Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Only had a high of 16.1 today so far, curently 15.9, lot's of showers, but still feels to warm for a jacket thanks to a humidity of 96. But it's also to wet not to wear one. Otherwise a jumper would suffice and would feel about right I think.

Posted

Showers are starting to get much heavier now, like yesterdays rain at time, but for shorter periods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Back from a warm and sunny Wales, saw the fun and games on the news about all the storms and rain.Gutted. :wallbash:

Does anyone know if it actually thundered here after all in Bedford?

Anyways went from humid and hot to almost freezing dropped from 22C in Wales this morning to 15C on the way home. brrrrr.

back to dull and boring weather.

Dami, misser of storms since june 2016.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

And as the colder, darker weather sets in my mood immediately drops without fail. I guess it's partly placebo part mild SAD, but still, this is why I long for summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Lauren said:

And as the colder, darker weather sets in my mood immediately drops without fail. I guess it's partly placebo part mild SAD, but still, this is why I long for summer.

warm and sunny next week:good:

Posted
15 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I find that a bit odd but I'm no neuropsychologist. I quite like this cosy weather following all that heat and humidity, not as if we had a poor summer, more warm spells of weather can not be ruled out even into October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
2 hours ago, Changing Skies. said:

I find that a bit odd but I'm no neuropsychologist. I quite like this cosy weather following all that heat and humidity, not as if we had a poor summer, more warm spells of weather can not be ruled out even into October.

It is odd, there isn't really a solid scientific reason for it other than educated guesses. I don't know why, but it's like someone suddenly turns my inner emotional thermostat down.

Posted

The weather makes no difference to my mood. I kind of like the dark of winter because it gets me excited for spring. Also I'm never as cosy in bed as I am on a winter night! Love seeing the winter migrant birds too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite like Autumn generally. September is the hardest month for me as it's the end of summer which I always find very depressing. But once we get to October and the leaves start changing/falling I enjoy it more, especially if we have fog and frost. 

Cloudy start here but hopefully the sun will break through shortly.

Posted
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Quite like Autumn generally. September is the hardest month for me as it's the end of summer which I always find very depressing. But once we get to October and the leaves start changing/falling I enjoy it more, especially if we have fog and frost. 

I don't like the loss of daylight in the evenings, otherwise autumn is a colourful season.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

I don't like the loss of daylight in the evenings, otherwise autumn is a colourful season.

Don't mind the loss of daylight in Autumn, can start burning all my candles in the evenings again and use the chiminea. Then Dec feels very festive. But once New Year is over please fast-track me to March!

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Don't mind the loss of daylight in Autumn, can start burning all my candles in the evenings again and use the chiminea. Then Dec feels very festive. But once New Year is over please fast-track me to March!

Get fake candles, real ones are a fire hazard:bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I don't particularly like Autumn as it can be very dominated by wet and windy weather. That said this weekend has got pretty close to dire. Down in south Essex and to be frank there has been 0 minutes of sunshine all weekend. Same goes for my trip to SW London yesterday, just endless grey skies.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

September- December to me is the best time of the year :) Birthdays, wedding anniversary, Halloween,  fireworks and the lead up to Christmas at school with the plays and carols. I like the Cosy months when I can snuggle in doors and shut out the nasty weather.

cloudy here today, feels mild but there are breaks in the cloud. Still annoyed I missed out last week with the storms, hoping I will get some snow later in Winter. Doubt there will be any second chances now, September changes from 'thunder watch' to 'snow watch'  after all. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dami said:

September- December to me is the best time of the year :) Birthdays, wedding anniversary, Halloween,  fireworks and the lead up to Christmas at school with the plays and carols. I like the Cosy months when I can snuggle in doors and shut out the nasty weather.

cloudy here today, feels mild but there are breaks in the cloud. Still annoyed I missed out last week with the storms, hoping I will get some snow later in Winter. Doubt there will be any second chances now, September changes from 'thunder watch' to 'snow watch'  after all. 

Going to snow IYBY on the 3rd of December:good:Better go boot shopping:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Fog and frost, remind me what they are lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It appears my moaning has worked, the sun is out now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

But they don't smell as good...

• Like 1

Posted

We have fake candles for Christmas as I like traditional decorations. They are great, perfect especially for Christmas Eve when we are getting ready for santa. Too dangerous to have the real deal with a little one around.

Just add snow =) 

Posted

Not used the fake candles, are they any good (as in bright)? Mine are 3 wick scented ones from a store called Bath & Body Works. They burn for hours and scent the whole house. 

Grotty weekend here, basically no sun at all and very gloomy. Missing the sun and warmth already!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Not used the fake candles, are they any good (as in bright)? Mine are 3 wick scented ones from a store called Bath & Body Works. They burn for hours and scent the whole house. 

Grotty weekend here, basically no sun at all and very gloomy. Missing the sun and warmth already!

They are bright-ish and flicker, but the bulbs in the 'wax' so it just gives out a cosy glow. The downside is the batteries as they don't last a long time, other than that the ones we have are different sizes and do the job. 

Cloudy today and cool. No surprise there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Dismal weekend here with only 2 hours of sunshine and temps Sat 18C and Sun 19C. Hazy blue sky to start this morning courtesy of my location being in the narrow clearer slot showing on the satellite image. Doesn't look like it will last long and then Weds before the sun returns? A coolish 9.6C overnight.

Cloud Mon19Sep 07.45.jpg

Posted

Cloudy and cool outside, still feels rather warm inside though, the humidity must be up. Really quite sweaty this morning.