Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


A.J
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
    2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

    patience grass hopper lol

    Blizzard really kicks off from about 10 pm as the cold front reaches S Wales.

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
    1 minute ago, Jennifer Davies said:

    what is the main event please does it mean heavier snow flakes , thanks for any reply's. 

    As above

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL

    Starts sticking on the road here then a massive gust of wind just takes it to Ireland lol, I've never seen snow not settling on car roofs it's bizarre as hell

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bassaleg, west of Newport- 35M ASL
  • Location: Bassaleg, west of Newport- 35M ASL

    Could we be any more Welsh/ British? Desperate for snow of any kind, then when we get a storm, it's not the right kind of snow. :D Fingers crossed the flakes get bigger later, but if not, I'm sure the intensity will make up for it! Plenty more opportunities through Sunday too!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Crymych, Pembrokeshire. 150m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
  • Location: Crymych, Pembrokeshire. 150m asl

    Well, we had a few flakes blowing in the wind for most of the afternoon - I thought it was just Andy's leftovers TBH - but suddenly it's turned into a heavy fall of fine snow crystals which are travelling horizontally in the wind.  It's blowing straight off flat surfaces like the roof, but collecting in all the recesses where you just know drifts could form if the snow was heavier, for longer.  Funny thing is, this snow is not even registering on the radar yet - it must be even heavier stuff that's shown as approaching from the south over Swansea!!  If the heavier stuff can reach us then I believe it will be game on for an exciting night of snow fall and - who knows what we'll find in the morning??   :yahoo:

    Looking at the radar and what's still to come, I think even the 'dry circle' might get pasted.

    Perhaps we can avoid a civil war with our friends in the east, after all. :friends:

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl

    well I went to see Dai the Grit and got me salt - no questions asked lol - but in the mean time the HUSKY Gracie made a run for it and ran like lightning through the fields up here - so I took the lead with me hoping to get her back after doing my black market deal with Dai The Grit. So I'm approaching the gate to get back home and two dog walkers think they've seen the husky running around in the field next to our bungalow - so they stress me out and try to get me motivated to move my ass to get her back on the lead - well the heavy bucket of Grit from Dai (ssssssssssh) I tried to put on top of this snow drift - but I moved just a little too quickly - cause you should all have been there with your video cameras and cleaned up to the tune of £250 from "You've been Framed" cause I slipped in the snow and went down like a sack of s**t - right into a soft snow drift luckily - but it was a bit of a shock to be 6ft 1 for one miniute and down at ground level the next lol - but I picked myself up via the garden lamp my dad gave me - bless his soul and carried on - the dog is back home now - probably because she got hungry lol and Liza is now cooking some delicious Lamb - but before I can rest I gotta dig the snow off our front path and throw some grit down (that I got from the black market via Dai The Grit)

    Edited by andymusic
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Llanharan, South Wales
  • Location: Llanharan, South Wales

    The precipiation on that first pulse seems to die down as soon as it hits land after Bristol channel. Its weird. Very light snow but nothing more

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL

    Deeper here drifting.....dread to think what it will be like in the morning.....

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Swansea 450ft asl
  • Location: Swansea 450ft asl

    So one hour into the death zone .

    Hmmm .

    Hardly a death zone here in Swansea but so far I’d say us westerners have taken a surprise early lead .

    Its like 3 minutes into the game and the non league side has taken the lead against premiership opposition .

    Could there be a shock on the cards ?

     

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL
    2 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

    So one hour into the death zone .

    Hmmm .

    Hardly a death zone here in Swansea but so far I’d say us westerners have taken a surprise early lead .

    Its like 3 minutes into the game and the non league side has taken the lead against premiership opposition .

    Could there be a shock on the cards ?

     

    One hour on and its still snowing, big flakes, need them bigger though.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Glyn Ceiriog. 197m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
  • Location: Glyn Ceiriog. 197m ASL

    Last hour here has been swirling snow and howling wind, difficult to tell what is fresh snow and what wind driven but would hate to be out driving in this. And this is only in yellow warning snow area.  Hope all you in amber and red keep safe!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Swansea 450ft asl
  • Location: Swansea 450ft asl
    1 minute ago, Marcus_surfer said:

    One hour on and its still snowing, big flakes, need them bigger though.

    At this rate it would take a few weeks to get a few inches .

    Very early days but the death zone warning looks just a tad OTT at the moment ...

    ” take action “ ? 

    At the moment that action is put the kettle on nothing to see just yet .

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Magor - South Wales
  • Location: Magor - South Wales
    11 minutes ago, andymusic said:

    well I went to see Dai the Grit and got me salt - no questions asked lol - but in the mean time the HUSKY Gracie made a run for it and ran like lightning through the fields up here - so I took the lead with me hoping to get her back after doing my black market deal with Dai The Grit. So I'm approaching the gate to get back home and two dog walkers think they've seen the husky running around in the field next to our bungalow - so they stress me out and try to get me motivated to move my ass to get her back on the lead - well the heavy bucket of Grit from Dai (ssssssssssh) I tried to put on top of this snow drift - but I moved just a little too quickly - cause you should all have been there with your video cameras and cleaned up to the tune of £250 from "You've been Framed" cause I slipped in the snow and went down like a sack of s**t - right into a soft snow drift luckily - but it was a bit of a shock to be 6ft 1 for one miniute and down at ground level the next lol - but I picked myself up via the garden lamp my dad gave me - bless his soul and carried on - the dog is back home now - probably because she got hungry lol and Liza is now cooking some delicious Lamb - but before I can rest I gotta dig the snow off our front path and throw some grit down (that I got from the black market via Dai The Grit)

    WELL,,,,,, theirs no business like SNOW business and snow business I know...... lol

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Caerdydd/Cardiff 10m asl :(
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
  • Location: Caerdydd/Cardiff 10m asl :(

    Fine light snow in west Cardiff for the last hour but starting to pick up a bit now - bigger flakes. more of them and blowing around in the wind. This is the beginning of the event for us I think :cold:

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Carmarthenshire
  • Location: Carmarthenshire

    Still snizzling here.

    It's fascinating watching the dry snow being swirled around by the wind and leaving circles or semi-circles of slightly thicker snow on my driveway. :)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales 30m a.s.l.
  • Location: Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales 30m a.s.l.

    Heavy snow in Tenby. Really blowing in the strengthening wind...

    What’s the technical definition of a blizzard? Reckon we can’t be far off.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Crymych, Pembrokeshire. 150m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
  • Location: Crymych, Pembrokeshire. 150m asl

    It's showing -3.3c on the outside and the snow is coming in horizontally.  I can see the birds still eating all the seeds and mealworms we put out earlier but they don't look happy.  Hope they can find some shelter later on.  We keep breaking the ice on the water bowls but it must be almost impossible for small birds and animals to find food and stay alive in these conditions. Even the sheep are huddled together under a tree looking very forlorn, but at least they've got woolly coats better than my duvet!  Wondering how long this snow wil carry on for, now.  If it goes on all night I'll not be going anywhere tomorrow.....

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: porth (Welsh valleys)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
  • Location: porth (Welsh valleys)
    3 minutes ago, BendertheRobot said:

    What time does the Met Office app state heavy snow for Porth?

     

    Between 15:00 and 17:00 ...to me it seems the heaviest precip is further west.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL
    1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

    It's showing -3.3c on the outside and the snow is coming in horizontally.  I can see the birds still eating all the seeds and mealworms we put out earlier but they don't look happy.  Hope they can find some shelter later on.  We keep breaking the ice on the water bowls but it must be almost impossible for small birds and animals to find food and stay alive in these conditions. Even the sheep are huddled together under a tree looking very forlorn, but at least they've got woolly coats better than my duvet!  Wondering how long this snow wil carry on for, now.  If it goes on all night I'll not be going anywhere tomorrow.....

    We feed the birds every day i feel sorry for all the animals and birds out in this...

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Carmarthenshire
  • Location: Carmarthenshire
    7 minutes ago, bartlett high said:

    Snizzle dying out now  Red warning my weeble!!

    The main precipitation isn't due for a few hours yet, these bouts of snizzle are but tiny tasters of what some people will eventually get.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
     Share

    • Mixed bag this weekend, some sun and some rain

      Dry with sunny spells for many on Saturday, though a band of showery rain for parts of the north and west. Heavy rain moving into eastern areas on Sunday, turning brighter in the west. Fine first half of next week, unsettled second half. Read the full update here

      Netweather forecasts
      Netweather forecasts
      Latest weather updates from Netweather

      Hints of autumn. Warm sunshine for the weekend but also rain from the west

      Hints of autumn are making themselves known, fog and a coolness in the morning. Leaves beginning, slowly, to turn. But there is still warm sunshine for the weekend but also rain from the west. Read the full update here

      Netweather forecasts
      Netweather forecasts
      Latest weather updates from Netweather

      What is CoP26?

      CoP26 is the UN Climate Change Conference, this is the 26th Conference of Parties, in Glasgow. The Parties are issuing important NDCs, Nationally Determined Contributions, their climate plans. Read more here

      Jo Farrow
      Jo Farrow
      Latest weather updates from Netweather
    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...