Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nope it's hammering down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hmm the rain has cleared here already. It was forecast to hang around all day. Not that I'm complaining of course.. dry is better to commute in. 

Might be milder today as a result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I was hoping for a washout with downpours in places but no!! The meto says just light rain on and off. This Winter is so boring!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Peeeeeeeing down for several hours and nearly all of my snow has gone.

It looks like a washout Sunday is on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A very wet morning with 8.6 mm of rain, now stopped. 7.4°C currently. 

• Like 1

Posted

Of course now that it's a bit milder and there is no cold air to fight against the moisture has no problem setting up camp and wringing itself out over the region.  Dull, wet & mild the order of the day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yep, horrible day. Probably the theme for the rest of winter now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Horrible day turns into a horrible evening.

Why does the default winter weather setting for this country have to be so damned awful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Don't know why I bother looking at the models for snow. I am old enough to know better that our climate is a load of crap 99.9% of the time for it. A day of slush like recently doesn't really float my boat. As others said a depressing wet day today. Probably be February now before we get another chance at something remotely wintry.

Posted

Depressing theme continues with one of the most 'uninspiring' weather for the week ahead's on Countryfile.  Grey cloud throughout and bits drizzle and murk around but....

.... at least it will be mild.  If you ever wanted a week away from net-weather without wanting to miss anything.. next week is it.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
11 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Depressing theme continues with one of the most 'uninspiring' weather for the week ahead's on Countryfile.  Grey cloud throughout and bits drizzle and murk around but....

.... at least it will be mild.  If you ever wanted a week away from net-weather without wanting to miss anything.. next week is it.

At least our pair of mild rampers on North West Tonight will be happy and I might not feel as damned cold at the football on Tuesday evening as I did on Saturday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, iand61 said:

At least our pair of mild rampers on North West Tonight will be happy and I might not feel as damned cold at the football on Tuesday evening as I did on Saturday.

Eno Equator and Di 0xberry! I never watch local weather

Posted
20 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Agree, coming week looks very uninspiring and lacklustre - continuing the theme of the winter so far in the main... dull drab cloudy dank drizzly mild conditions, perhaps something a bit chillier towards the end of the week, and chance of some frost, during what is traditionally the most 'depressing' week of the year as well.. oh dear.. 

All this at the start of what I call mid true winter - roughly mid Jan-mid Feb.. lets hope for a pattern change by the end of the month. Traditionally the chances of northern blocking and colder episodes ousting out the atlantic become more likely through the next 2-3 weeks. It has been a trying winter once again so far, but there is much left in it yet.

We are being dealt a cruel blow this week, not far off a very cold frosty week, alas not to be.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Eno Equator and Di 0xberry! I never watch local weather

Yep they're the ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
12 hours ago, iand61 said:

Yep they're the ones.

I certainly will not be watching north west tonight anytime soon as I would end up chucking the TV out of the window with their smug faces saying it will be lovely and mild. :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A year on since the cruel snow non-event, but I tell you what, last week gave it a run for its money.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

A year on since the cruel snow non-event, but I tell you what, last week gave it a run for its money.

I got some, but as normal for 2000's very little and quick thaw

Posted

Can someone please let me know when it's next due to come light because it doesn't look to have since Saturday.

maybe the region is in the middle of an unexpected solar eclipse.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 hours ago, raul_sbd said:

Boring week ahead... so dark .. so cloudy

Maybe not?

Colder air moving up from the south Atlantic fronts pushing in meeting cold air need I say anything more 

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

8c at 22:00 in mid January...:nonono:

That's nothing; i've known it to be 13 or 14°C around here  on occasion. This is pretty average TBH. 

Posted

I don't think I can cope with much more of this cloudy drizzly depressing weather! It really is the worst. I'm never been on holiday abroad but I'd be really tempted atm if I had enough money. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

I don't think I can cope with much more of this cloudy drizzly depressing weather! It really is the worst. I'm never been on holiday abroad but I'd be really tempted atm if I had enough money. 

Last few days has been Mist / Fog Mist / low Cloud / Mist