Snow?

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My piece de resistance: (drumroll please...)  

I've just been going through my phones photos from yesterday. Apart from the two oversized bras on next door's washing, this popped up: Finally got one!!

From what I understand, the current isolated storm cells have developed on a convergence wave tied into the circulation of the depression in Biscay. This "wave" will rotate and traverse slo

Posted Images

Would normally be in Weston-super-Mare, but am currently in Clevedon this week.

Plenty of loud rumbles and the rain is currently just starting now -- ooo a good flash and a cracking rumble. :D

For us Bristolians that gap is certainly still there. Think I have heard a couple of distant rumbles from Cardiff.

Takes the biscuit - not quite sure where that lot near Weymouth is heading - probably to our East.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Michelle Daisy Cantillon said:

i am on the south coast right by the north western corner of the isle of wight, watching radar closely, hoping not to get anything here

Don't worry I think you'll be able to see it in the distance but it will be too far west of you for any thunder or lightning.

clear skies today should mean you get a chance of some good views of the thunderhead in the distance tho.

i'm stuck in east London so my only hope is some late night horizon flashes and possibly anvil crawlers if it gets that far.

2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Don't worry I think you'll be able to see it in the distance but it will be too far west of you for any thunder or lightning.

clear skies today should mean you get a chance of some good views of the thunderhead in the distance tho.

i'm stuck in east London so my only hope is some late night horizon flashes and possibly anvil crawlers if it gets that far.

supposed to be a clear night, some risk tomorrow and thurs around south and south west, not sure about se i can see it getting darker out to south and west, so far it seems they are moving, they were heading right for me then changed slightly to north west direction, hoping it stays well away from here. forecast shows a lot of energy out there

Hey all. Currently near cirencester - im hoping that second batch further east tracks up across us - winds are easterly pulling higher temps and dps from the unaffected east across this area at the mo - interested to see if these go surface based as the day wears on. Good luck all! Samos

Just now, Michellelovescats said:

are you watching radar? storm probably going to hit Poole area, thought i heard a rumble but its probably not, got the glass collection going around nearby here so its probably that

Yes noticed it looks like just missing us. Can hear louder and more frequent rumbles now though so maybe you can hear it.