Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Them showers to the North of Scotland will hopefully spread South soon.  Hasn't risen above freezing here.

Wasn't aware that we were due any snow this evening so thats happy days!

20 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Not sure why I have you down as quoting here Rochey??  Anyway stunning day here, lovely sun no thaw everywhere still white, class!! And possibly a bit of bonus snow if are right lads

currently -1c here! cracking sunny calm day. full snowcover stil and all froze solid. a pleasure to be out and about today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jamesd said:

A nice band of showers moving down

20171210_170554_edited.mp4

Was just going to post that too James. Out of interest what radar app is that you're using?

It was reading minus 8 when pulled into drive in car there. Coldest it’s been since 2010.....no thaw in site

• Like 2

Beautiful day to be out enjoying the snow. Had the wee fella out earlier and managed to get a pic in too.

5a2d80ba67a75_SnowfieldIG.thumb.jpg.ecc2a4db4bbf01e9f66b257603441384.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

Was just going to post that too James. Out of interest what radar app is that you're using?

1 hour ago, booferking said:

Hopefully we catch few tonight what website do you use.Thanks 

I use the Weather&Radar app on android.

Screenshot_20171210-185326.jpg

Edited by jamesd

Just had a nice snow shower there. A wee top up and the places were the snow had disappeared from are now white again. 

• Like 4

-9 predicted tonight going by the countryfile weather forecast, tomorrow looking a bit showery as well, hopefully of the white variety 

Ian Ferguson on twitter"Ultimately we look set for less cold/milder territory through December. With signals for any blocking waned, the (tentative!) expectation is for flow to end-up between NW to SW'ly by mid/rest of Dec & a *possible* rtn later to blocked patterns early Jan, but v uncertain for now."

Personally I don't read too much in to the long term, although if we were to get Northern Blocking, I'd like for it to happen in January.

Precipitation starting to get organised and heading south

D0D634AF-3B36-42A2-A7B5-0AF1EA6363F3.png

I would say there will be a few surprises tonight. :cold:

• Like 1

Light snow here now and instantly lying. Looking forward to the heavier stuff. Radar definitely looking good. 

5 minutes ago, ronan said:

Light snow here now and instantly lying. Looking forward to the heavier stuff. Radar definitely looking good. 

Yes, its instantly lying. Ground is frozen solid and caking up nicely. I'm livid, wasn't expecting this. Happy days, if a light shower can cause this then as you said definitely looking forward to the heavy stuff.

Yeah i hadn't a clue we were due snow tonight so it's a nice surprise. Was hoping for an early night to. 

BBC national forecast said rain/sleet showers for NI tonight yet the background temp was minus nine!

Aye, ok then.

1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

BBC national forecast said rain/sleet showers for NI tonight yet the background temp was minus nine!

Aye, ok then.

Yes does look a bit pessimistic. -5C + lying snow = rain/sleet? At the least, you'd expect freezing rain. 

2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye, ok then.

Lol was thinking the same mountain, that's a serious thaw freeze right there