Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
56 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

nothing  developed enough for sferics yet. 

I expect new cells will  develop around the region now if this is the convergence  zone, as there is a lot of CAPE

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I expect new cells will  develop around the region now if this is the convergence  zone, as there is a lot of CAM

I think there is a bit of an energy transference too. The line is building on its eastern edge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

was just going to pop out to photo some rather nice cloud bases when there was this noise and sudden huge drops of rain as i opened the door, smacking it down so I stayed dry. Needless to saw my neighbour got wet running to her car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot thundery summers, cold snowy winters

Just heard a few rumbles if thunder in derby

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hold the front page - distant rumble of thunder from a small cell close to Fakenham. That makes 2 rumbles of thunder this year!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Very dark to the east and south. 

• Like 1

Posted

No sferics yet. Come on, electrify!

Posted

The wind seems to have  switched  180°, so I think this is the convergence. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Warm sunny spells here now after a cloudy dull day, My view to the South with Derby in the distance over the hills..

20160614_172042_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Torrential rain and 3 good claps of thunder here just north of Derby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
42 minutes ago, BeckyB said:

Just heard a few rumbles if thunder in derby

Yes I'm just up the road from derby just off a38 and it's been throwing it down non stop for the last 20 mins and the street looks like a crazy torrent. Only 3 cracks of thunder though.

Posted

has there actually been any notable thundery activity in that rain band across chesire , the way the bbc had those dancing lighntning graphics , (yet again) filckering away on their forcast across south lancs , cheshire, north wales, you would think there would be a decent storm now,   this is fifth day on the trot a big fail as far as thunder is forecast for the NW,

for this so called week of thundery showers and sunny spells its been grey overcast clagg and a spells of drizzle and occassional moderate/ heavyish rain all the way, today there is a bit of an impovement this afernnoon and slighty resembles one of those heavy showers and sunny spells days,  off to the gym now, nowt going to happen here

Edited by IanR
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The odd rumble and some torrential rain. Went and had a drive round in it and plenty of water on the roads around the city.

Posted
3 minutes ago, IanR said:

has there actually been any notable thundery activity in that rain band across chesire , the way the bbc had those dancing lighntning graphics , (yet again) filckering away on their forcast across south lancs , cheshire, north wales, you would think there would be a decent storm now,   this is fifth day on the trot a big fail as far as thunder is forecast for the NW,

for this so called week of thundery showers and sunny spells its been grey overcast clagg and a spells of drizzle and occassional moderate/ heavyish rain all the way, today there is a bit of an impovement this afernnoon and slighty resembles one of those heavy showers and sunny spells days,  off to the gym now, nowt going to happen here

Walsall and Dudley and Brum had another decent session earlier this afternoon - yes

Posted
4 minutes ago, IanR said:

There has been thunder and lightning with those cells.