Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
38 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Persistent moderate rain has turn heavy for the past 20 minutes, Can still hear the thumping music from the Y Not festival a few miles to my South, what a bog hole that'll be.. I'm certainly not complaining about the rain..

Temp currently 14.3c

Rain today 10.4mm

Why not? lucky you don't have blocked nose and chest allergy probs then? won't die off until late sept, as there's no chance it will be dry

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Absolutely lashing it down now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Stunning morning here in North Lincolnshire, hoping for a full much better day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

18.4 mm here yesterday made it the wettest day of the month so far.

I pity the Y not festival goers a few miles north of here, it must have been grim there yesterday evening and even though today looks like being dry the ground will be like a quagmire. More rain forecast tonight too.

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted

Y Not now cancelled..

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM Y NOT FESTIVAL

Unfortunately we’ve had to take the difficult decision to cancel Sunday due to the adverse weather conditions across the weekend, after consulting all the relevant authorities. The safety of our guests, performers and crew is our primary concern and the potential risk was too severe for Sunday to go ahead.  We are very sorry for the disappointment and disruption caused to everyone who was looking forward to the final day of the festival.  We understand that people will have questions about refunds.  We will be giving all our guests further information about this over the coming days. Thanks Everyone

Posted

Back to Costa Del Sol'ihull tomorrow folks...I bloody well wish it had Sol' back in Solihull.....August looks very similar to July at this stage so summer's out ATM. You watch, I'm back to work on the 7th and summer will reappear:blink2:

Posted

Despite a number of heavy downpours in Derbyshire and Staffordshire there's been just one brief, light shower here about half an hour ago, the rest of the day has been dry with sunny intervals. 

Posted

Same here in North Lincolnshire, been on the Cleethorpes beach all day, summer's not bad up here......Would you believe it as I'm typing this...Ahhhhh! a shower.:nonono:

Posted

A thunderstorm rumbling away a few miles to the north of here, the first thunder heard this year.

Posted

I know the month is still early, but doesn't it feel like August is becoming more Autumnal.  The month seems to have been plagued by southerly tracking jet in recent years.  Cannot remember the last heatwave we experienced in this month.  August 03 possibly the last time.  Really poor!

Posted
6 hours ago, fiftytwodegreesnorth said:

I know the month is still early, but doesn't it feel like August is becoming more Autumnal.  The month seems to have been plagued by southerly tracking jet in recent years.  Cannot remember the last heatwave we experienced in this month.  August 03 possibly the last time.  Really poor!

definitely more westerly, zonal month, can feel cool at times as well, where July just that bit warmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Thunder and lightning here first of year

Posted
1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

20170805_131103.jpg

coming my way now, has been a north/south split here, settled north, unsettled south, all rain missed to south, but will pay for it soon

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

coming my way now, has been a north/south split here, settled north, unsettled south, all rain missed to south, but will pay for it soon

It's so cold!!!:cold: I've put the heating on! It's high summer I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad! :wallbash:

Posted
Just now, cyclonic happiness said:

It's so cold!!!:cold: I've put the heating on! It's high summer I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad! :wallbash:

will be warmer in 3-4 months, patience the key

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

will be warmer in 3-4 months, patience the key

So true!! 20'c on Christmas day I'll bet :D

Posted

So true!! 20'c on Christmas day I'll bet :D

My prediction for Xmas day, low pressure in charge, gales and rain, 11°, this forecasting lark is easy

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

My prediction for Xmas day, low pressure in charge, gales and rain, 11°, this forecasting lark is easy

Mine (as a coldie) is -10'c heavy blizzards and power cuts, so we can't upload all the pictures to netweather :D

Although the nearest I ever get to a blizzard is world of warcraft 

• Like 2

Posted

Mine (as a coldie) is -10'c heavy blizzards and power cuts, so we can't upload all the pictures to netweather :D

Although the nearest I ever get to a blizzard is world of warcraft 

I'm a coldie, but as a huge believer in TMW, I now don't like winter, who wants frost, then rain and gales and darkness all the time, then when marginal setups come, nowadays it's warmer than it was, and snowline is getting higher up, so here ends up with rain

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

It's funny you say that because that sort of weather for Christmas Day hasn't been common since 2000, most of the Christmas Days around my area have been dry in that period.

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I'm a coldie, but as a huge believer in TMW, I now don't like winter, who wants frost, then rain and gales and darkness all the time, then when marginal setups come, nowadays it's warmer than it was, and snowline is getting higher up, so here ends up with rain

Same here, and we have a weird phenomenon which, whenever a band of rain/snow/thunderstorms comes close to here, it's splits and goes either side of us and then rejoins. Seriously! people at work are now aware of it too, I've taken tons of pictures in the past of it happening. I think it's something to do with the Brum urban heat island effect?

Posted
3 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Same here, and we have a weird phenomenon which, whenever a band of rain/snow/thunderstorms comes close to here, it's splits and goes either side of us and then rejoins. Seriously! people at work are now aware of it too, I've taken tons of pictures in the past of it happening. I think it's something to do with the Brum urban heat island effect?

still not convinced of summers changing yet, although August is less summery now than in 90's

Winters, everyone I know knows the obvious, especially ppl age 60+

Frontal rain hits here no problem, but snow and thunderstorms do miss, snow is elevation, storms we're too far west

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252