Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

snowing very lightly again but what slush was left on the ground has now all melted. Its just soaking wet! Cant see anything settling at the moment, guess ill see what I wake up to....probably nothing lol :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

A slight covering again, the same as yesterday morning, but nothing significant at all. Still very wet and slushy. The epic fail easterly draws to a close, and probably another bust winter with it! :nonono::angry::cray:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes what a massive disappointment. Only snow we had was during Thursday... It's been heavy rain since Friday when  i was hoping for heavy snow. How could the forecasters get it so so wrong... Sigh 

Deep in puddles not in snow :(

Edited by djrikki

Posted

Very heavy snow here for about 45 minutes.  Radar looks good for another couple of hour at least.  Sticking to the grass but not the road..  East Morton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Occasional very light sleet/snow but when the heavy precipitation arrived it turned to rain!  Typical of this winter really....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Snow here but it does not makeup for the cataclysm that was yesterday. Looking at the radar it also looks like this is our last rallying call as we pull in more stable air and the high sinks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Wet snow here but white scenes to be found above about 250m around here.

IMG_20170212_131109.jpg

IMG_20170212_132540.jpg

IMG_20170212_132008.jpg

IMG_20170212_132534.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Heaviest of day now.Settling on grass cars ect .

High ground must be doing OK. All hills are white

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

As disappointments go, this must rank hightly as one of biggest disappointments within the last 4 years.  Just cold rain here

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, joggs said:

Heaviest of day now.Settling on grass cars ect .

High ground must be doing OK. All hills are white

Yep it's great up here in East Morton.  Shame it looks like it will be over soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Just been up to peak district, some great wintry scenes. 

Amazing how just one degree can be difference between a bit of drizzlel/sleet and blizzard conditions. 

Edited by Bradowl
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

There! there!,it's nice to see people getting out about looking for snow and posting some piccies:)

although it has been a pretty dismal winter here,i managed to get out and head up to Warncliffe woods,and surrounding areas of Bolsterstone and are only a few miles from me so here are my pics from today,ok the snow wasn't deep but it will be memorable as my dog and daughter had fun,and me too:D

Warncliffe woods

DSC01121.thumb.JPG.0483e605f1139e63a9d18c4fb7db8464.JPGDSC01122.thumb.JPG.3c5e49fb1932df0a11a4df83cf6c411c.JPGDSC01128.thumb.JPG.3e12fe5dda0d91bea0b4335e8a227363.JPG

a wood nere Bolsterstone

DSC01131.thumb.JPG.dff9ae5633816d64c5ade101336e751a.JPGDSC01133.thumb.JPG.7b43e4672e823ba9b1bdcd10f3e9bd6e.JPGDSC01134.thumb.JPG.58422f2ce2575e46a1fc0e27490b0e7d.JPG

and my dog and daughter having fun:),before the drive back home.

DSC01132.thumb.JPG.f82d771340d3bbbc7c56a535f7be3b81.JPGDSC01137.thumb.JPG.1b386441b05da7f6a594168bc6635e68.JPGDSC01139.thumb.JPG.031a94d5a72b274a5b9c59a937a14966.JPGDSC01127.thumb.JPG.7c75c6dec4117cbbf1d24019bd3d3c0a.JPGDSC01129.thumb.JPG.0f319e7d467596ed3141bcd3eee09e2c.JPG

P.S,will we have another blast at the end of the month?,watch this space and in the meantime,enjoy spring next week.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Pretty poor and at the moment this looks like the last snow of the winter. Good chance we will record zero days of lying snow this winter. Was hoping for a lot more this weekend but a case of being too far south Saturday and Sunday just too far west so the snow was too light too settle.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Anybody here?!

Looks like a kitchen sink jobber coming up when Doris comes to town on Thursday!

Could be some nasty gusts especially across South Yorkshire with up to 70-80mph forecast.  

There could even be a flake of snow!  

The hills of North Yorkshire look like they might cop a covering at least but it has been a dreadful winter for snow in this part of Yorkshire I must admit!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

Yes its slightly strengthening.I hope it tracks further away from us selfishly.Be ok if it moved further south and might drag colder air further south also.Hope everyone stays safe.

Posted

Thursday is looking a bit nasty at the moment, although obviously still plenty of time for change.

Personally would like the worst a bit away from the area as I've got quite a busy day Thursday! Although it would probably be my first 'proper' wind storm living in West Yorks... Not that I'm particularly interested in experiencing one!

Posted

It will be very brief cover with milder air again in the evening.
We had 56mph last night here, I don't think we'll have anything worse tomorrow but the main focus is a bit south of us. Going by current forecast.
Mainly it will be wet which is annoying since the wind has dried things up nicely the past day or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Just back from a very windy dog walk. At times I was fighting to keep upright.
Must be close to 50 mph gusts I think.

Anyone else with more exact readings ?

B. :)