Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

I was on vitamin D tablets, a year or two ago but that was over my bones, I have OI so it is rather important I have that exposure to the Sun, however melanoma does run on my mum's side so you must be careful...it's all down to location, I could not live in Scotland despite the vastly superior winters, we're a small isle but a rather divided one in terms of who sees what. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Hopefully you'll start to notice the benefits very soon then :good::D

The receptionist said it is vitamin d3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I have SAD, but I think I respond somewhat to winter. For example as Autumn hits and the dark early evenings draw in, I definitely feel a slump in mood and I get a mood boost in those autumn days when we have a little heatwave. I don't think that's coincidence. I wouldn't say it's bad enough to qualify as SAD though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

The receptionist said it is vitamin d3

That's the stuff that most chemists sell... trust me it does work :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say I have SAD, but I think I respond somewhat to winter. For example as Autumn hits and the dark early evenings draw in, I definitely feel a slump in mood and I get a mood boost in those autumn days when we have a little heatwave. I don't think that's coincidence. I wouldn't say it's bad enough to qualify as SAD though.

Evening Lauren :)
I know exactly where you're coming from. 
No heatwave for me... Just the sunny days that do the trick :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

I usually put on half a stone over winter through over eating carbs, and then lose it over summer, without trying as my diet improves with some sun.   I haven't lost much of it this year, even the doc noticed at my last check-up. Oh dear! I'd better try to behave myself :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
17 hours ago, interested & confused said:

I usually put on half a stone over winter through over eating carbs, and then lose it over summer, without trying as my diet improves with some sun.   I haven't lost much of it this year, even the doc noticed at my last check-up. Oh dear! I'd better try to behave myself :oops:

Like myself, even while I do 1500-2000m in the pool every other day I've been putting it on.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted

I'm not trolling here.I personally feel the opposite. i feel down,most of the time, in the summer and love back end of October onwards.Although I love cold crisp winter sunshine.I can make do with 23deg in summer on a few days at a time,but I feel very uncomfortable in moderate heat even.

Wierd ain't it?.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, joggs said:

I'm not trolling here.I personally feel the opposite. i feel down,most of the time, in the summer and love back end of October onwards.Although I love cold crisp winter sunshine.I can make do with 23deg in summer on a few days at a time,but I feel very uncomfortable in moderate heat even.

Wierd ain't it?.

Not really. SAD is a hormone-driven biochemical response while your preference for the darker days is down to emotional preference.  I've always liked autumn for those atmospheric misty days despite that I suffer severe SAD.                                                                                     

• 1 month later...
Posted

Given we are rapidly approaching the SAD season I thought it appropriate to do a BUMP:)

Given the increased sunshine most of us were lucky to see through August did anyone notice a heightening of spirits?  (I did).  I also took every opportunity to sunbathe before I eventually have to unearth my sunlamp.

• Like 2

Posted

I definitely did! Although i suffer normal depression anyway, so i'm pretty much always lethargic/low mood - i have felt much happier and energetic over the last few weeks. Hopefully it's charged me up for the coming winter. I have to say though, I wonder if my SAD would be so bad if we had a mainly anticyclonic winter with crisp/bright conditions? I honestly don't mind winter so much when it's like that, but endless weeks of grey, wind and rain really break me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I definitely did! Although i suffer normal depression anyway, so i'm pretty much always lethargic/low mood - i have felt much happier and energetic over the last few weeks. Hopefully it's charged me up for the coming winter. I have to say though, I wonder if my SAD would be so bad if we had a mainly anticyclonic winter with crisp/bright conditions? I honestly don't mind winter so much when it's like that, but endless weeks of grey, wind and rain really break me.

That is our winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 5 September 2016 at 01:44, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Given we are rapidly approaching the SAD season I thought it appropriate to do a BUMP:)

Given the increased sunshine most of us were lucky to see through August did anyone notice a heightening of spirits?  (I did).  I also took every opportunity to sunbathe before I eventually have to unearth my sunlamp.

Certainly have felt better since late July. August was a very nice month here with lots of sunshine which was a big boost after that rotten June and first half of July. My mood rapidly spiralled down with early September having 5 gloomy November-like days on the trot but next week looks nice at least. I'm not dreading Autumn and Winter, they can be magical in their own way but I just hope they have plenty of sunshine and not endless gloom.

• Like 1