Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

I'm always popping back around now, as now I'm on snow watch.... Fingers crossed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Shower just passed through certainly had a wintry flavour to it. Sleet, hail, rain and the very occasional wet flake made it down. Is this a boom moment ? :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It was frosty late last night, cars all frozen. Woke to slushy/sleety deposits on the car windscreens but just heavy rain since about 8am. Finally clearing through a bit but looking at the sky, lots more to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning all.

looks to be some ???? Over Sunday night / Monday ? Some snow at elevation but details are giving forecasters a bit of a headache  for this part of the world.

one to watch.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, fromey said:

Morning all.

looks to be some ???? Over Sunday night / Monday ? Some snow at elevation but details are giving forecasters a bit of a headache  for this part of the world.

one to watch.

fromey

:rofl::nonono:

Not a chance on my nelly...

Cant see it happening.

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

:rofl::nonono:

Not a chance on my nelly...

Cant see it happening.

That info has come from Ian F in the model thread, just repeating what he has said!

although as you say I can't see it happening near me but would have thought you might see some

fromey

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, fromey said:

That info has come from Ian F in the model thread, just repeating what he has said!

although as you say I can't see it happening near me but would have thought you might see some

fromey

Ive lost faith in my little hill after past 3 winters :sorry:

I thought he was referring to further west of here really. If it has a chance to fall as rain or sleet it will do and that's what id bet on.

Posted

Perhaps I should have worded it differently, just covering all in this thread.

Ian has edited his response MOGREPS doesn't seem to be going for it but the jury is out!

Have faith in the hill!

Fromey:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just for a change... It's raining! A lovely 3C too.

Posted

It

6 minutes ago, fromey said:

Perhaps I should have worded it differently, just covering all in this thread.

Ian has edited his response MOGREPS doesn't seem to be going for it but the jury is out!

Have faith in the hill!

Fromey:)

Would have expected their own model to pick up on it at that range? Unlikely then but would be a first in like 5 years if we had a marginal even turn in our favour for a change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Taken from the MOD thread.....ok, all as one, no exceptions or excuses accepted, KEEP FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

'Given that we have TMin ENS spread by morning of Dec 2nd ranging from +10C to -11C in the op (!!) & +10 to -6C in the new cycle, I think we can reasonably emphasise the uncertainty....!  Indeed even early next week, there's a raft of issues to resolve including threat (yet tbc) of significant snow in the W Country and Wales >ca 200m. 

NB A more coherent drop in T850 now signalled in the new cycle by end of next week... much less pronounced in the operational'

Edited 1 hour ago by fergieweather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, jethro said:

Taken from the MOD thread.....ok, all as one, no exceptions or excuses accepted, KEEP FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

'Given that we have TMin ENS spread by morning of Dec 2nd ranging from +10C to -11C in the op (!!) & +10 to -6C in the new cycle, I think we can reasonably emphasise the uncertainty....!  Indeed even early next week, there's a raft of issues to resolve including threat (yet tbc) of significant snow in the W Country and Wales >ca 200m. 

NB A more coherent drop in T850 now signalled in the new cycle by end of next week... much less pronounced in the operational'

Edited 1 hour ago by fergieweather

Yeah saw that and nearly choked on my coffee. Would have thought anyone with elevation is going to be happy, and maybe just maybe lower levels too.

This Autumn/Winter is already better than the last couple, and we have only just started.

Maybe this year could be the year were we get a stalling front bringing loads of snow, it's certainly been a very long time since that's last happed, 81-82 maybe?

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Pa, not in the purbeck snow repelled zone, not a chance in hell of it snowing here! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Have to say I'm rather looking forward to winter. White Christmas a better possibility.going to enjoy the banter guys, take care all and enjoy!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello, my friends. :hi:

As posted over on the SE regional thread, I don't think we'll see much action within this region here, but you never know, still worth a heads up!

"Angus incoming then. 

Might be a tad windier than my latest video clip on naturestimeline suggests, I'd say."

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Showery today, although only 0.8mm has fallen. 

Temp: 7.6°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 6.4°C - Bar: 1001.93hPa - Wind: SSW ~ WSW @ 2mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi everyone, just had some hail here amongst the heavy rain. 

Posted

Some heavy rain has just started here after a dry morning with a little drizzle around noon.
Got down to 3.2c at 5:29am
Now, 7.4°C, WNW 7-12 mph wind, 85%, 1002.4 hPa

We had a rainbow at  10:58am today.

2016-11-19 10.58.21 (600 x 450).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Hello, my friends. :hi:

As posted over on the SE regional thread, I don't think we'll see much action within this region here, but you never know, still worth a heads up!

"Angus incoming then. 

Might be a tad windier than my latest video clip on naturestimeline suggests, I'd say."

I also very much doubt it just looking at the dew points. I will  certainly be windier further east along the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
1 minute ago, knocker said:

I also very much doubt it just looking at the dew points. I will  certainly be windier further east along the coast.

Dew points? I know I'm rather snow obsessed as a great many of us are, but I didn't mention the word. At least for once I didn't, I hear you cry, Knocker. :D

Posted
8 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Dew points? I know I'm rather snow obsessed as a great many of us are, but I didn't mention the word. At least for once I didn't, I hear you cry, Knocker. :D

Well my excuse is I was having to guess what you meant by action so I covered the bases. :)

sfcgustmax_d02_19.pngsfcgustmax_d02_24.png

And the warm moist air coming in aloft

2016111912.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, knocker said:

Signs already of the system moving in from the west with Cs pretty rapidly becoming As with Cu and St. Should show up quite clearly on the midday sounding.

Very disturbed frontal cloud spreading in this afternoon, all cloud types as listed by Knocker and also a few rows of rare Kelvin Helmholtz cloud displaying the differing wind directions. Also quite rare to have frontal cloud encroaching while remaining instability with CBs and sharp showers are ongoing.

• Like 2