Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

That's killed it then if Pauls getting excited. Like Carols humdingers instant death for any storm. Anyway further back north as others have noted. This evening maybe further south again who knows.

Don't think there will be much change now Pit ( we have decent agreement at 72- the models should have a decent hanlde on the track)- pennines to get absolutely hammered with snow on sunday- north west england forecast says 'significant snow' - i'm right on the boundary with west yorks so im guessing your will be similar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
54 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Looking good for Sunday? 

00_84_preciptype.png

Yes I will happily accept this for Sunday...

20171207_064226.thumb.png.d5a8cbd084a52aa02e9a276d6b02c91b.png

Heavy snowfall for six hours with continued snowfall into the early hours of Monday.  I just hope it actually settles!

:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So we have the gfs vs ecm this morning with the slider low. Gfs wants us in the game. But ecm pushes it too far south with us totally missing out on the snow. Think steve murr might have this correct with it been a southern event. Can see the ecm trumping the gfs over the slider with it been top model. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, terrier said:

So we have the gfs vs ecm this morning with the slider low. Gfs wants us in the game. But ecm pushes it too far south with us totally missing out on the snow. Think steve murr might have this correct with it been a southern event. Can see the ecm trumping the gfs over the slider with it been top model. 

It doesn't show that at all. West Yorkshire gets 2-3 inches.

• Like 1

Posted

weather channel saying this for my area 

Snow. Continued cold. High 1ºC. Winds E at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of snow 100%. Snowfall of 7-12 cm.

83_ukpreciptype.png

84_ukpreciptype.png

85_ukpreciptype.png

86_ukpreciptype.png

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

It'd be nice, LeeSnowFan, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Too many times having them dashed over the last few years. Knowing our luck, it'll snow but not settle! :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Never mind Sunday, today we may even have Snow. Appears the cold is going to come in a bit sooner than predicted days ago, and could well we have no rain or at most sleet then snow.  Might end up with more than a covering by this time tomorrow morning across the Pennines.

Posted

Think we could all do with a 50miles north adjustment. Obviously people in north York's 100 miles +.

Definitely no more southward.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
10 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Never mind Sunday, today we may even have Snow. Appears the cold is going to come in a bit sooner than predicted days ago, and could well we have no rain or at most sleet then snow.  Might end up with more than a covering by this time tomorrow morning across the Pennines.

Yes it looks like the showers should start to pile in this afternoon and gradually become more wintry through the evening.

Snow very likely over the Pennines with a covering very possible before the showers die out and move away to the South after midnight.

That's likely to be our lot bar the odd snow shower until Sunday then.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
58 minutes ago, joggs said:

Think we could all do with a 50miles north adjustment. Obviously people in north York's 100 miles +.

Definitely no more southward.

Currently looking very good for South & West Yorkshire, unfortunatley North Yorkshire hasn't seen a decent frontal event since Feb 2013, a near miss to the North in Dec 2015 and a near miss to the South in Dec 2014 and it does look having a similar fate this Sunday.

Here we are currently on the northern edge with forecasts of 1-2cm so any more adjustments South would see us out of the snow zone ala March 2013 when it snowed heavily 15 miles down the road.

I seriously hope that York sees a decent snowfall as they havent seen more than 1cm since Feb 2013, whereas here closer to the coast we have seen temporary coverings via convective snowfall.

Posted
11 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Currently looking very good for South & West Yorkshire, unfortunatley North Yorkshire hasn't seen a decent frontal event since Feb 2013, a near miss to the North in Dec 2015 and a near miss to the South in Dec 2014 and it does look having a similar fate this Sunday.

Here we are currently on the northern edge with forecasts of 1-2cm so any more adjustments South would see us out of the snow zone ala March 2013 when it snowed heavily 15 miles down the road.

I seriously hope that York sees a decent snowfall as they havent seen more than 1cm since Feb 2013, whereas here closer to the coast we have seen temporary coverings via convective snowfall.

Nope! Depends on which part of North Yorkshire :p North Yorkshire is Massive, and the western side where we are has had snow every year from frontal snowfall. Yes its not really gone further than Harrogate but its been happening every year, just not had a colossal event since 2014.

Posted
1 minute ago, cowdog said:

Nope! Depends on which part of North Yorkshire :p North Yorkshire is Massive, and the western side where we are has had snow every year from frontal snowfall. Yes its not really gone further than Harrogate but its been happening every year, just not had a colossal event since 2014.

Fully aware of that, I just mean a county wide frontal snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

You can already tell that it's going to start 'correcting' northwards until only the Shetland Islands are affected. :D

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

You can already tell that it's going to start 'correcting' northwards until only the Shetland Islands are affected. :D

Your comment in the Moaning thread made me laugh yesterday.

Lets hope it doesnt change from the 6z but no doubt its bound to from experience.

Posted

Unfortunately I now live 'down south', although will be up north until Sunday evening. No doubt it will track through the Midlands, meaning i miss in both cases!  

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Unfortunately I now live 'down south', although will be up north until Sunday evening. No doubt it will track through the Midlands, meaning i miss in both cases!  

You won't miss it. This isn't a small 50 mile wide band of precipitation, its going to cover the whole of England, assuming it doesn't go really really south, and only 1 run of 1 model has shown that. Its going to be absurdly unlikely that West Yorkshire / South Yorkshire don't get at least a few cm of snow.

The thing is somewhere could get a foot of it from Sundays event - thats what really everyone is talking about, and that peak area has moved so that instead of it being around West Yorkshire its now Warwickshire / Derbyshire way.

Edited by cowdog