ajpoolshark

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

3 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Its too far south is all this snow for Leeds!

Well let’s hope we start to see something from 4pm as in the Meto warning. Because if it stays like this it’s another Amber bust for Leeds 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Are we expecting some sort of a trough to get this warning??

The forcast is for showers to band together in places to give slightly prolonged periods of snow for those lucky enough to catch them and obviously as the sun starts to go down and temperatures with it will help these accumulations. Not all the places in the Amber area will receive those streamers it’s more about nowcasting and radar watching. Remember these areas are only a guild some places outside the warning area may also get the heavier/iest Showers/Streamers. :drinks:

• Like 1

The radar looks great for South storks, Those north may be forgiven for thinking we are laying down inches however the reality is that the snow showers are flying through and gone within 2 minutes of starting. They are quickly replaced by brief sunshine causing melt. So in actual fact it’s not as exciting as it looks.

The real fun begins when the sun lowers! Woppeee.

Lovely cold crisp sunny day in Leeds. Bitter in the wind.

Radar not looking too good for much of West Yorks at the moment. South York's looks the place to be!

-1.8C and melting as soon as it stopped. Another shower coming so we've finally gained a little in cover hopefully the next one will provide proper cover.

Poor show here in West Yorkshire 😩 Despite all the hype of yesterday ..decent wind blowing mind you but that is all..can't see anything on the radar worth getting hopes up about..😬

Sat 24 looks good for Leeds later on. We should get a line near coast soon headed from the ENE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K9 said:

Poor show here in West Yorkshire 😩 Despite all the hype of yesterday ..decent wind blowing mind you but that is all..can't see anything on the radar worth getting hopes up about..😬

Only 12.30 give it time 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice right now not often you get the coldest temp at midday below zero -1.9C right now. Probably 5mm of cover needs some more. Correction now -2.1C

Edited by The PIT

Looking at Sat24 and radar those in west Yorkshire need to look at the pointy bit of the coast where another que is setting up far into the North Sea. These should head for York and then Leeds.

Convergence was due to start round mid day for around 14 hours so if your currently under a streamer you've got lucky if your in a gap your in for a frustrating day. Looks like parts of Leeds could be in for a bang your head against a wall kinda day

whiteout here at the moment, true blizzard! The wind is very strong

As PIT says though, its all melting, which is a shame, this intensity should be buidling up quickly but the showers are blown through too fast at the moment

Reversing the radar seems to show anything entering land from Bridlington hits my area of West Yorkshire.  With that in mind we have some intense showers heading our way in the next hour or so. Finally!.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, K9 said:

It’s not hype ..... it’s a forecast... not a crystal ball

Strange the Met haven't updated amber warning t cover rest of Yorkshire e.g north, looks like the whole county will get a pasting overnight 

BBC says no snow at all between 4pm and 11pm. Met Office says heavy snow between 4pm and 11pm. 

Who will win? 

2 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

BBC says no snow at all between 4pm and 11pm. Met Office says heavy snow between 4pm and 11pm. 

Who will win? 

If your going on apps these are terrible they’ll change minute by minute. However the Met app is by far better that the BBCs, last Beast I got around 16” in three days on my location I think the BBC app showed a couple of light snow showers throughout those three days it’s absolutely Useless so I think it’s safe to say if your going on the Apps the Met will be the closest however it’s still not a given. 👍

• Like 1

Last shower was half decent so managed a decent covering, suns out now though!

snow1703.thumb.jpg.829916924871537d580d8ae39d46a0dd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If all people are gonna do is moan then take it to the moaning thread! 

not often we get snow in march this late in the year! not everyone will get some, not everyone will see the heavier stuff yes some of us are in the lucky spots!

Enjoy it! or go have a drink! 

• Like 1

It is melting between showers but the showers in that wind are wicked. Already some decent drifts too.  Bit colder needed though to get a covering.

Posted (edited)

The area between Hull and Sheffield I suspect will be one of the hardest hit areas as shown on the radar screen shot I’ve provided below things are already pepping up somewhat and as the day light starts to drop along with Temperatures I suspect this area to have a decent covering by the morning. Be good to see pics from people in that area? 

CD48DC4C-CB72-4874-8ED4-55A1C2525549.jpeg

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

The area between Hull and Sheffield I suspect will be one of the hardest hit areas  as shown on the radar screen shot I’ve provided below things are already popping up somewhat and as the delight starts to drop along with Temperatures I suspect this area to have a decent covering by the morning. Be good to see pics from people in that area? 

CD48DC4C-CB72-4874-8ED4-55A1C2525549.jpeg

and that would go inline with the amber warning for south yorks! roll on 4pm :) 

• Like 1