Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Had a couple of sleet showers this morning. Just had a decent hailstorm too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Have had heavy rain all day, looks like it's about to stop soon though. If only it was a bit colder, could have had at least a foot of snow today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There has been a few heavy rain showers today, though it has tended to become drier and sunnier as the day progressed.

Tomorrow looks interesting with an outside chance of some wet snow if the front disrupts favourably to keep us in a cold continental feed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Very ironic that here in mid Norfolk for last 5 days had some beefy long heavy showers either coming from the north or east. Now when we had the cold spell 4 years back it was a bloody snow shield as showers missed me 80% of the time. So technically if this was mid January I'd have at least 9" snow by now.

if we do get that cold spell this winter I will paste this message lol.

also does anybody really have same thoughts as me I sometimes read the model threads, this morning they were all crazy as all models were showing really cold weather continuing now this evening it's gone full Circle that from mid month normal autumnal weather is expected huh????? I find some of the posters very irritating my opinion 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, slater said:

Very ironic that here in mid Norfolk for last 5 days had some beefy long heavy showers either coming from the north or east. Now when we had the cold spell 4 years back it was a bloody snow shield as showers missed me 80% of the time. So technically if this was mid January I'd have at least 9" snow by now.

also does anybody really have same thoughts as me I sometimes read the model threads, this morning they were all crazy as all models were showing really cold weather continuing now this evening it's gone full Circle that from mid month normal autumnal weather is expected huh????? I find some of the posters very irritating my opinion 

Welcome to the Triangle of Doom!:sorry:

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, slater said:

Me too, they know in the mid term the models swing about, but still they look there and over react to whatever is shown. There really is no point. However it's a good read.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Are the dew points expected to be above freezing tomorrow evening/night? I'm guessing so, have rain forecast :(

Posted

It's kind of typical really, now the showers are gone the temp is dropping like a stone. Sill not cold enough for snow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A proper air frost to start here, really nippy this morning but beautiful under clear skies with that blue tinge as it finally gets light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all

So it does look like we will see some weather from the West but it certainly doesn't seem like the same pattern as this time last year when it arrived and stayed or pretty much the whole of Autumn/Winter.

To me it looks to come and go thus leaving the door open for a colder spell leading into start of December.

This is perfect timing in my opinion, cold now is certainly a waste for us in terms of anything major, however a couple of weeks delay and well certainly have some excitement through the build up to the Festive Season let alone the big weekend itself.

So let's ride out the milder & damp conditions arriving whilst we continue to look for the icing on the Cake that looks to follows.

Caution the excitement is required but certainly more confident than last few years.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

3c this morning, its almost cold enough to start wearing long trousers. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Definitely a chill in the air this morning, very cold when I stepped out for my morning smoke. 

Look's like we might see a milder spell in the coming weeks, I can only echo what members have already said above me, nothing wrong with a little westerly in November and the pattern is certainly changeable from last year.

Posted

Oooh so chilly! It was -1.c on my unreliable thermometer at 7.30am, first morning I'd had to properly scrape the car. And the leaves on the ground are crisp!

My niece lives in Harrogate, it's her birthday tomorrow. The anticipation of snow on her birthday is too much to bear, I hope she isn't disappointed. He excitement and apprehension just twigged something in my brain - do you remember the Powergen ITV Weather intros of the 90s? I loved them...but If I heard this one, I remember running to the telly at 100mph!!

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all,

No frost in Southend this morning, even at 5am it only got down to 2 degrees, on the plus side no need to scrape the car, or even remove dew this morning, it was perfectly dry.  It was a different story once I left SE Essex, a blanket of frost all the way to Nottingham and a minimum of -3 in rural Leicestershire.

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

Yesterday we had a few sleet showers in the early morning before a short thunderstorm in the afternoon, feeling very chilly..

Had -2c here overnight with a lovely white frost covering everything! Feeling lovely and wintery, shame the snow won't make it this far south..

• Like 1

Posted

Temp is lower than predicted here 3.7c with a dew point of -1c. 

• Like 1

Posted

Sleet watch has commenced for another year!

I do think parts north and east of here may see some flakes..

T = 5.0C / DP = 0C 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
8 minutes ago, Changing Skies. said:

Sleet watch has commenced for another year!

I do think parts north and east of here may see some flakes..

T = 5.0C / DP = 0C 

And hopefully we'll only have to wait a few weeks before it's a full-on snow watch Dan!!! :)

Certainly an interesting radar this evening, showing precipitation turning to sleet and snow further North.

With the Met Office observations for the station up the road from me (Wattisham) showing the temp falling to 1.9C at 17.00 I did start to wonder if a bit of sleet or even wet snow might be on the cards by the time the precipitation reached here. But in the last hour the temp has started creeping up and it was 2.1C at 18.00, so looking doubtful (although the local Look East forecast on the beeb just now did mention some sleet was possible for EA).

It's an extensive weather front, so there'll certainly be plenty of cold rain...

Radar Mon 08Nov 18.35.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the current pressure reports, it appears the Low pressure is further west than predicted. Does this mean we might keep the low dew points once he rain arrives. Deffo feels like snow out there. 

• Like 1

Posted

A sunny start but by the middle of the day the cloud moved in. It did stay dry throughout the day and it was pretty darn cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well I was too pessimistic! If the radar's to be believed, there is indeed some sleet arriving for East Anglia this evening.

20.50 Radar Mon 08Nov 20.50.jpg

I'm setting off for the nearest lamp-post now! :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

Well I am currently under that rain/sleet and well I can report that it is bone dry here still :rofl:

Posted

Precip hasn't arrived here yet,  but DP is still -1. Interesting. Temp 3.3c

Edit - How reliable is Wunderground.com? 

Edited by Ben Blizzard

Posted

We have snizzle here now (not sure if that is a proper term or not lol) microscopic flakes just making the ground damp. Temp fluctuating between 3.3 and 3.5c ish. DP 0c.