Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Standby Wales parts of your country could get an absolute pasting on Sunday expect amber warnings if the below chart is right

wales.thumb.png.1479fa8e920dbb144f1a9c478ceb257e.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms
27 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

bit OTT i think. Some mild disappointment which is understandable. The only stamping of feet here seems to be yours 

Fed up of the posts saying. "Can't forecast anything in this country unless its rain", "Rubbish forecast" etc.  

Granted the post was a bit spikey.

Edited by Blackjack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Standby Wales parts of your country could get an absolute pasting on Sunday expect amber warnings if the below chart is right

wales.thumb.png.1479fa8e920dbb144f1a9c478ceb257e.png

Mainly the hills of mid wales and then North Wales though. Will be a good dumping for them definitely! Not expecting any down south though unfortunately unless things change. 

Posted

after a small intermission - more snow here again

absolutely banging down here again - lovely heavy snow passing through here now - more to come too

Edited by andymusic

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Fed up of the posts saying. "Can't forecast anything in this country unless its rain", "Rubbish forecast" etc.  

fairs doos. Bit grumpy this morning myself. hahaha

The BBC auto graphics were spot on for my area. It was the tv forecasts that were a little misleading. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Sleety rain around 8.15 this morning and feeling bitterly cold in the wind. Hoping that next batch of showers manage to fall as snow here. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
30 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Let's b honest, how many times have the forecasts said no rain dry and bright today, then all of a sudden its raining even tho it' not forecast. For people like myself who work outside and rely on good forecast it can get annoying and effect my business. Now if I was to get my job wrong as much as they do I wouldn't have a job so y should they b any different and they earn a lot more money than I do. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Oh well maybe next time SW Wales:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Lots of lovely snow showers. Where I am now up crogen bank it’s a whiteout ?

• Like 1

Posted

after these snow showers latest updates from models - WALES TO GET MAJOR DUMPING OF SNOW SUNDAY/MONDAY with blizzards/hefty winds

gfs-2-48.png?6

gfs-2-54.png?6

gfs-2-60.png?6

gfs-2-66.png?6

gfs-2-72.png?6

gfs-2-78.png?6

gfs-2-84.png?6

so if that comes off - that's around 36 hours of hefty snow - a foot or two very possible especially with the heavy winds/drifting - glad I got the shopping in now - crikey:cold::cold::D:cold:

Edited by andymusic
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I may take a drive up the Bwlch road near Nantymoyl in a bit, im sire they would've had snow up there? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

I may take a drive up the Bwlch road near Nantymoyl in a bit, im sire they would've had snow up there? 

Shower in your area , anything falling from it ?

Posted

Fingers crossed that there aren't any further corrections south for Sun/Mon. That could be quite interesting. If it stays as modelled then amber warnings, but still 3 days out so could change track. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I would have thought so - as long as 350m and above can't see y not - dowlais and storey arms nicely white

Posted
Just now, Blackjack said:

Fingers crossed that there aren't any further corrections south for Sun/Mon. That could be quite interesting. If it stays as modelled then amber warnings, but still 3 days out so could change track. 

track of low hasn't been deviating widely now - tad north or tad south - can't believe at this late stage that it'll dive beneath the uk - the crux will be will we be able to hold onto to the cold air to benefit from the attack - but this morning's models believe so and that other feature low that blows up seems to help too especially with the winds - so very close now but still a few runs to go yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

@Marcus_surfer no sun's out now and temp up to 5c. Some dark clouds no the north but will fall as rain here. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's happening Sunday then? Are we expecting snow even southern wales?

if the track is spot on 36 hours of snow is very possible

snowing here right now

Edited by andymusic

Posted
31 minutes ago, andymusic said:

track of low hasn't been deviating widely now - tad north or tad south - can't believe at this late stage that it'll dive beneath the uk - the crux will be will we be able to hold onto to the cold air to benefit from the attack - but this morning's models believe so and that other feature low that blows up seems to help too especially with the winds - so very close now but still a few runs to go yet

Agreed. The cold air needs to dig a bit further south as it could be very wet from the Beacons south if we don't. Interesting model watching over the next 24 hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, in the vale said:

Thundersnow here!

You spawny get. I'd give my right arm to experience thundersnow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, andymusic said:

after these snow showers latest updates from models - WALES TO GET MAJOR DUMPING OF SNOW SUNDAY/MONDAY with blizzards/hefty winds

gfs-2-48.png?6

gfs-2-54.png?6

gfs-2-60.png?6

gfs-2-66.png?6

gfs-2-72.png?6

gfs-2-78.png?6

gfs-2-84.png?6

so if that comes off - that's around 36 hours of hefty snow - a foot or two very possible especially with the heavy winds/drifting - glad I got the shopping in now - crikey:cold::cold::D:cold:

Far SE of England looks very wet. Bless.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Bright and very breezy here - and feeling very cold in the wind - but no precipitation of any kind yet.  It's great to hear about all the areas getting some snow this morning and hope you all get some more later!  I don't mind missing out as long as we don't get rain instead!  I can always drive up to Strata Florida over the weekend to get my shots of snowy landscapes - it's bound to lie for a day or two up there.  Who knows, the main event might even move a little further south west and give the Presellis a good covering by Monday - it's been five years since they were properly covered in snow as far as I recall.  It's the best chance we've had for long time so I'm crossing my fingers for an upgrade!