Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Finally snowing and lying here :D. I was about to head to bed as I have a job interview tomorrow and want to be well rested but sure another wee hour up won't hurt...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Great to see some of you guys getting some late Autumn snow,

Keep the pictures coming for us lot on the other side of the sea

Who are getting naff all LOL

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The showers appear to be more NW than W now so hopefully one or two will make it East by morning.

The ppn moving through at the minute is by far the heaviest of the night. It's bound to reach you guys. Gave us a pretty good top up and still falling.

• Like 1

Posted

We've 2/3 inches here this morning, really heavy shower there an hour ago. 

• Like 7

OFCOURSE, The magic line and Derry microclimate has prevailed! We had no snow not even a dusting and I even woke up to rain! 3rd time in a row, not happy :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Rain here too not a lot higher got snow. Not to worry it's still early and I'm about to drive over to coleraine now so I'll see some snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snow on the hills here and what little that was on the ground has melted away, as expected. I'm heading over the glenshane pass in a bit though, will see what it's like up there. 

Posted

Last video from me, got new phone recently and addicted to the slow mo camera!

If this had of been December or January I think we could have done much better. The ice warning didn't materialise for me in the West here as pretty thick cloud cover remained between the showers so prevented a big drop off in temps. Thaw is kicking in rightly now.

What pleases me so much is the difference between this November and the last 2/3, I get a feeling that we could all do well over this winter.

• Like 5

Posted

Nothing really here in the east at all. But that is expected from a NW airflow. Been a really snowless last 3 years or so here but I have faith our luck will change soon enough.  

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Sperrin said:

What pleases me so much is the difference between this November and the last 2/3, I get a feeling that we could all do well over this winter.

The medium range models (end of month), really starting to pick up a strong -NAO signal with a segment of the PV dropping into Scandi and height rises to the West.

I think we will start to see some pretty special output soon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards and deep cold
4 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Nothing really here in the east at all. But that is expected from a NW airflow. Been a really snowless last 3 years or so here but I have faith our luck will change soon enough.  

Let's hope so mate hasn't been much of note here at all

Posted

Wasn't aware there was a risk of snow tonight??

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service

5 mins · 

A Yellow warning of Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland. (See Map)

A Yellow warning of Ice has been issued for Northern Ireland

During this evening & overnight wintry showers of Hail, sleet & snow will affect parts of NI, frequent and heavy at times giving accumulations in places, higher ground in Northern & Western areas most at risk.

Accumulations of 1 - 3 cm possibly 5 cm possible of higher ground, any at low levels will tend to be more slushy. Any accumulations are likely to melt quickly during the Saturday.

With temperatures dropping tonight ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces.

Although the stated accumulations are not excessive amounts, given the fact that ice will develop across most areas and combined with lying snow, this is likely to lead to hazardous driving conditions in many parts.

The public are advised to take extra care if travelling and to be prepared for wintry conditions and possible disruption to travel, especially on high level routes.

15135801_1185513634862299_4451214812014744592_n.jpg

Posted

It doesn't feel like it's going to freeze to me, any ppn we've had this evening has been rain, not even a hint of sleet. Is there anywhere you can get an idea of current temperatures around Ireland? BBC only gives Temps from weather stations and those are usually two hours delayed.

Posted

Sky has completely cleared now between showers and surfaces look to be freezing over, any showers now likely to be snow. However, looking at the radar and they seem to be dying off a bit!

Edited by Sperrin