Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Been quite nice and sunny this afternoon, just getting overcast now.Just my luck to have a car problem at Tesco, but thanks to the two men who came seperately to my assistance and to the lady who helped as well, restored my faith in human nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A day of chops and changes in the weather here. It started off very Autumnal with mist clearing and a very pleasant couple of hours of sunshine enabling the temp to top out at 14.6C just after mid-day. Then it turned very grey and ominous, the temp fell away, and there was 5 minutes of light rain. But two hours later the sun was back out and it's very pleasant again at the moment. But I see from the radar that rain is approaching so it looks like a wet evening is on the way.

Every picture tells a story:

Satellite 13.15 Cloud Sat 15Oct 13.15.jpg Radar 16.25 Radar Sat 15Oct 16.25.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well just finished work for the week. :yahoo:. And the rain arrives , just typical :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Down in south Essex for the weekend, some sun and some overcast spells, it has felt much warmer today with a southerly wind. There was some rain during the evening.

The outlook is synoptically interesting, but in real terms rather uninteresting with near normal temperatures and a little rain at times in the form of a few showers or fronts hitting blocking to our north east.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted

Anyone else still being bitten by gnats? I have about five large red itchy gnatbites on my legs and arm. hoping the weather changes to very chilly and the biting insects go away soon.They seem to find me very tasty, I could be out with loads of people and only I get bitten.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Day started misty, then sunny, then cloudy, then sunny again, finally a little bit of heavy rain. Didn't feel much warmer than it has been to me today. In fact the high for today is now lol, at 14.6. Strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Anyone else still being bitten by gnats? I have about five large red itchy gnatbites on my legs and arm. hoping the weather changes to very chilly and the biting insects go away soon.They seem to find me very tasty, I could be out with loads of people and only I get bitten.

Does eating garlic not work, or is that just for vampires:cc_confused: Heavy rain here and cool, Autumn has began.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

This pointless rain looks like doing one in hour. Thank god.

I have 2 Schnauzers to walk and a 5k run to complete. 

Bring back the dry weather ASAP 

Posted

Fourth rainbow of the day here. Had a couple of double rainbows.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The morning rain didn't last long at all (about an hour), then it was a day of sunshine and a few showers, not too bad in the end.

Posted

LOL crystal maze just started on c4 . That was the last shower earlier but looks like some approaching the region .

Posted

Massive rumbles of thunder and lightning! Took me by surprise. 

Posted

What a beautiful morning! Blue sky and just a hint of a gentle S/SW breeze. Arpege reckons most of us could be enjoying 16C this afternoon. GFS more bullish with 17C. No work for me this week, so I'll be getting out and soaking up the warmth (ready for the coldest winter since '63 :)).

Today could well be the best day of the week. Cold front coming through tomorrow pulling temps well down and brings some rain. Then high pressure builds in but is centred a little too far west for us so we hold on to a NE/E flow with cloud off the North Sea. So any foggy and frosty mornings will be for the western half of the UK.

• Like 1

Posted

What a lovely sunny start, loads of beautiful towers over the channel and north sea though. If the showers start tracking slightly further north it'll get wet.

Posted

Sunny start here on my commute to work. Some rain has fallen as the ground is wet . Some towers are around too so looks like a sunshine and showers day.

Posted

Just had a short sharp shower in east London whilst the sun was out. Noticeably warmer - didn't need the coat this morning.

Posted

The showers from the channel did move in, one was a cloud burst I think, had a river running down the street within about 30s, only lasted all told about 2 mins. Think there's been around six so far, looks like there's still more about.

Posted

A decent day today with sunny spells and just a gentle south westerly breeze. Warm too.

Posted

Not a bad day at all for mid October. A bit more cloud than I was expecting, but temps still managed to get up to 16.7C here and I see good old Gravesend reached an impressive 17.5C. A good effort from Arpege and GFS with their forecasts.

Out on my walk this afternoon I saw this rather picturesque example of tree fungi growing around an old tree stump that was felled a year back as it was diseased. I think it's the Honey Fungus which is what probably killed the tree in the first place.

Tree Fungi Oct 2016.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

There was some pretty heavy rain this morning, but this cleared before lunch to some sunny spells, it did feel cool in the north westerly wind.