Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

stupid warning - they should have included it - that won't be the case come the day - no way

It's only for tomorrow, Andy. Still got a warning for Thursday and Friday. I think we'll probably see a few flakes fall over the next few days, but we were never forecast to get much from the initial showers. I'm still hopeful for the end of the week.

Posted
5 minutes ago, lynnross said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-27

Whole of Wales under an amber for tomorrow.. will it, or won't it? :cc_confused:

nope - amber warning is for elsewhere folks - we are under a yellow warning

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

nope - amber warning is for elsewhere folks - we are under a yellow warning

Sorry, I meant yellow.. it's been one of those days! :oops:

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure the showers we are seeing on the radar are intense enough to make it to us with anything left to deliver. May liven up a bit overnight but its a long haul on an easterly to get snow all the way from the north sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
20 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

why don't you just go find the post lol that will resolve it

I have it's posted above ur post lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

beast?

fluffy lamb, more like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
13 minutes ago, lynnross said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-27

Whole of Wales under an amber for tomorrow.. will it, or won't it? :cc_confused:

Everyone except me. Lmao. That cut off point going through Cardiff has really tickled me. :rofl:

Posted

Why are people worrying if they are a few miles out of a warning area,  there's no solid wall around the edge of the Met Office warning area, snow showers will come through the whole of Wales tomorrow, everyone will see it it's just a more organised area of snow is coming through further North heading southwestwards.  And after the forecast i've just seen with Darren Bett who I find hates forecasting cold and snow is anything to go by we have no worries on Friday.

I'm partly with andymusic on this one, we'll see blizzard conditions Friday morning but i can't see the 3 days of blizzards as yet.....

Edited by KidCarm
  • Like 2

Posted

Thursday into Friday looks perhaps most interesting for heavy snow, especially for those of us in the SW.

Just getting a bit worried that there seems to be a lot of very warm air progged to be dragged in by that developing low that could scupper things in Pembs/Carms:

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=t850&HH=384&ZOOM=1&WMO=&ARCHIV=0&RES=0

Am I right to be worried?

(For some reason, link goes to 360hrs-odd! Key period 84/90hrs).

Edited by benb

Posted
9 minutes ago, benb said:

Thursday into Friday looks perhaps most interesting for heavy snow, especially for those of us in the SW.

Just getting a bit worried that there seems to be a lot of very warm air progged to be dragged in by that developing low that could scupper things in Pembs/Carms:

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=t850&HH=384&ZOOM=1&WMO=&ARCHIV=0&RES=0

i wouldn't take any notice until Thursday

• Like 1

Posted

about to hit here now un all - yer we go - this is what we've been waiting for - it's finally arriving:cold::cold::cold:

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, benb said:

Weird contradictions from models to met The met have got plenty of snow moving North (no rain).With no slow moving front possible stalling  showing on model output and the front moving west.Simple fact the met rely to much on computers ,The computers handles west to east movement no problem,But cannot handle east to west.movement. We need met using intuition like John Kettley Michael fish .

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, keithlucky said:

Weird contradictions from models to met The met have got plenty of snow moving North (no rain).With no slow moving front possible stalling  showing on model output and the front moving west.Simple fact the met rely to much on computers ,The computers handles west to east movement no problem,But cannot handle east to west.movement. We need met using intuition like John Kettley Michael fish .

and me lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

and me lol

Had some light snow around 5ish...they dont mention wales much on bbc etc .........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
36 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Everyone except me. Lmao. That cut off point going through Cardiff has really tickled me. :rofl:

Don’t think we are amber, still yellow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

I said the weather would reverse on the 20th and change to an easterly which it did - there was then some added info which jo from America kicked in - the sun mysteriously woke up and hit off a few spots - before and after that it's been dead - and we are likely now over the coming decades to see more harsh freezing cold winters because if the sun ain't active we are gonna get colder - and he tweeted that because the sun had fired off one or two spots of life then it had pushed back by a couple of days the severe weather that was about to hit us - BUT - AS I CLEARLY SAID AND WHAT THE 50p WAS ALL ABOUT - THE EASTERLY DIRECTION OF WINDS STARTED ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY

Calm down, calm down....No need to shout - we're all in the same room!  :laugh:

Can't believe Cardiff is off the warning though - this morning it was looking to get more snow than almost anywhere else.  Where's it all going???   Maybe Cardigan? :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snefnug said:

Don’t think we are amber, still yellow

amber or even red will come for Thursday/Friday/Saturday event/BLIZZARD:cold::cold::cold::cold: #TEAMBLIZZARD

• Like 2