SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Sittingbourne it's been hammering it down here for at least 40 minutes, gusty before that (haven't really been able to hear the wind above the rain for a while), but seems to be raining less hard now.

Is the the main part of the storm we're in now and what time are we looking at it to pass please?

2 minutes ago, jayney69 said:

Here in Sittingbourne it's been hammering it down here for at least 40 minutes, gusty before that (haven't really been able to hear the wind above the rain for a while), but seems to be raining less hard now.

Is the the main part of the storm we're in now and what time are we looking at it to pass please?

No peek winds 7am-12pm depending where you are 

Getting worse here, gusting around 60-70pmh at Langdon Bay.  Winds going S and then SW.  Peak gusts expected IMBY between 7-9 am.  Very noisy, howling, whistling and violent.  Hoping as wind swings SW I will get some shelter.  Horrible!

In contrast to coastal areas it has been a very quiet night here once the torrential rain cleared. Very little wind even now it has swung around to the NW. Expecting it to increase for a couple of hours as the low pulls away. N France getting a bit of a battering.

Very very quiet night in Hertfordshire compared to coastal areas. 

Rain now easing and everything beginning to pull away. Excellent stuff. I'm so happy this storm was nothing but heavy rain for my neck of the woods. Bog standard stuff!

At least we have a usable Sunday coming up now once the rain clears in a few hours! 

Ps... All leaves still on trees here 

• Like 1

We have rellies in Epsom and Brighton. Not heard anything but going by you guys they will have had a battering. Pics of storm would be brilliant but no heroics especially on beaches.