Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Sums up yet another pathetic winter. Last memorable snowfall for me was back in March 2013. Coming up to 4 years now. Just awful. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well got a nice covering this morning turning more sleety now. But still on grass and pavements. Should see some more tonight once temps fall again. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Good up at fox house while here it turned to sleet at 7:00 morning then back to snow now the odd spot of rain in the wind. If we get any heavy stuff it will turn back too snow me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Been cold rain here in Rotherham since early this morning. 

Not expecting anything wintry now for a week or two. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Miserable, cold and damp this morning. Got my hopes up for a bit of lying snow when I awoke, but had them dashed once again. Think that sums up this winter, along with the last 3 for me. *sigh*

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Griffin said:

Cold rain/Sleet here.  Miserable 

Indeed, really frustrating. Just a degree or two colder and everything would be white. Nearly every snow chance these days are marginal.

Posted

Mo say lower ground could have snow tonight.Are we expecting some colder air moving back for a while?

Thoughts?

Posted
20 hours ago, SouthYorks said:

You should defo stay in this thread...we are a friendly bunch!  Hopefully Hunny is not so Sunny, and you get a bit more snow, although not too much elevation in your area but a lovely part of the country...we love the coast between Hunstanton and Cromer and spent 3 weeks a year staying near Wells for around 20 years and had some fantastic holidays but only once saw snow when we stayed for a week over new year a few years ago.  Horizontal snow from the East on Wells beach was interesting!

We had a few snow flurries the new year of 2014-2015 including a lovely boxing day snowfall. That was the last before this spell which brought me 4 dustings over 48 hours :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Its been another let down once again hasnt it. Kept getting up through the night to look out and it was snowing but just not building up. Must have been melting undeneath as fast as it was settling. Only had about 1cm cover here this morning!! Pethetic, given the meto warning for my altitude was 3-6cm. Another warning which was a joke. This winter is the biggest joke though, but not having deep snow in Sheffield for over 2 years now is just shameful :sorry:

Theres now another new warning in force tonight & tomorrow for us, which says another few cm but ill beleive it when I see it! Forecast symbols for Sunday show the first heavy snow for me in a long time, 8 hours in 0c which would be great, but we shall see...

snow122.thumb.png.7680a4c99df4bca4c08d5c21629bf21a.png

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

Been snowing on and off in central London.  Not that often you see it raining on the hills in the north and snowing here.  

Posted
1 hour ago, joggs said:

Mo say lower ground could have snow tonight.Are we expecting some colder air moving back for a while?

Thoughts?

Possible with winds still in east. 

Posted

I've looked at dewpoints and there's an area of lower out over north sea. 

Edited by joggs

Posted

Just said on bbc weather, snow down to lower levels tonight over north east England and midlands. 

Looks like hills are going to see a good few cms. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Cheese Rice said:

Been snowing on and off in central London.  Not that often you see it raining on the hills in the north and snowing here.  

Happened a few times over the years.

Still gruapel sliding down the car windscreen so if it got heavier it would turn to snow. Radar not really favorable right now at the moment. Pity netweather radar doesn't go out across the north sea. 

• Like 1

Posted

Today sums up the last few years here. Temperatures completely on the wrong side of marginal and even when snow did fall over the last few days the temperature didn't drop below 1C to allow anything to even settle temporarily.

Its looking like a fourth consecutive winter with no measurable lying snow now and only 2 days with dustings since early 2013. Never known anything like it.

Posted

Latest GFS is bad news for us. Looks like the drizzle and sleet will die out overnight the snowfall tomorrow has been delayed and moved out further east so will only swing back in towards us in the afternoon. By then is likely to have warmed up enough for rain rather than snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Is there some sort of divine intervention going on because it sure does feel like it. 

Posted

Looking like another dire winter here four pretty poor winters for coastal and low lying areas one covering of snow in January which melted by dinner nothing significant here since Jan 2013 now. March 2013 was good but dont count that as winter had an covering in Feb 2015 which melted by dinner. Easterly ain't much good for snow anyway always to marginal more often then not give me an Northerly or North easterly anytime showers piling in off north sea watching the night sky turn that lovely orange as the next snow shower rolls in miss the good old northerly toppler. Think we were spoilt by 2009-2010 and Nov and Dec 2010. Maybe next winter our luck will change? March and April can produce but any snow rapidly melts even if it is cloudy but if so repeat of easter 2008 snowfalls i wouldn't complain. 

Posted

I see its turned back to snow at Leeds Bradford Airport well sleet but the temp has dropped to 1.c and the PPN was never particularly heavy.

Posted

Just sleet and rain at the coast with a strong easterly wind, just taken S-i-L back to the station, she had been visiting, and it was miserable, 4C so snow not likely at the moment, and driving rain. Been grey and dark all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Driven over the tops from Manchester to Sheffield this afternoon and was shocked to see very little snow. Been an odd set up...even with altitude it was largely drizzle and there was a lack of a cover over the Snake Pass. Car was saying 2C which was the same at the low levels to the east. My friend in Fulwood, Sheffield says it was wet snow there and he is 1000ft above sea level.