Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2017 at 19:36, fizz511 said:

Lol, yes. But I’m already on the hunt for forthcoming snow signals, so I figured it was time! :D

Hi Fizz....Signals ATM are looking half decent for cold :cold: not to sure regarding snow yet though:search:

Anyway just 8.6c today, felt colder in that wind though......Lovely :D

Tomorrow with temps around 5 - 6c and no sunshine just could cover and a slight wind chill it'll feel more like winter.

24-580UK_goe6.GIF

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone!

First sign of coldness and I'm back ? Here's hoping we get to do some serious lamp post watching this year! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

Hi Everyone!

First sign of coldness and I'm back ? Here's hoping we get to do some serious lamp post watching this year! 

Snowsie..

 Welcome back.

No one has a clue, but we all live in hope. I have already pruned the trees to expose the lights outside.

Also Heekster ....    welcome to you as well.

Hopefully next week we can get together with a snow party!

MIA

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do I, but we have this every Nov, on the models, always showing cold setups in deep FI, only to downgrade. PV not fully developed yet, and Nov is too early for snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

252..."Not FULLY developed " PV hasn't even started at all yet and with height treading for the north nobody knows for sure yet what will happen not even the MO and "November is too earlier for snow" well l can't even comment on that, except.... LMAO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first air frost of the season last night with a min' of -0.5c. Yesterday, with a max' of 5.1c, was the coldest day since March 22nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The traditional November cold snap seems to come around the 20th 21st.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 20:45, Snowsie said:

Hi Everyone!

First sign of coldness and I'm back ? Here's hoping we get to do some serious lamp post watching this year! 

Me too! :)

Fingers firmly crossed... my fourth winter in Englandshire and I'm hoping for some excellent snow... well, a bit of snow... ok, ok, how about a hard frost? A little frost? Or do I have to scrape the inside of the fridge-freezer and pretend again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Me too! :)

Fingers firmly crossed... my fourth winter in Englandshire and I'm hoping for some excellent snow... well, a bit of snow... ok, ok, how about a hard frost? A little frost? Or do I have to scrape the inside of the fridge-freezer and pretend again? 

Yep,

I use my old fridge freezer ('E' power rating). It costs me a fortune in power bills. Still believe it is worth it.:nonono::yahoo:

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last fridge freezer broke down and did a very good impression of the prevalent winter .....warm and mushy :oops:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well folks, tonights 18z is a cracker. Mass ramping in the model thread but people still being cautious and not getting TOO carried away.

 

I'm trying to remain calm but I am getting slightly carried away by it, I must admit?

That would put us well and truly in the freezer if it comes off!

 

GFSOPEU18_186_1.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bright sunshine and crisp cool air here in Telford - but fingers crossed for the 18z that Andy_leics posted happening - I want lovely SNOW!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following yesterdays mid day crud and cloud the sky cleared and temperatures have plunged around here.

I recorded a minimum of -2.2C overnight (this seasons coldest so far) and it is still crisp this morning with  some cloud building overhead.

Looking like a reasonable weekend for outdoor activities.

MIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A low of 0.5c here last night with a ground frost, A glorious morning so far.

20171117_093755.thumb.jpg.728e91d72ecced7486efc7aca06df247.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some morning reading here.

I write about snow, and occasionally other stuff.
Nov 15

#25 — Records of year-round snow surviving at Eldon Hole, Peak District

In the Derbyshire Peak District, situated at grid reference SK116809, there is a deep (60 metres) cleft in the ground called Eldon Hole. This pot-hole, long-dubbed the ‘fourth wonder of the Peake’ (Cotton 1683), is little-known, except to speleologists and locals. Entrance to the pot-hole cannot be achieved without the aid of specialist equipment, and as a consequence it is visited only rarely, even in summer

https://medium.com/@theiaincameron/25-records-of-year-round-snow-surviving-at-eldon-hole-peak-district-790355bcbed4

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the weekend is here....

Its been raining and drizzling  steadily for the last 2-3 hours. 8.7mm so far.

Here was me hoping to enjoy a sunny cold morning on the golf course.

At least the cold bit was correct.  It is still cold here with a temperature of 6 C.

MIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Some morning reading here.

I write about snow, and occasionally other stuff.
Nov 15

#25 — Records of year-round snow surviving at Eldon Hole, Peak District

In the Derbyshire Peak District, situated at grid reference SK116809, there is a deep (60 metres) cleft in the ground called Eldon Hole. This pot-hole, long-dubbed the ‘fourth wonder of the Peake’ (Cotton 1683), is little-known, except to speleologists and locals. Entrance to the pot-hole cannot be achieved without the aid of specialist equipment, and as a consequence it is visited only rarely, even in summer

https://medium.com/@theiaincameron/25-records-of-year-round-snow-surviving-at-eldon-hole-peak-district-790355bcbed4

Very interesting PM...

 I have heard of this place, but not been to it.

sounds very spooky.

 MIA

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another lovely day.

Started off with a heavy ground frost after a night of variable cloud. Min temp 0.5C

Then became quite cloudy followed by clear blue skies, and now a few scattered nimbus clouds around from the WNW/NW..

Temp about max now at 7C

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Another lovely day.

Started off with a heavy ground frost after a night of variable cloud. Min temp 0.5C

Then became quite cloudy followed by clear blue skies, and now a few scattered nimbus clouds around from the WNW/NW..

Temp about max now at 7C

MIA

Ive hit 9c today....Currently at 8.4c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ive hit 9c today....Currently at 8.4c.

Just got back in from a days walking in Knowle along  the canal.

It was lovely but quite cool and we all had gloves. headgear. cagoules, on.

Finished up at the 'Ellora' for a buffet curry.

It was nice in the sun, but out it was chilly.

Let's  hope for a snowy winter this year.

 It is 4.4C here now.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Just got back in from a days walking in Knowle along  the canal.

It was lovely but quite cool and we all had gloves. headgear. cagoules, on.

Finished up at the 'Ellora' for a buffet curry.

It was nice in the sun, but out it was chilly.

Let's  hope for a snowy winter this year.

 It is 4.4C here now.

MIA

I know one of the guys that works at the Ellora, I worked on his house and his always telling me to pop into the Ellora with the family.....Free beers for me :drinks:

Hopefully a good Buffet curry is what we all may need come this winter :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10C, plenty of cloud around but some nice bursts of sunshine.... lets see what the weekend brings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, V for Very Cold said:

10C, plenty of cloud around but some nice bursts of sunshine.... lets see what the weekend brings!

Oh yes!..... I love surprises :cold::D

120-574UK_hzz0.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

definitely a chance Dancerwithwings

hgt500-1000.png

image.thumb.png.648624c9e2e263838377d46c898e63ea.png Can't remember the last time I seen it snow during the day......Don't recall any last winter....Fingers crossed for this weekend :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...