Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well 2017 looks set to start on a thoroughly wet note, typical given how dry December has been. It looks like we will require evaporative cooling to lower the freezing level enough to get the precipitation to fall as snow on higher ground. As for the cold snap, well showers seem to be forecast for the north east corner of East Anglia and are now forecast to be of rain on all the model output. Elsewhere bank holiday Monday looks fine and sunny. Then it turns slightly less cold and cloudier as we import slightly milder air off the continent.

Rain tomorrow

arpegeuk-1-24-0.png?31-11   arpegeuk-1-30-0.png?31-11   arpegeuk-1-36-0.png?31-11

Showers Monday

arpegeuk-1-56-0.png?31-12

Temperatures tomorrow/Monday

arpegeuk-41-32-0.png?31-11   arpegeuk-41-56-0.png?31-12

Temperatures under the rain around 3-5C so it will feel pretty horrible, especially with a stiff northerly wind. 3-4C on Monday and a little milder on exposed coasts (5/6C). There will be night frosts with a sharp one on Monday night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
4 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Matt Taylor just now on BBC1 going for sleet and wet snow on hills of the midlands and southern England tomorrow afternoon.

About the best chance (albeit very low) of seeing any flakes in the reliable timeframe! Mind you, you would still need to get yourself up on hill to even stand a chance! 

So as we enter January, here we are still chasing any prospects of snow. Willing to put my neck on line here and predict no Snow would have fallen in our region by the time we get to mid January either. 

Meanwhile; Greece, Turkey and Cyprus are continuing to see snowfall and cold temps! 

Liam Dutton had tweeted from channel 4 weather  there is no snow forecast up to mid Jan, yes colder but nothing out the norm for January here in Uk! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
59 minutes ago, slater said:

Liam Dutton had tweeted from channel 4 weather  there is no snow forecast up to mid Jan, yes colder but nothing out the norm for January here in Uk! 

Yep and it will be April before we know with yet another snowless winter at this rate.

Doesnt matter if it's only the beginning of January - that means nothing. Heard peeps on the MOD thread barking that it was only November... 8 weeks later.. here we are still waiting! One can't help but wonder subconsciously that it could be yet another snowless winter with the past few winters track record and no snow highly likely during the first 2 weeks of the new month. 

At least it's been cold (well colder than last winter) with some fantastic frosts. No Atlantic storms and no major flooding issues, of course that could all change but at least we haven't a double whammy of no snow and buckets of rain. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Year over, easterly over, cold spell over, northerly over, winter over:santa-emoji:

Absolutely.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Year over, easterly over, cold spell over, northerly over, winter over:santa-emoji:

Yup, roll on summer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Much more likely than a freezing cold outbreak with deep snow! Just seems impossible to manage since March 2013 

"But it's only January 1st tomorrow" I hear some people say.... blah blah blah 

They've been saying that since November 2013 and we are all still waiting.... lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Totally agree with you just 2 days ago the model thread was going absolutely nuts about full on snow and too their word the snow charts did show that, here we are two days later all but diminished. Also at least have seen more frost than last 3 years, but surly not 4 years without snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, slater said:

Totally agree with you just 2 days ago the model thread was going absolutely nuts about full on snow and too their word the snow charts did show that, here we are two days later all but diminished. Also at least have seen more frost than last 3 years, but surly not 4 years without snow!

Raining here too. Our only hope is the OPI which suggests some late winter snow fall

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 hours ago, slater said:

Happens at least once or twice every Winter of course, if you were to watch every run out to T300+ just about every combination of weather can turn up in la la land. Of course on this occasion GFS was very wrong around T120/T144, ECM was not much better...10/10 UKMO.

Bit of interest for some late tomorrow afternoon/evening maybe, can anyone suggest a good hill I can go for a drive in the hope of seeing a flake on new years day?

Maybe

Biggin hill?

or

Shooters Hill?

or

Wrotham Hill?

:)

arpege-1-26-0.png

aromehd-1-31-0.png

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

If it wasn't for the reliable OFI, I would throw in the towel now, but because the fog was at the back end of October, I still think we will have late snow fall this winter:p I don't do New Year because there will be nothing new about it:p just a date change.:p The nuclear fall out from the 3rd World War courtesy of Donald Trump, should guarantee us a cold winter next year and anything that falls out of the sky will be snow(ish) ash coloured of course, but at least the sun won't be visible to melt it. So happy new year to all five people who use this thread and get bunker building.:good::drunk-emoji:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Perhaps those of you that are suffering with extreme snow-sickness could pop yourselves on a flight to Greece next week? Looks really good for deep snow and cold! 

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Perhaps those of you that are suffering with extreme snow-sickness could pop yourselves on a flight to Greece next week? Looks really good for deep snow and cold! 

To hell with Greece. :cray:

nothing beats a bit of snow in your backyard, I genuinely had a strong belief we would have seen some flakes before the new year, we end the year on the milder note too sums it up doesn't it.

@snowray simply don't bother.

Happy New Year, not been the greatest of years for me, let's hope 2017 brings good health and all the rest of it to us all. :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Happy new year everyone. I hope everyone has a great 2017. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Changing Skies said:

To hell with Greece. :cray:

nothing beats a bit of snow in your backyard, I genuinely had a strong belief we would have seen some flakes before the new year, we end the year on the milder note too sums it up doesn't it.

@snowray simply don't bother.

Happy New Year, not been the greatest of years for me, let's hope 2017 brings good health and all the rest of it to us all. :) 

Hoping you have a better year there CK.:) Happy New Year to all....

You said it, defo cant beat  a bit of the old white stuff in your own back yard!

OOOOOHHHHHH.....Look what I just found!!!:yahoo:

arpege-1-25-0.png

arpege-1-25-0.png

arpege-1-27-0.png

• Like 1

Posted

That is a couple of hours of HEAVY SNOW tomorrow evening!!!!:D:ball-santa-emoji::drunk::drinks:;)

Morning and a very happy new year!  We all fell asleep!!!!  Lol I even bought fireworks!! So going do them tonight 

Re cold and models don't forget that February statistically is our snowiest month with January the coldest. 

Now I'm not saying we got blizzards coming etc etc but we still got around 60 days of winter! In weather terms anything could happen. 

Today/tonight there is a good chance some of us will see some flakes in the rain mixed in. The best chance of course is anyone with some elevation. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Most Wintery met office update I've seen in about 2 years for our region over the next few days 

Today:

Dry but cloudy start before sometimes heavy rain spreads southeastwards. Later the rain may turn to sleet or wet snow across the Chiltern Hills. Highest temperatures along the south coast, but generally feeling colder. Maximum Temperature 10 °C.

Tonight:

Rain, sleet or wet snow over the highest ground, slowly moves away southwards. Mainly dry and clear conditions follow, but with isolated wintry showers. Risk of ice on untreated surfaces. Minimum Temperature 0 °C.

Monday:

Most places will have a dry day with long spells of sunshine, although some patches of cloud will drift around at times. Feeling cold, despite the wind easing. Maximum Temperature 4 °C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Tuesday and Thursday widespread early frost, then mainly dry with long sunny spells, perhaps isolated wintry showers on Tuesday. Wednesday dry, cloudier and milder initially then becoming colder and brighter.

Posted

Happy New to all. Exactly a year ago today mild mess on charts. Thankfully slightly better a year later. MO does say possible wintery showers for BH Monday here in East Norfolk ill watch with interest.

However been very disappointed with the MO 7 day  forecast in the last week. Just a couple of days ago they were saying temps for my area for end for next Thursday Friday at 3c now showing 8c that's a big difference. I know the charts have changed yet again for the worse but normally the MO is quite good spoting this. 

Whats others people thoughts on this? Also none of my weather apps show snow or  any cold temps for next 15 days weather channel AccuWeather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

image.jpgHappy New Year All!! 

Lets hope the new year brings us a chance of at least a bit of snow so my two boys don't think it's an old wives tale. 

Keeeeep Dancing. 

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Happy New Year All :drunk-emoji:

.....Hair of the dog yet? Bring on the Rain with a touch of Wintry mix for good measure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

HNY all...A grotty, cloudy, misty, rainy yuckness here, today...7C!

• Like 1