Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Hit 18.6c here today and it was sunny until 1 pm

im ready for the winter now, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Jo S said:

im ready for the winter now, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one last BBQ then so am i

• Like 1

Posted

ive not even had a bbq this year or even been to one ,how sad is that lol

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jo S said:

ive not even had a bbq this year or even been to one ,how sad is that lol

:sorry: Is that because nobody you know had one this year

Posted
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

:sorry: Is that because nobody you know had one this year

No just wasnt invited lol, plus ive been sleeping if not working, i did have some toast though, so sort of like one, im pushing it here now lol, but i want frosts and snow now :cold:

Posted
1 minute ago, Jo S said:

No just wasnt invited lol, plus ive been sleeping if not working, i did have some toast though, so sort of like one, im pushing it here now lol, but i want frosts and snow now :cold:

They probably would have burnt everything anyway lol. Toast is good unless you burn it. Frost next week apparently.

Posted
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

They probably would have burnt everything anyway lol. Toast is good unless you burn it. Frost next week apparently.

oh really yayyyyyy, i should get some as im out in the counrtyside

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jo S said:

oh really yayyyyyy, i should get some as im out in the counrtyside

Must get cold out in the sticks:cold:At least you're far away from the heat dump hole (london)

Posted

not that far, but far enough foe me yes, its too busy for me,im used to peace and quiet lovely he he

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
7 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Do you know what happened on this very day 28th October in Bucks  8 years ago....?

This!!!:yahoo:

1924042_42763479114_5656_n.jpg

1924042_42761189114_2432_n.jpg

I knew is snowed in October one year I was saying to my step grandad who dismissed it out of hand just last week. Thanks for the post. I just couldn't remember when I thought it was earlier 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Jo S said:

not that far, but far enough foe me yes, its too busy for me,im used to peace and quiet lovely he he

Epping forest nearby?

Posted
25 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Epping forest nearby?

yes next door lol, im off to bed now night, speak soon 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jo S said:

yes next door lol, im off to bed now night, speak soon 

Night Jo look out for those frosts:cold::santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not much to say about today, a lot of cloud but some bright spells, it was again mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Blimey Lassie I've just noticed you have more than 14 thousand posts is that right . That's crazy 

jo one more to go to the 1k drum roll please.

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
13 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

I knew is snowed in October one year I was saying to my step grandad who dismissed it out of hand just last week. Thanks for the post. I just couldn't remember when I thought it was earlier 

I'll never forget it because my sister came to visit and insisted on staying in a tent!! Even though it snowed, she still slept in it! 

-

The weather is not really as forecast, constant very light rain out there. It's pretty much my last day on the allotment until next year and I was hoping for dry!

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Blimey Lassie I've just noticed you have more than 14 thousand posts is that right . That's crazy 

jo one more to go to the 1k drum roll please.

I think it includes Status updates too and stuff like that:oops::crazy:lol.  Jo is on 999:shok:

1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

I'll never forget it because my sister came to visit and insisted on staying in a tent!! Even though it snowed, she still slept in it! 

-

The weather is not really as forecast, constant very light rain out there. It's pretty much my last day on the allotment until next year and I was hoping for dry!

Raining here too. I stayed in a tent in a thunderstorm once, until it caved in:oops:

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon, 

a grey overcast day another balmy end to October currently sitting at 16C very December 2015 esque - the models have firmed up on a cooling trend into November, just a question of how cold.

The inner child wishes to awaken - roll on the blizzards!!   :friends:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Grey dull warm sort of day.

Lightened up by the sun coming out and now its a lovely day at 17c.

Its  Ben Lewis type of day now, no rain no wind.and sun has come out and not much rain to be seen either.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted

what a  day  tea shirt  in november !!! looks  like  this  could  be  our  last   warm day models  are  are  saying  things will cool  down after wednesday  then winter!!!

Posted
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think it includes Status updates too and stuff like that:oops::crazy:lol.  Jo is on 999:shok:

Raining here too. I stayed in a tent in a thunderstorm once, until it caved in:oops:

Happened to me too on youth club camp!  One of those July belters that goes on for ages. By 4am the rain was coming in and a nearby tree was struck, the situation was untenable so it was decided we would all take our sleeping bags and sleep in the changing rooms of a nearby leisure centre. Then our camp leader lost her contact lenses in the furore and couldn't drive us home, it was a disaster :D.

-

Not a shred of sunshine today yet it was quite mild. We had a lot to do on the allotment an we were in t-shirts by the afternoon - phew.

Having a bout of insomnia at the mo so have woken up at 4am and I'm surprised to see dense fog! I last looked at Meto about 6pm last night and there was no warning at all, looked again just now and sure enough there's a warning - but not for Bucks....eeek! They should have updated. It's very thick fog here and the M40 is less than a mile away. 

Anyway! Another point for the October Fog Index!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Another calm rain free day.
How nice is it not to have rain to put up with every day.
Sun breaking through now and working outside it feels like summer.

Although everywhere is very damp from a very heavy dew/mist.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Happened to me too on youth club camp!  One of those July belters that goes on for ages. By 4am the rain was coming in and a nearby tree was struck, the situation was untenable so it was decided we would all take our sleeping bags and sleep in the changing rooms of a nearby leisure centre. Then our camp leader lost her contact lenses in the furore and couldn't drive us home, it was a disaster :D.

-

Not a shred of sunshine today yet it was quite mild. We had a lot to do on the allotment an we were in t-shirts by the afternoon - phew.

Having a bout of insomnia at the mo so have woken up at 4am and I'm surprised to see dense fog! I last looked at Meto about 6pm last night and there was no warning at all, looked again just now and sure enough there's a warning - but not for Bucks....eeek! They should have updated. It's very thick fog here and the M40 is less than a mile away. 

Anyway! Another point for the October Fog Index!

Lol, sounded like one of those comedy films about people who want to explore the great outdoors, but everything that can go wrong, goes wrong, all that was missing was a close encounter with a bear:rofl: You are really racking up numbers on the OFI , that must be four snow falls now for you.:shok: I just hope the OFI doesn't turn out to be a load of b****ks

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Lol, sounded like one of those comedy films about people who want to explore the great outdoors, but everything that can go wrong, goes wrong, all that was missing was a close encounter with a bear:rofl: You are really racking up number on the OFI , that must be four snow falls now for you.:shok: I just hope the OFI doesn't turn out to be a load of b****ks

Oh lord, it was worse than that, the night before the storm, one of the kids insisted on eating sandwiches his mother made for him 2 days before instead of camp food and was stuck down with food poisoning and being a senior club member, it was my job to look after him. Not because the other adults were busy, but because they were drunk!! Wouldn't happen these days!! :D 

Looking outside it looks like OFI is going to squeeze in one more October fog night, I think that's 6? I just looked in my wildlife diary (I'm a RSPB member) and apart from some wildlife notes, I noticed that last year on November 1st there was a fog and I noted it was the first foggy day I had seen "in a very long time". So from this I conclude that there was no fog at all here in Bucks last October. And we know what lost winter was like. I'm interested in this October fog folklore!

Edited by Team Squirrel
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Serious question, has there actually been any weather over the last week or so? Or has it literally been cloudy, mild, calm and dry for the entire period.

Edited by Captain Shortwave