Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 16/07/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, William Grimsley said:

I'm on about a weather forecast at the Met Office, oh really? Well, if you take a look at the weather forecast for here, it says thunderstorms. :p

whatever..........to quote from the met office...."A very warm and humid evening and night, especially across Gloucestershire, Bristol and Wiltshire. Most places will remain dry with clear intervals, although a few showers or thunderstorms will break out locally, these most likely across Cornwall and Devon. Minimum Temperature 15 °C."............take from that what you will, if you think that means your house will be in the epicentre of a good storm then be my guest.....What I take from that forecast and all the others is that most places will remain dry  small risk of showers and storms the further west in the region you are

anyhoos, I cant;really be bothered going on about west country weather semantics, I'd have more fun cutting my toe nails if I'm honest :wink:

• Like 8

Posted

Are these clouds of any importance - mid level instability?

image.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
3 minutes ago, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

When look at metoffice  rain fall radar I was little shower in Bridgewater that could turn in something big

No, there's nothing there...

Anyway, AJ, why the reaction? This heat is obviously taking a toll on people's temper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anyone genuinely expected thunderstorms anywhere in southern England tonight will likely be disappointed. There is plenty of instability and potential energy in the atmosphere so a very isolated storm or two can't be entirely discounted, but for the overwhelming majority it's going to simply be a revoltingly sticky night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
Just now, Nick L said:

Anyone genuinely expected thunderstorms anywhere in southern England tonight will likely be disappointed. There is plenty of instability and potential energy in the atmosphere so a very isolated storm or two can't be entirely discounted, but for the overwhelming majority it's going to simply be a revoltingly sticky night.

Oh aye?

Sorry.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Nick L said:

yes, same places will get storms tonight, the same places that see snow off Atlantic breakdown, reminds me of that location wise, south missing out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

When did I say they would be widespread. Think I'm going to stick to the UKWW forum, I can get through a day without getting slaughtered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

No, there's nothing there...

Anyway, AJ, why the reaction? This heat is obviously taking a toll on people's temper.

I haven't got a clue what you're ........................nah, can't be bothered....stay on topic please

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, William Grimsley said:

When did I say they would be widespread. Think I'm going to stick to the UKWW forum, I can get through a day without getting slaughtered.

I never said you said they were going to be widespread, I didn't even quote or directly aim my post at you so not sure what this reaction is about?

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Oh aye?

Sorry.

Steady on now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
1 minute ago, William Grimsley said:

William that's uncalled for, the only reason people may go against your view is because it can mislead people, it's not just been your recent opinion. No one is having a go at you.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

Mettoffice rain fall rader showers in lands  end moving up south west and there still little showers in bridgewater might turn in to something big

Posted
5 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

It's your condescending tone i think mate especially when you're questioning some of the more informed posters on the site.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
2 minutes ago, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

Mettoffice rain fall rader showers in lands  end moving up south west and there still little showers in bridgewater might turn in to something big

Nothing showing anywhere near Bridgwater mate.

Seems to be going roughly to plan so far with destabilization occuring South of Ireland & down towards the far SW peninsula.

Posted

Well BBC weather seem to be writing off severe storms at 6:30, no mention of severe storms and many of the thunderstorms being in the Irish Sea then into Scotland.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted
14 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Was that even aimed at you?

Posted

heres going to be a storm later right over my house while i'm at work typical good job iv got my ip cam recording 24/7.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

i check the real-time lightning map, so far all lightning strikes are over the ocean

Just to the west of Ireland, and also way out to sea in the Atlantic

Be interesting to see how this all evolves now

Here, locally, more clouds around now, which is making it feel even more humid

It doesn't reach 30c often round these parts

Posted

BBC weather showed little or nothing coming here now shower wise,but will we see a record warm night 23c further SE WOW.

GFS differs to agree.

http://wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn184.html

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Chill guys - we want storms in the atmosphere, not among ourselves! If the heat's getting to you, take a cool shower. Otherwise just relax and enjoy whatever you get...

• Like 1

Posted

.....back on topic........some cas with virga way off to my north west drifting up from the south west, bodes well for areas ooop north later tonight/tomorrow...good luck chaps/chapesses :D