Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

5 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

@Jayfromcardiff  am I right thinking that there's a low pressure trying to push northeastwards (from tiverton) with the fronts on it, but is also a sub low of the one SW of Cornwall ? The 3 fronts , ~ one NE Cardiff gaining strength slowly,  ~ another one pushing towards Bristol, and a final one pushing from the South Coast. Is that sub low actually stalling over the Bristol channel sucking up moisture? ?

You may be right, fingers crossed.

no stopping it on sir tom jones' mountain - special ya see lol

Just started snowing lightly again,hoping it will get heavier this time! 

1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

No i said before people started moaning later was better it always was . Moan when its over not half way through it.

Amen. Precipitation is intensifying now.

6 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

@Jayfromcardiff  am I right thinking that there's a low pressure trying to push northeastwards (from tiverton) with the fronts on it, but is also a sub low of the one SW of Cornwall ? The 3 fronts , ~ one NE Cardiff gaining strength slowly,  ~ another one pushing towards Bristol, and a final one pushing from the South Coast. Is that sub low actually stalling over the Bristol channel sucking up moisture? ?

Agreed the circulation is picking up moisture and driving them North interesting radar watching ahead.

The problem is people believed the TV hype when they said 10-20 cm's , that was never going to happen. I said if i have 2-5 cm's i'd be happy and i was in a lucky/good spot.

1 minute ago, keithlucky said:

Agreed the circulation is picking up moisture and driving them North interesting radar watching ahead.

4 hours of good snow watching 😁

Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I would suggest no one to check any models and just watch the radar and lampost lol.

No look at the good models like Euro4 . 

Settling here too, thin covering of snow everywhere

1 minute ago, LJ1224 said:

This is all I have 😂 someone send more? 

20190131_201337.jpg

Put it all together and build a small snowman 😂

A few glasses of wine whilst snow watching, there's nothing like it. Good thing I work from home. Snow is heavier here now, precip is pepping up.

Steadily falling and covering cars, the front yard and fields on the farm. It’s a window watch event now as the slower than expected frontal movement frayed some nerves. 

Really heavy now in Cardiff, roads where it would not settle are now completely white after just a few minutes

Settled in Cathays now.

snow coming down nicely. Lovely bit of yellow precip about to cross the channel heading for SE Wales.

ironically after looking marginal at first, the southern correction may end up with some areas of Cardiff getting the highest totals here.

Edited by bradythemole

Tumping it down now.

208253122_Screenshot2019-01-31at20_20_34.thumb.png.c2f5dc745f404a3ddfddb8fd9a2df43c.png