Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lovely late Autumn day with unbroken sunshine from start to finish, it was nice driving to Peterborough and and back this morning with some shallow mist sitting on the fields.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 09/11/2016 at 09:54, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Ben. I'm no expert on Wunderground and only occasionally look at their 'current conditions' output for my location as they contain more detail than the Met Office 'latest observations' (e.g. they give DP and windchill readings and Met O don't). But for readings common to both, Wunderground & the Met O do agree. I don't use them for any forecasts.
I would suggest treating them as one source amongst many and make comparisons and form a view.

By the way, here's a handy website that allows you to enter temp and relative humidity and it calculates the DP for you:
http://www.dpcalc.org/

Back to today and it's a miserable start here. Wet and a chilly 6C. But looks even worse down in Sussex and Kent!

Radar Tues 09 Nov 09.40.jpg

Yep got totally soaked in that mess.

• Like 1

Posted
On 09/11/2016 at 17:07, Jimmyh said:

Sad Sad day today for those of us who have lived in Croydon and ever used the tram. having lived in and used the tram extensively over a 5 year period, going to and from Beckenham and elmers end underneath the sandliands turning. Poor souls you cannot imagine the crash, but it seems like they have already established the cause being driver error as the rail safety board has said he was going to fast round the bend. As someone said earlier on FB hold your loved ones tighter tonight as 5 (could be more) souls wont return today :-(

I use to use those trams too. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A lovely late Autumn day with unbroken sunshine from start to finish, it was nice driving to Peterborough and and back this morning with some shallow mist sitting on the fields.

Had a day with lots of showers coming in from the north sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looks like a bit of a miserable Saturday ahead, leaves have rapidly fallen off the trees recently here and the pavements are pretty dangerous.

Posted

After the last poor 3 winters it's been nice to see some early frosts and chill this year! Would like to see a snowfall before Christmas this year! My fingers are crossed we get some snow next month! Ps horrible Saturday out there lucky I've got indoor decorating to get on with!

Edited by clark3r

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

True style British autumn/early winter out there this morning. Wet, dark and miserable. 

Of course it is.. it's the weekend! 

Models continue to show promise 10-15 days away. 

It was 10-15 days away a week ago as well.. blah blah... Back to reality and more of the same expected next week, rain and dry periods! Nothing to cold and nothing to mild. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

They say we need the rain but why oh why always on a weekend....It seems!

A day for relaxing at home, doing some Christmas Shopping Online and a nice takeaway this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

They say we need the rain but why oh why always on a weekend....It seems!

A day for relaxing at home, doing some Christmas Shopping Online and a nice takeaway this evening.

Urgh, can't bare that phrase. Anyone would think we live in one of the wettest countries in Europe.... oh wait!!! 

Posted

Partially true @Ben Lewis in the hope of something more substantial indeed.

By Wednesday temperatures start taking a fall GFS 06z by next Saturday has one of those channel runners bumping into quite cold air on the northern flank, dare I say there's a *snow* risk for the SE marginal but when is it not? 7 days away so not to be taken with great conviction, nonetheless it illustrates not all darn cold and snow 'potential' is out in outer space. :) 

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

So I lust over this lovely coat. For a few days. Then it ends up in a my 'shopping basket' along with a few other things that were totally necessary, and i shall get them middle of the week. Because it will now totally snow or at least be cold enough to have such a lovely coat. I am happy as a pig in mud as i've got everything i want for this winter apart from some brown long boots but there is none so the grey ones will have to do.

So it was totes warmer today although the rain wasn't very nice. warm enough to be in a t-shirt and my rain coat. Oh the horror. 

That is what happens when you buy a lovely winter, long, puffy, grey, cosy coat with a hood.

But I totally believe it will be cold at some point.  And i will be glad i brought it.

Now to find a space for it. I don't do the buy one dump one thing. A woman needs her coats.

totally. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today is definitely a stay inside with the heating on type of day. Very grim.

Oh it is approaching mid-month, that probably means I need to make a stab at a winter forecast. Not feeling very confident on a forecast at the moment as I suspect many others are in the same boat.

Posted

Is it colder than forecast, I only got up to 6.8 temp wise today. I thought it was supposed to warm up with the rain.

Other than that it's raining.

Posted

12z and other models pulling for a fairly average November week next week, i.e.. nothing out of the ordinary! Mild start and cold (Ish) end. NW airflow bringing sunnier sky's at the end of the week at least with temps up to 8/9c in shelter.. not to shabby! 

As long as the Atlantic train stays held off with its boring WET & MILD Atlantic storms I'm happy! 

• Like 1

Posted

Back to sunshine today, not too chilly either.

Posted

Nice sunny dog walk this morning if rather muddy. Thank god that dross from yesterday has disappeared 

Very mild next few days coming up before turning less mild by end of week. Even in the brisk NW winds come Friday temps still set to hit double figures in the SE according to met office latest tweet, before turning milder once again into next Sunday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Earlier on I was going to post "can't moan about today" with the sun out and milder than lately. But then it clouded over and went grey for an hour - coinciding with walking the dogs. Just had another brief spell of sunshine, but looking at the satelite it seems like East Anglia might continue to be plagued by rather more cloud than suggested by the beeb forecasts earlier.

13.25 Cloud Sun 13 Nov 13.25.jpg

Posted

Moans for today :-

Warm cosy coat has no record  at the couriers although it has been dispatched.

The person who decided on 1 bin collection every 2 weeks needs to be shot.

House is always messy no matter how much I try to keep it tidy. But I have made room for cosy coat. Other than that I am completely out of space error for any more shoes. Hubs has had to buy another shoe rack.

I get a year older this week.

Non moans for today :-

Gorgeous day out there. Lovely and mild for this time of year, outside in trackies and t-shirt with hubs sorting out the bins. No need for a coat. (cosy coat wont go any where near the bins:nea:)

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
20 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is it snowing yet:lazy:

Yes blizzards... well in my vivid imagination anyway, comes in handy when passing time till the real thing starts falling from the sky, what in about 2 weeks from now?! :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, bluebell said:

Yes blizzards... well in my vivid imagination anyway, comes in handy when passing time till the real thing starts falling from the sky, what in about 2 weeks from now?! :wink:

Two weeks:yahoo:

Posted

last year we had snow on the 21st.

Posted

It can't snow yet. No cosy coat.