Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Well been and measured an inch of snow on the garden bench/table, but its all starting to melt quickly now temps rise! Will have to take a drive and see if I can get some pictures before it all melts 🙂

We missed out on being the sweet spot zone...this to our east by about 50-100 miles. Which high res model performed best?

Sleet and snow showers moving into Wales after midnight from the West

10 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Where you seen this?

16 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

would we be talking about the pembs dangler here lol

More a West to East movement with further showers Saturday according to met.

Just made it up the Bwlch in my little ds3, our landscape is so beautiful in the snow! Was incredibly windy up there though. 

20190201_122121.thumb.jpg.518ab3731350772df989348833aa38d4.jpg

11 minutes ago, foggybrynna said:

Anymore cold weather on the charts coming 

further snow showers dotted around wales the next couple of days - possible mini front with some wintry precip turning back to rain i think sunday - milder early next week - one or two models showing cold again thursday onwards next week

I bet theres quite a lot drifting on the hills from the fresh snowfall.

Wind turned more north and to my surprise Wednesday snow or Tuesday snow was drifting more just in one part of our field perfect end the day.

Max 1.3c

Edited by Snowyowl9

Still some snow about surprisingly, thought it would have all melted, happy days!

So my new weather station arrived today, all set up and outside nicely and everything's working, all connected up to the laptop too. However kept the old thermometer from the last weather station out there (that's all that works from my last one) and they are giving quite different readings! The old thermometer (on a fence, facing north under some trees) is reading 3.6C whilst the new one (places on the shed, near the fence and under a tree, quite well sheltered) is reading 2.9C - very interesting to see the two differ, is the new one likely to be more accurate? 

My obsesson with snow drifting hasn`t decreased with age infact its increased,amazing how it starts off in a field in a certain place after nearly 3 days.

Started drifting in a couple of new places since 3.30pm.

Wind strongest its been upto fresh.☺️

weird sky tonight,so looks like it’s going to snow!

2EE30691-2A9E-43DA-BDC3-13F82494DF29.jpeg

40 minutes ago, hmarkd1974 said:

wouldn’t even think it snowed last night as most of it gone today 😞

Same here I suppose that's the pointless thing about having a small amount of snow without it being topped up or really cold weather following it.

Metoffice has us down for yellow snow warning tonight in the west. Lol. We shall see 🙄

Edited by dyl232

I really do wish them folks inthe madmod would get a grip.  We haven’t been cheated, thwarted, robbed, whatever, by the weather, weather IS.  Even the moderate snowfall here, mixef  with the cold temperatures is serious issue for hill dwellers.  Thems that want snowmaggedon not really thinking straight, not accounting for those that can’t be reached, sheep that can’t be fed or saved, March 2013 was horrific for our local farmers. Sigh.  Rant over.  Nos da.

For those with no snow :  

I'm really feeling the post snow blues tonight.  There was a tidy coverage at 9am, but it thawed so quickly and every drip I heard made me feel so sad. It was like the snow itself was crying to leave us. 🤣

There's plenty of time left this year for round 2. Hopefully this was just a practise run and the next batch will stick around longer. 🤞

Everytime it started to cover the garden my daft dog went out and wiped it all away with his nose. 

Though I had a slightly better coverage out the street. 

IMG_20190131_204030.jpg

IMG_20190131_231908.jpg

IMG_20190201_103712.jpg

Another month of winter to go. Who knows what the next few weeks will bring us...even well into late March, early April, surprises could be sprung - before a lovely warm spring leads us into another BBQ hot summer.