Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Sue's (beeb wales lol and she's normally a mild ramper) on board - rain/sleet/snow tomoz - snow tuesday

Edited by andymusic
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 9.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
    1 hour ago, andymusic said:

Sue's (beeb wales lol and she's normally a mild ramper) on board - rain/sleet/snow tomoz - snow tuesday

All I'm seeing now Andy from different sources is not much ppn around and latest it's gone by end of next week. Admittedly a week of cold might give something but constantly being told it's nothing major - apart from very cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It will rain here for sure!

Posted

Model thread is like a primary school playground today, or is it the south east England regional thread? I can never tell these days!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

Looking at the models and below that, under the computer desk, I can easily see a couple of feet this weekend.

Posted

Model thread ( BULLYS ) I call them ' it's all English in there and they dictate all the time ' Nothing said about the Regional threads ' No wonder they bully each other with digs and pouts ' Love to see them all meet up and get in a room and discuss ' sheeek !! be hell of a fight ' anyway i am banned from posting in there as my bad language was bad ' i only said Frack and Fruck ... also sent a PM to Paul to remove my ban . he read it and never replied ' so all in all ' this Netweather is only for the Bias ' English ...Londoners ' Midlands and Not us .. who gives a frack ' Snaw will fall here in WALES and fingers crossed we get a huge ammount ' England gets Frack all , i do hope our friends though in the South West thread gets lots ' cracking peeps in there .

• Like 4
    Posted

Not even included in the weather warnings issued lol says it all. Glad I don't get too excited anymore as near enough everytime it's a let down.

So yet again it looks like a few coldish days followed by average temperatures.

• Like 2
    Posted
    18 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not even included in the weather warnings issued lol says it all. Glad I don't get too excited anymore as near enough everytime it's a let down.

nothing needing warning about just yet - wait till we get closer to Tuesday - but even then we could get snow but nothing to fret about, but looking snowy anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Another average cold snap on the cards nothing to get excited about so don't get your hopes up thinking we r going to get burried in snow

Posted
    1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

seen the warning now - sorry Jay - meto going for North Wales for now - may well spread out further closer to the time then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Hi guys what do you make of the metoffice update cold to very cold in Feb short mild spells are they still seeing potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
    1 hour ago, dragon falls said:

Hi guys what do you make of the metoffice update cold to very cold in Feb short mild spells are they still seeing potential.

I don't make anything of it, no doubt it will change within the next few days. It's difficult enough to get right 2 days out let alone 2 weeks

Edited by freeze for all
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Just had a dusting from a heavy fine snow shower. Not much on radar atm but it's start lol

• Like 1
    Posted

told you the meto warnings would update

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Powys, Wrexham, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Neath Port Talbot, Isle of Anglesey, Swansea, Pembrokeshire, Flintshire & Bridgend valid from 0500 Tue 06 Feb to 0900 Wed 07 Feb

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Wrexham, Powys, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Bridgend, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire & Swansea valid from 2000 Mon 05 Feb to 1500 Tue 06 Feb
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looks a very weak affair coming in Monday night. Wouldn’t be surprised if this band fizzled out completely. End of next week looking milder with some rain around

Posted
    26 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Looks a very weak affair coming in Monday night. Wouldn’t be surprised if this band fizzled out completely. End of next week looking milder with some rain around

gfs-2-54.png?6

gfs-2-120.png?6

• Like 1
    Posted

right out in the extremes of FI - but the mad thread are going on and on and on and on lol

about it - strat warming and a mega easterly which could lead to a fab set up for us

gfs-2-384.png?6

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
    3 hours ago, andymusic said:

right out in the extremes of FI - but the mad thread are going on and on and on and on lol

about it - strat warming and a mega easterly which could lead to a fab set up for us

gfs-2-384.png?6

That sure does look epic - let's hope they're onto something!  We've had a glorious early February day hereabouts - cold and crisp but light winds meant little windchill and in the sunshine it was very pleasant indeed!  Just enjoying a lovely evening sky but it looks like it will be a cold night and there is snow in the forecast over the next 24 hours, so much to hope for!  The fantastic result against Scotland has made this weekend very memorable - a few more like this please!

• Like 1
    Posted
    5 hours ago, andymusic said:

latest euro 4 coming into range now

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 06.02.2018 06 GMT

No change in what i said a few days ago ,the fronts stalls and producing light snow Monday night into Tuesday ,Need to watch Thursday as front tries to push in from the Nwest -8 uppers behind the front as the mild air is squeezed out ,exciting weather watching ahead.no sign of any mild air for the next 5 days,and as the polar votex is split by the strat warming ,this cold spell could go on much longer. image.thumb.png.dee55bc802aeb55450f01dbe1223b967.png

Edited by keithlucky
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Purely stunning if it verifies

:cold:

I'll be honest the latest bbc forecasts going for a more underwhelming outcome for Tuesday, so we shall see who is right very shortly - euro 4 looks good/gfs looks good, yes the front does dissipate but hopefully not before it dumps a few cms/an inch or two on Wales please lol

• Like 1