Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

What's happening with this thunder risk then? Have a good 12 hours of thunder symbols from tomorrow evening and through till Friday morning.

Whats the probability of thunderstorms/showers??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
48 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I'm exhausted by this winter already and it hasn't even started yet.. :fool:  but I fear it will drift into a normal wet mild one myself after all the promise.

I expect interest in models.... weather models that is will wain a lot earlier this year. Definitely a year for the most committed of winter keyboard warriors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
25 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

What's happening with this thunder risk then? Have a good 12 hours of thunder symbols from tomorrow evening and through till Friday morning.

Nothing forecast for here tomorrow, just 40mph gusts of wind.

viewimage.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down
1 hour ago, dec10snow said:

I think there is a strong chance of thunder in some of the showers tomorrow, especially areas adjacent to the Bristol Channel and perhaps across the Mendip plateau as the air aloft is cold and deeply unstable. Not unusual for a showery Westerly in Autumn/Winter when sea temperatures are still high promoting deep convection. It is unlikely to be a widespread feature though.

• Like 4

Posted

Great to see you Gibby, I agree re tomorrow and it could be particularly wild when the trough passes through early pm.

I seriously fear for some people's sanity when we have such wintry potential at close quarters and long term yet there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. God forbid if things were like 12 months ago!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just dropped below 10°C for the first time in a few days. Had a bit of light rain not long ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite looking forward to the trough coming through; it'll be a nice change to get some lively weather even if short-lived. Hail and thunder would be a bonus.

So far, early heavy showers moved through and now sunny intervals and breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had a fair bit of rain over the last 24hrs - near 20mm.

Sunday is looking very wet, would be interesting to hear Ian F's view on things........ for our locale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Looking like snow on Dartmoor tomorrow. I'm guessing above 350 metres would be the snow line. Not sure if much will lay but the usual suspects (Princetown/Postbridge/Warren House) should see the white stuff falling as well as hail sleet and rain! For my location a bit further down the hill looking at rain with  some sleet and wet snow an extreme outside bet.  Similar to last year as I seem to remember driving my new born daughter over the high moor a year ago and encountering some snow. Great Mis Tor is looking particularly snowy in the met office forecasts.

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really dark out there now and the wind noticeably more gusty than earlier. The squall line is not far away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Getting ready to take the old dog for a walk but crikey it's blowy out there! We're both a bit unsteady on our pins so could be a very slow walk.

Gusts up to 30mph. All the leaves are finally coming down - well, whooshing across the road and plastering themselves against my windows,

Posted
1 hour ago, SteveB said:

Had a fair bit of rain over the last 24hrs - near 20mm.

Sunday is looking very wet, would be interesting to hear Ian F's view on things........ for our locale

0.5mm for me on the sarf coast earlier this morning and that's been it..

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

0.5mm for me on the sarf coast earlier this morning and that's been it..

More rain as the squall passed through, looks like a decent break now, so hopefully not much more today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Heavy rain stopped here In Peasedown St John. 3.6mm Down pour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a positively vile day! Wet, cold and windy. I know it's average autumn fair but I've enjoyed the drier than average one so far, hoping for more dry weather to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

All quiet here, now. Hope we get a decent dry, cold snap so I can get rid of some of these leaves!

94MPH and a possible tornado in Aberystwyth: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/17/extreme-winds-mid-wales-aberystwyth-properties-damaged-reports-tornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I decided to jet wash the garden, perfect day for it! Just 2.2mm from a few showers - top temp was 13.3°C and top gust was 39mph.

Temp: 9.4°C - Hum: 88% - Dew: 7.5°C - Bar: 997.19hPa - Wind:  WSW ~ W @ 8mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 hours ago, festivalking said:

Looking like snow on Dartmoor tomorrow. I'm guessing above 350 metres would be the snow line. Not sure if much will lay but the usual suspects (Princetown/Postbridge/Warren House) should see the white stuff falling as well as hail sleet and rain! For my location a bit further down the hill looking at rain with  some sleet and wet snow an extreme outside bet.  Similar to last year as I seem to remember driving my new born daughter over the high moor a year ago and encountering some snow. Great Mis Tor is looking particularly snowy in the met office forecasts.

My met office app gives me sleet all day tomorrow so could be interesting... :search: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A few heavy showers this afternoon giving a total of 3.2mm and felt quite a bit colder despite the temperature being similar to yesterday. High temperature was 13.0°C, currently 9.2°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Single lightning flash seen  and one very loud rumble of thunder heard about 5 minutes ago 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Single lightning flash seen  and one very loud rumble of thunder heard about 5 minutes ago 

Very impressive, shook the windows, totally out of the blue that one. Best thunder I've heard for a long long time