Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Happy new year all! 

I see all the excitement in the Mad thread but should we be getting excited as all i see is people from the south lol. Thought i would ask in here if it could deliver for us as we barely get mentioned in there, so hard to tell. 

I want more snow! haha 

Posted
16 hours ago, snow*please said:

Happy new year all! 

I see all the excitement in the Mad thread but should we be getting excited as all i see is people from the south lol. Thought i would ask in here if it could deliver for us as we barely get mentioned in there, so hard to tell. 

I want more snow! haha 

Looks more like a East Coast event this weekend. Might be wrong but it will take a strong flow to push the showers inland. 

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

on Tuesday until 04:00 on Wednesday

Very strong winds in association with Storm Eleanor will affect southern parts of Northern Ireland on Tuesday evening and then northern England as well as southernmost fringes of Scotland overnight, before clearing into the North Sea early on Wednesday. Flying debris could lead to injuries or danger to life whilst some damage to buildings is likely. Some disruption to road, rail and air travel is likely and ferry services may be affected. There is a good chance that power cuts may occur with mobile phone coverage perhaps affected. Along west-facing coasts, injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, seafronts and properties.

Amber warning now for Tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes it looks and sounds horrible tonight. Doubt we'll get much sleep accross our patch of the world with 80mph gusts outside. Stay safe everyone :)

Posted

Yes stay safe everyone 

Excitement in the model/mad thread for the up and coming snow to no snow event!

Heres hoping we get in on the action this time - we have missed out recently and are yet to see any decent snow fall this winter

beast from the east so fingers crossed for our parts 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, Tinker Bell said:

Yes stay safe everyone 

Excitement in the model/mad thread for the up and coming snow to no snow event!

Heres hoping we get in on the action this time - we have missed out recently and are yet to see any decent snow fall this winter

beast from the east so fingers crossed for our parts 

Prime location here east of peninnes from an easterly, for those right on east coast it can get marginal at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Mean wind speed of 16mph from the South, gusting 30mph.

Max gust in 2017 was 46mph, so I wonder if that can be beaten already on the 2nd/3rd day of 2018.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Wow just got in from work. Winds really picking up out there now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see sting jet setting up. Stay safe everyone. Don’t think 80-90mph winds are out the question tonight. Expect a lot of trees down tomorrow. Hopefully not too much in the way of structural damage. 

Posted

Looking at the latest models I can' see the easterly lasting long the Atlantic looks angry.

Posted
55 minutes ago, sausage said:

not according to the ecm

but no doubt gfs will guess if right.

funny how ecm was right way off with the slider compared to gfs but you can guess whos right this time lol. cant you...

Very true always the case.

Winds certainly increased now can see it been busy here overnight with people been kept awake.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just a run of the mill winter windy night here one gust to 50 mph others mid forties so wasn't bad at all. Bit alarmed when I saw 76mph quoted for Sheffield wondering if my gauge was reading low because if it was western park I should have hit 85+. Turns out it was High Bradfield so my single gust of 50mph would be about right. So the wait for a storm goes on here. Normally Bradfield really bangs in the high numbers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
46 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Just a run of the mill winter windy night here one gust to 50 mph others mid forties so wasn't bad at all. Bit alarmed when I saw 76mph quoted for Sheffield wondering if my gauge was reading low because if it was western park I should have hit 85+. Turns out it was High Bradfield so my single gust of 50mph would be about right. So the wait for a storm goes on here. Normally Bradfield really bangs in the high numbers.

64 mph recorded here at 340m which ties in well with your 50 and Bradfield's 76 mph. As you say, just a standard windy night for this time of year. 

Posted

A windy night  and early morning in East Yorkshire , but nothing exceptional.

Wind speed 40 mph

Gusts at 48 mph

Blue bins turned over all along the street !

Posted

lol just recorded 54 mph. it sneaked that in while I was resetting the davies logger so lucky I caught it.

Posted

The chase for the Easterly is on seen this so many times over the years with last minute let downs. so not getting my hopes up just yet.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

Yes a very windy night and early morning for me. Found a 12ft trampoline with net in the middle of the road! Not great at 0530 it frightened the life out of me lol 

Edited by Tinker Bell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

don't think east Yorkshire will get much snow from this cold spell,temps forecast just don't seem cold enough for me.

Posted

It looks like there may be a few flakes of snow on the North York Moors maybe on Sat night ........ but that’s about it. Should be cold , sunny and crisp over the weekend in Yorkshire anyway which will be a blessing .

Edited by Jeremy Shockey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Pineapple Express said:

It looks like there may be a few flakes of snow on the North York Moors maybe on Sat night ........ but that’s about it. Should be cold , sunny and crisp over the weekend in Yorkshire anyway which will be a blessing .

Might head to Dalby Forest for a bike ride on Sunday, with any luck a small covering of snow and blue skies.

Posted

Gusting over 50 again today.  Since it's unnamed we will call it Yorkshire pudding.

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Gusting over 50 again today.  Since it's unnamed we will call it Yorkshire pudding.

yes same here , just had a gust over 50 mph at 4.45pm ( came out of nowhere , we had very light winds 10 mins before that near Beverley )