Jump to content

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

Well would you believe it, latest MetO prediction sends the heavyiest area of Precip over the North West tomorrow morning, completely missing most South Yorks and most of West Yorks

We need it to be shifted back east!

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Well would you believe it, latest MetO prediction sends the heavyiest area of Precip over the North West tomorrow morning, completely missing most South Yorks and most of West Yorks

We need it to be shifted back east!

No thank you. Currently predicted to hit us head on, so no more movements allowed

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Well would you believe it, latest MetO prediction sends the heavyiest area of Precip over the North West tomorrow morning, completely most South Yorks and most of West Yorks

We need it to be shifted back east!

Yes, both GFS and NMM move it further North West maybe just clipping Northern most parts of West Yorkshire.  Euro4 still has it hitting land near N Yorks Moors/Wolds then through East Yorkshire, Eastern areas of West Yorkshire then South Yorkshire into Peak District.  Still some uncertainty and likely to be a case of Radar watching for the exact track.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the weather channel view of the "blob" as at around 730 this evening that is expected to cross somewhere in the uk tomorrow morning. Quite a substantial area of precipitation.

Screenshot_20180226-123559.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Well would you believe it, latest MetO prediction sends the heavyiest area of Precip over the North West tomorrow morning, completely missing most South Yorks and most of West Yorks

We need it to be shifted back east!

Not sure which forecast you are referring to but the Amber Warning is still in force covering much of the East side of Yorkshire (further East than my location?)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely not going where the current amber area is for. The met will have to move it at least 50 miles west, the 6z runs have it needing to move 100 miles its that out of position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cowdog said:

It is definitely not going where the current amber area is for. The met will have to move it at least 50 miles west, the 6z runs have it needing to move 100 miles its that out of position.

Yes it has been shifting N and W on recent output. If you take the last several days into account this low has moved around a lot. We’ve been too far north, south, east and west at times, as well as being in the right place!

Definitely a nowcast event ❄️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Yes it has been shifting N and W on recent output. If you take the last several days into account this low has moved around a lot. We’ve been too far north, south, east and west at times, as well as being in the right place!

Definitely a nowcast event ❄️

Lets hope it snowballs in size and blankets the entire region

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cowdog said:

It is definitely not going where the current amber area is for. The met will have to move it at least 50 miles west, the 6z runs have it needing to move 100 miles its that out of position.

Assuming those runs are correct?  Not saying they aren't but you would have thought the Met Office would have amended the warning by now otherwise?

Anyway I am certainly hoping for a Westwards correction just not too far!  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

very disapointed they havent extended that amber area going by gfs and not even updated any other warnings. all this ramping by pros n news etc. well you wouldnt think the beast from the east has arrived after this morning little excitement has all but vapourised. feels just like a standard cold winter day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...