Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

At last we seem to have a decent enough nov for cold weather fans on the cards. Been rare in recent years.

My fav weather type for nov has always been cold frosty type weather,i may be in luck this year. I dont mind waiting for any possible snow until dec.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sigh, Midlands worst again tomorrow, this HP sucks! dull, drizzly and dismal, but as it's only 0ct 30th and I live low level South, at least it will be mild!

20161029.1639.PPVE89.png

Posted
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Today's warm spot looks to be Hull at 19c

That must have been very localised as we only had a max of 16.3C here just 7 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Leconfield 16c also so must of been localised, unless direct sunlight touched the sensor :p

4 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

When was the last time when we an entire Autumn without at least one storm coming in off the Atlantic?

*touch wood*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Today is the warmest Halloween on record for Wales with Trawsgoed hitting 22.2c

A growing tend of the past few years 2014 broke the all-time UK record with 23.6c

• Like 1

Posted

Proper warm in Gods own county today!!...unfortunately i was working so no access to the old weather station in the back garden but the sun on the back was really warm as i trotted out with the hounds at work this aft!!...still 11.5 deg though as I've landed back home at 1705 hrs...loving it !!,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Proper taste of Autumn/Winter coming up,home tonight to a lovely fresh 6c,so much nicer,curtains shut,pop the fire on for a bit,whats not to like!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yesterday was a nice day - reached 17C with sunshine, but also mistiness - felt very mellow and cosy combined with the colourful foliage. Very pleasant autumn weather, though it didn't stop people wearing coats anyway (I think it's psychological - in their mind it's autumn so it must be cold etc etc).

This evening.. down to 3.8C already. Brrrrrr. This is lower than any temperature I've recorded so far this autumn and already lower than the forecast low of 4C.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Next week

Not as cold

Some rain at times

Drier in the south

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/37841367

don't mind yet SS, as not even winter, let's have it mild for now, but GFS on last few runs seems to be looking very 2000+ normal in FI, with Atlantic air, by late Nov, I certainly think we will have usual sight, strong PV etc, no sign of cold gfs-0-216.png?12

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted

What a fantastic start to the Autumn working day 2c,gin clear blue sky tinged with the orange of sunrise,fresh clean northern sourced air,long may it continue,proper Autumn at last!!:)

• Like 2

Posted

Not often i get a 30c drop in walking out of work!! Nearly 5hrs in 37/38c hospital decom room,kindly let out the back 2 doors and even i shivered,had the heating on in the car for goodness sake! Fantastic Autumn so far,the colours are by far the best for many many years,stunning drive home,nature is just showing off:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I woke up at around 5am this morning to let my dog out, looked up and saw a sky full of very bright, dazzling stars - it was also exceptionally dark. It's been a while since I saw that many stars in the night sky here - even with light pollution it was beautiful. You don't see that in summer because the nights are too short.

Cold, clear weather + long nights = amazing night sky. Well worth getting up at 5am.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

Old fashioned bonfire night coming up,first for many years,will make a change to get nearer the bonfire to keep warm!! Will bring back childhood memories for a few i suspect.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Old fashioned bonfire night coming up,first for many years,will make a change to get nearer the bonfire to keep warm!! Will bring back childhood memories for a few i suspect.

Indeed, cold and crisp and DRY for many. Makes a change

• Like 1