Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in Poland

Seasonality

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

This raises an eyebrow so early in the season. Snow cover chart for Poland, day 10 ECM so JFF of course.

2019-10-24 08_30_04-Meteologix.com.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Hi all, update after a long absence where I've just been lurking rather than posting. Last winter's obscenely mild effort wasn't worth commenting on and then COVID came and proved a constant distraction. But this winter is more than making up for it, I'll write a full report when it's done and dusted but January gave us a good amount of snow with temperatures of -24 in my location just to the North East of Warsaw. Minima hit the -30s in the far north-east of the country during that same spell.

Interesting conditions last week where there was a north-south split with warm air affecting the south of the country mid-week, and continued snow in the north. I was in the transition zone, so one day of thaw which has led to some horrendously icy conditions in areas. The cold came back quickly though and ice cover on lakes is strengthening with plenty of people out ice fishing this past weekend in my area. Right now as I write this it's -12 and snowing with strong winds causing drifts and snow expected for the rest of the day at least. And no let up of the cold in the model output either. Could be a month to remember! Quite possibly even lower temperatures than I've recorded still to come.

• Like 4