Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am suffering from foot in mouth today, another' everyday' is annoying. Like this lovely oh- so- not- right- at-this- time- of- year weather. It is annoying to dress for. Just about getting it real wearing a coat in the morning, come the afternoon I feel stupid even wearing a cardie. At least with rain I can wear my coat with pride and hide under bubs princess umbrella. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got that definite winter chill in the air in the evenings. After a very warm September, normal October temps feel practically freezing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely in the sun today but that wind! Vile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Unfortunately the job did not go as planned and I left today after just 3 days.. A cocktail of things led to it a long story but it wasn't going to work...

Back to the drawing board and I thinkan outdoor job or my own company is the way forward... 

Roll on the next adventure 

As us old 'uns say, keep your pecker up Surrey. Sometimes things don't work out. Shrug the shoulders and onwards and upwards!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bright and fresh day, a decent few days we have had here though it will probably be the last nice day for a while with more cloud and an increasing chance of showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Another windy day, only got to 14.1 today, but there was more sun than yesterday. highest gust 48mph. Apparent temp only got to 10.7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely in the sun today but that wind! Vile.

Vile easterly for a change instead of vile westerlies lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

So we get our winter/summer high when it can do the best or worse in autumn.

Now we go into the cloudy cool crappy part of the high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

My my everything drys out so quickly in this wind.

Everything is drooping from lack of water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bit more cloud around today, especially during the afternoon, we did see a light shower here as well during the evening. 

Posted

They put one of those new street lights up right out side my house, those really bright white LED ones. Makes it look like it's day light out side. Hope the light will still go out at 1am/12 midnight after the time change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

They put one of those new street lights up right out side my house, those really bright white LED ones. Makes it look like it's day light out side. Hope the light will still go out at 1am/12 midnight after the time change.

Good for spotting snow flakes

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Good for spotting snow flakes

Only good thing about it, I can see it keeping everyone up lol. Out of all the light's in my street, they've only changed this one. Guess they are doing them one at a time.

Posted

Well what an amazing few days to take off. I have been looking at glittery seas and rivers for days, beautiful. In my previous holiday in June, I had to drive home in my PJs because torrential rain has soak though all my jacket and changes of clothes! What a difference.

One of my friends has been moving sledges from stock to shop yesterday (then then bought one herself). I'm sure it's too early in the season for that sort of thing!!!  I hope it's a harbinger of something colder.

Shiny i360 with the sun on the sea in its reflection.

p.s Surrey, I got a job and two hours in I realised I'd made a terrible mistake...and handed my notice in at lunchtime. Best to go for it and realise it's not for you than sit and wonder what if.

DSCN4530.JPG

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh err! Where have England and Wales gone? Very dreary morning here with outbreaks of very light drizzle. I'm off back to Wales later for a few days and was hoping the west of the UK might still be in sunshine.... :nonono:

Satellite 09.30 Cloud Fri 07Oct 09.30.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
On 05/10/2016 at 17:14, Surrey said:

Unfortunately the job did not go as planned and I left today after just 3 days.. A cocktail of things led to it a long story but it wasn't going to work...

Back to the drawing board and I thinkan outdoor job or my own company is the way forward... 

Roll on the next adventure 

sorry to hear it didn't work out-I can remember when I first moved here I went for a couple of jobs, one a customer services manger which at the interview I knew I wasn't going to get because the young girl doing it kept looking at her phone all the time and next was just a shelf filler in boots and I didn't even make it to interview. Bring on a few months and I went for another manager job and ended up doing a job i loved doing before and I was now in charge with my own office. Things happen for a reason, i'm sure something better is heading your way!

As for the weather, what a dark morning and it looks like it's been raining too boot. Could feel a little chill in the air, but still not knock ya socks off cold yet and still pleasant to stand it while they opened the school gate late again \o/

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The weather has turned very grotty indeed. Gloomy, cold with annoying drizzly spells but nothing useful rain-wise. So typical of our awful climate.

Surrey, sorry to hear your new job didn't work out. Something better will turn up :)

Posted
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

cheers peeps :)

Bit of good news is I passed my Theory test yesterday :):) 

Congratulations :) Hope the practical goes as well. Promise to drive safely, be considerate and above all, use your flippin' indicators!!!

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Congratulations :) Hope the practical goes as well. Promise to drive safely, be considerate and above all, use your flippin' indicators!!!

Haha! I have been taught to drive by mum and also a bit of looking online etc and from dad. 

I have learnt in mum's volvo v50 1.6 estate so not an easy car to learn in, especially getting the "tank" round tight roundabouts.

I've had my first few near misses (not my fault) a police car not on call over taking a bike on a blind bend forcing me to slam on the breaks and swerve towards the left. A bike pulled out on me and didn't even stop and I was doing about 30mph 

The best one was someone jumping lights, I've always been taught never trust the lights always look before making the full manvoure. That tested the reaction times a bit.

Mum said to me "imagine everyone on the road can't drive and you don't know what they will do next"

I also got my old job back this afternoon so it's back out into the great outdoors as a gardener!

Back to weather, and so far what a year now it looks like we cool down and get fairly chilly, no sign of the Atlantic for a long time, the dry theme continues, I wonder how much rainfall overall this year has fallen compared to last. 

• Like 1