Sign in to follow this  
A.J

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

55 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've been cleaning up leaves each day, so that they don't build up. There wasn't a leaf to be seen yesterday, but after this morning's frost, they're falling in showers.

20161130_121819_HDR.jpg  20161130_121955_HDR.jpg

The cat is enjoying the low sun though!

20161130_122116_HDR.jpg

Oh well, you can work up some warmth brushing them all up, and chasing the cat around..

59 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh well, you can work up some warmth brushing them all up, and chasing the cat around..

I'll hang on one more day, as it looks like another cold one tonight, so more leaves will fall, and it'll be dry tomorrow. :)

2016-11-30 (1).png 2016-11-30 (2).png

Another cracking day with the temp reaching 10C. I notice the Tg   at Benson was -13C at 06z this morning.

Edited by knocker

Maxed out here at 4.7C at exactly 2:00pm. My lowest last night was -6.4C but a cracking old fashioned style winter day has followed, one that has been missing all too much in recent years. Looks like plenty more to come in the coming weeks.

Got down to -2.2°C last night making it the coldest night so far. Almost a carbon copy of yesterday today clear skies from the word go and feeling cold. High today 8.4°, currently 7.9°C. 

Got down to -5.4C last night/early morning. The frost hasn't lifted all day and the garden looks white :-) 

Currently 2.2oC

Frost hasn't lifted here either. Two very sharp frosts now sitting on the garden, if I squint a bit it looks like a dusting of snow :-)

I wish it was like this for the next fortnight, leading up to something wintry..

2016-11-30 (4).png

Great picture above,thats the way forward,another cracking day for outdoor work,seems like more to come,busy on Autumn duties,leaf clearing,cutting back ect,also 3 ton of shingle laid which saw the body warmer discarded again.Only downside is the cold weather has put the big female pike off the feed in the rivers,however,after a cold spell,a change to SW winds does the trick.....now then snow or pike fishing,tricky one this.

Temperature dropped very quickly once the sun set. Currently 1.8°C.

well Netweather says low of 1c tonight but it is currently -3.1c :laugh:

Already gone below freezing and still dropping fairly quickly. -0.6°C.

-4.2C here in Kilmersdon Village currently. An average daily temperature below zero is not to be sniffed at in November.

-2.1°C here. Everything is frosty (the lawn never defrosted) - with 95% humidity, it's extra frosty.

7 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'll hang on one more day, as it looks like another cold one tonight, so more leaves will fall, and it'll be dry tomorrow. :)

2016-11-30 (1).png 2016-11-30 (2).png

We`ve got the problem that its so cold all our leaves we swept up into piles have frozen into solid lumps!

Coldest day of the year here, beating the averages of 19th and 20th January. Impressive stuff and a brilliant end to quite an enjoyable November. -02.8C out there now, it's going to be another frigid one!

Well it is a tad nippy outside at -5.1c although be interesting to see if we can match last nights. village lanes look almost snow covered with the addition of tonights frost! Even with it warming up near future at least we have had an early cool down of ground temperatures across region for early winter which improves our odds if a decent pattern emerges. :friends:

Edited by Nights King

Dropped to -2.9°C not long ago so it's the coldest night so far here for the third consecutive night.