Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like something is starting to build here. Some alto cumulus I think Moving north maybe northeast slowly.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was a very dull start with a lot of low cloud, this mostly cleared by 8am and then on we have seen some sunny spells but also periods of thicker high level cloud. It has reached 25C today and it does feel very humid out there.

Posted
2 hours ago, Man With Beard said:

Been mostly cloudy here this morning after a boiling start, but clouds starting to break again and temps back on the way up, nearly 26C - so areas like yours Cableguy probably going to get some more sunny spells in the next couple of hours.

Stansted already at 28C. Satellite showing little cloud from E Sussex right up the east side of London and up to Norfolk. 30C is going to reached somewhere quite easily, in fact, I'd think 90F is possible again.

ok - 32C looking unlikely now, surprisingly nowhere has got beyond 28.3 yet even though we don't have wall-to-wall cloud in the region. Still might see a 30C.

Posted

Lots of potential for the SE this afternoon, from approx 15z onwards. Better from 18z onwards - although strong forcing looks slim to non-existent.  Cold front moving over SE doesn't move over the area until 6z Friday: so, as Estofex says, really bad timing looks to limit the severity of any storms.

skewt1.gif

skewt2.gif

skewt3.gif

front.gif

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 3

Posted
19 hours ago, loopydreamer said:

Oops yes... the chilterns ;)

Hello fellow Chilterneer!

Big fat, convective raindrops - nice but I'd like more and something with a bit of electricity. And so muggy walking is like swimming in a Cuppa Soup. Feels warmer that the 25.5.c the temp is showing. This heat lover has not enjoyed the last few days, it's made me feel quite ill and it makes physical work so difficult.I'm craving autumn now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

just finished raining here again.  been out with bubs playing it's lovely .much nicer than the 27c in the living room. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some elevated showers up here now, they are however only producing steady rain. 

Posted

Looking forward to cooler/fresher conditions now, humidity is crazy. If this hot/humid spell can't provide any sparks it can do one.

Edited by Cableguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
4 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

Looking forward to cooler/fresher conditions now, humidity is crazy. If this hot/humid spell it can't provide any sparks it can do one.

Agreed mate!

If it won't bring the fireworks, then it can sod off far as I am concerned too, total waste.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely blue sky here in chessington having  some outdoor time with the kids . We have been lucky in the southeast careful what you wish for . It's better than a summer full of wind and rain. Just ask the north westerners 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This morning's Arpege forecast for max temps had the right profile (coolest in the north of the Region, warmest in the south) but today's results show it was too pessimistic. Max here a very nice 27.9C in often hazy sunshine and high patchy cloud. And I see Gravesend managed 28.9C. But not so clever for Norwich that only managed 20.7C.

There's not been any members reporting it, but I see Norfolk (just NE of Fakenham) had a couple of lightening strikes just after 18.00 this evening from a cell that appeared seemingly from nowhere.

Lightening 18.10 Lightening Thur25Aug 18.10.jpg Radar 18.20 Radar Thur25Aug 18.20.jpg

The Beeb forecast on this evening's News did show a lightening strike graphic for Norfolk for 05.00 tomorrow morning. Will anyone stay up to see if they're right? :)

Beeb for Fri 05.00 BBC Forecast Fri26Aug 05.00.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Typical!! That storm in Norfolk really developed as soon as it disappeared out to sea!  :angry:

Lightening Thur25Aug 19.10.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had a very clear blue sky for a while, now another patch of alto cumulus with some patches of ac cas is coming through. 

Today's high, 26.7 not sure if dp went above 19.9 or not. It's now down to 18.5. 

Posted

the  stuff  over  isle of  white  has  that  got  our  name on  it  i hope  so we  need  rain  here its  boiling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

This morning's Arpege forecast for max temps had the right profile (coolest in the north of the Region, warmest in the south) but today's results show it was too pessimistic. Max here a very nice 27.9C in often hazy sunshine and high patchy cloud. And I see Gravesend managed 28.9C. But not so clever for Norwich that only managed 20.7C.

There's not been any members reporting it, but I see Norfolk (just NE of Fakenham) had a couple of lightening strikes just after 18.00 this evening from a cell that appeared seemingly from nowhere.

Lightening 18.10 Lightening Thur25Aug 18.10.jpg Radar 18.20 Radar Thur25Aug 18.20.jpg

The Beeb forecast on this evening's News did show a lightening strike graphic for Norfolk for 05.00 tomorrow morning. Will anyone stay up to see if they're right? :)

Beeb for Fri 05.00 BBC Forecast Fri26Aug 05.00.jpg

North-west Nofolk has seemed to have been a magnet for storms this past few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit yucky today here, very humid and loads of annoying cloud that didn't do anything. Still managed 28C though, pretty good. Hopefully clearer skies will return soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Good luck, might happen.

lol if nothing happens by 1.01 am then i'm going to:lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Be a cloudy muggy day here. Just had a little shower of big rain drops, nothing was showing on the radar at the time.