Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Seasonality

Weather in Poland

Xmas ensemble watch looking better run by run. That's the -10 850hpa line where the op and control dip lowest. Snow row looking good too. 

IMG_20181219_203237.jpg

Hi seasonality, which weather radar, satellite and forecast tools  do you use in Poland ?

9 hours ago, Jet Streak said:

Hi seasonality, which weather radar, satellite and forecast tools  do you use in Poland ?

I use all the usual forecasting models, so I'm often on meteociel, metoffice and weatheronline plus the local meteorological service, which has good radar and plenty of charts and live info. http://pogodynka.pl Click on radary polska for radar. Mapa synoptyczna for synoptic maps and you can explore from there. Loads of useful stuff. 

Snow, y u come during evening commute? And now I'll have to clean the stuff off the bl**dy car in the morning 

YUNO.jpg

Well, looks like coming Christmas will be one of the coldest in a decade. Maybe even dusting in the evening if we get really lucky. Some bitter runs are creeping in in FI. Would be nice if GFS op stopped with those mild runs.

graphe6_1000___18.2075471698_49.83805668

21 hours ago, daz_4 said:

Well, looks like coming Christmas will be one of the coldest in a decade. Maybe even dusting in the evening if we get really lucky. Some bitter runs are creeping in in FI. Would be nice if GFS op stopped with those mild runs.

graphe6_1000___18.2075471698_49.83805668

Same for all of us in Central Europe for Xmas by the look of it 🙂 This is the met office forecast for Warsaw for 23rd 24th and 25th. Its actually going to feel like Christmas. I think January might be good too. 

IMG_20181222_105500.jpg

Finally a white Christmas and it's still snowing. It will melt tomorrow but it was white when it counted 😍

Winter taking itself more seriously this year. 10-15cm expected overnight and more in outlying areas. Won't be melting any time soon either. 

IMG_20190104_183836.jpg

Snowing for the past couple of hours. A rare fail for the UKMO which didn't predict precipitation at all but accurate work by the Polish Met Office. I mean, knowing the size of Poland that's hardly a small chunk of precipitation as shown here on the radar. With live weather conditions. 

IMG_20190106_093745.jpg

pression2_eur2.png

temp_eur2.png

Well that was a surprise. After a melt overnight there has been a very heavy little burst of snow this afternoon and we have a covering again. Variable week this week and then back to proper winter from Friday onwards.

I don't like the look of that warm spell for Sunday and Monday... 😉

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 1.44.21 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

I don't like the look of that warm spell for Sunday and Monday... 😉

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 1.44.21 PM.png

Why not? It's bringing snow.

2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Why not? It's bringing snow.

Tongue firmly in cheek ;)

After a milder weekend where we had quite a thaw the weather gods are trolling us today. I opened the front door this morning to another covering of thick, heavy snow. I was expecting a little but not that! A bit of a WTF moment.

Travelled to Lodz today left London cloudy 10c arrived to 27c @ 10am, it’s now 33c clear blue skies, gentle breeze

looks like it will go bang tomorrow some serious energy to be released cape values through the roof!!

Coolish and grey after rain overnight. The scorching September of last year doesn't look like it'll be repeated. Hopefully a more normal Autumn to come to help nature follow more normal rhythms and replenish water levels.

Very windy day, not particularly cold but the wind has an edge to it. Feeling Autumnal this week that's for sure.