Jump to content
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Could cause a shock and give us more snow.

Could be a shock and give some snow here just flakes Amber warning my a#$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this low pressure is pivoting , again, looks like it's weakening but again, moisture this time from the English channel looks like it wants to feed it another time.. as it starts a new venture .. this low is one thirsty spinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

this low pressure is pivoting , again, looks like it's weakening but again, moisture this time from the English channel looks like it wants to feed it another time.. as it starts a new venture .. this low is one thirsty spinner.

To me it looks like its creeping back west ever so slightly, weakening however but the sea trying to keep some moisture going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't want to be driving on the heads tonight! Tredegar's cam has poor visibility at the moment so here's the ones next door..... Rhymney and Ebbw Vale

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👍yeh...better late than never, heavy sleet Magor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travelling back from Morriston earlier today around 5pm. Some light snow there with no covering, steadily got heavier on the way back with lying snow on higher areas. Driving up to our estate, all surfaces covered.

Further moderate to heavy snow until about 7. Probably 2-5cm depending on surface.With light patchy snow since then, don't think it is really adding anything to the lying snow atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's coming fairly thick here with a decent covering. It looks like the rest of the night will see continuous moderate snow rather than anything overly heavy, which I think most of us will be happy with. The Met Office's hourly forecast for my closest location, updated at 21:00 (which, bear in mind, has limited human input) now shows this:

1480158643_Screenshot2019-01-31at21_24_07.thumb.png.e83aec7c67e4b55aab96c5d6162b0b2d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frozone said:

Shnizzle!  Just about sums it up lol! 🤣

Much more snow up here.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it could only reach the north😟 enjoy you’r snow down there guys!!😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

no stopping it on sir tom jones' mountain - special ya see lol

But we don't want the green green grass of home tonight. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

To me it looks like its creeping back west ever so slightly, weakening however but the sea trying to keep some moisture going

Definetly pepped up and backed a bit further west we have around 2-4cm :-) 20190131_211803.thumb.jpg.92aa125f672eeb6ecc7a99ad0181a309.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I take back what I said earlier....an hour or so of moderate snowfall has given a couple of cm's and still snowing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally coming down heavy and starting to give a covering. Can't really get a decent photo of it though... Given how late it's got going I think it's only right it hangs round for a bit too! IMG_20190131_212910.thumb.jpg.ba56d177102496b38fde805fe8e2722d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

It's coming fairly thick here with a decent covering. It looks like the rest of the night will see continuous moderate snow rather than anything overly heavy, which I think most of us will be happy with. The Met Office's hourly forecast for my closest location, updated at 21:00 (which, bear in mind, has limited human input) now shows this:

1480158643_Screenshot2019-01-31at21_24_07.thumb.png.e83aec7c67e4b55aab96c5d6162b0b2d.png

To be fair, IMBY the met app hasn't been far off today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The met office for Port Talbot says nothing, BBC pretty much has light snow until 5am. Plus the radar still has a huge patch of snow over us. I'm a little confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see theres less whinging in here tonight 😂😂  We might have missed the start but we going to have a good ending to the snow story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last it's snowing and settling on the paths grass and cars roads still a bit wet but it's getting much heavier .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Well, I love snow, but prefer to look at it from my centrally heated house from the bedroom window. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I see theres less whinging in here tonight 😂😂  We might have missed the start but we going to have a good ending to the snow story.

Well, some of us never lost faith 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

I see theres less whinging in here tonight 😂😂  We might have missed the start but we going to have a good ending to the snow story.

It certainly made up for it in the end! been moderately snowing here for the past few hours with plenty more to come according to the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...