Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Oops yes... the chilterns ;)

Anywhere near Dunstable or Whipsnade, Loopy?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Anywhere near Dunstable or Whipsnade, Loopy?

I am much further south than you. A village a few miles outside high wycombe :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So tomorrow

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160824;t

Some models still suggesting some decent sunny spells, especially towards London and Kent where again 90F would be possible, the Euro4 suggest a high of 27/28C across the far south east with the low twenties elsewhere. Very dependent on sunshine amounts of course. But still the chance of another hot one tomorrow for some.

Beyond this,

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160824;t   

Friday looks pretty decent with temperatures in the mid to high twenties. Conditions looks pretty sunny with just the outside chance of a shower.

Saturday onwards still looks uncertain, some models look warm, some cool and wet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Been very hot here will a Max of 35c as recorded by the car. Started to cloud over around 5. Had a few spots of rain and temp i now 22c and feeling fresher. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

Oops yes... the chilterns ;)

Was looking for the childrens  on google maps:fool:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

just a few spots of rain still here.

Spoiler

:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

lol even the weather station has lost hope now, has said showers later all day, now say's fine weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lightning here now. Some scattered pulse storms moving up here now, the same ones which hit west London earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, loopydreamer said:

I am much further south than you. A village a few miles outside high wycombe :)

I'm in Suffolk these days, LD, but my cousins were born and brought up in Chesham/Chalfont St Giles. I can't imagine that that's too far from your new home...I even went to Wembley (my knees have gone all trembly!) to see Chesham lose 0-1 to Leytonstone way back in 1968(?)...My God I'm ancient!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Just seen a few flashes of lightning in the distance towards the south/east. Moderate rain falling now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Clouded over here around 6-7pm (not sure as we had friends over), but it's very humid after a hot day with mainly cirroform clouds until the aforementioned high-level cloud invasion earlier this evening.  Any thoughts as to the chances of storms this far north-east within the region overnight?

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

So tomorrow

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160824;t

Some models still suggesting some decent sunny spells, especially towards London and Kent where again 90F would be possible, the Euro4 suggest a high of 27/28C across the far south east with the low twenties elsewhere. Very dependent on sunshine amounts of course. But still the chance of another hot one tomorrow for some.

Beyond this,

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmlo;date=20160824;t   

Friday looks pretty decent with temperatures in the mid to high twenties. Conditions looks pretty sunny with just the outside chance of a shower.

Saturday onwards still looks uncertain, some models look warm, some cool and wet.

Liking that first chart for tomorrow, the 32C is right over my house :) Looking at the satellite and track of that lot of cloud coming up from NW France and Portugal, it's a very fine whether we'll see sun tomorrow....if so, more heat. The fax charts to me suggested a very warm Saturday but may have changed again. Challenging week for the forecasters for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Great to get to an official max of 31.7C here in my part of Suffolk today, as measured at Wattisham Air Base just down the road. :)

Rainfall radar shows the track of the current storms (which aren't very widespread). Generally moving NE, but there is an eastward 'creep' to the movement, so difficult to pin down how far east these and other (later) storms will finally get?

Rainfall 21.00 Rainfall Wed24Aug 21.10.jpg  Lightening 21.20 Lightening Wed24Aug 21.20.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

Great to get to an official max of 31.7C here in my part of Suffolk today, as measured at Wattisham Air Base just down the road. :)

Rainfall radar shows the track of the current storms (which aren't very widespread). Generally moving NE, but there is an eastward 'creep' to the movement, so difficult to pin down how far east these and other (later) storms will finally get?

Rainfall 21.00 Rainfall Wed24Aug 21.10.jpg  Lightening 21.20 Lightening Wed24Aug 21.20.jpg

Evening Malcolm - I suspect those cells developing over Surrey may affect our part of the region around midnight - do you concur?

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Evening Malcolm - I suspect those cells developing over Surrey may affect our part of the region around midnight - do you concur?

I do Chris. The 'creep' east looks like it's developing more impetus. As you say, those developments over Surrey may well be heading our way. :)

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I do Chris. The 'creep' east looks like it's developing more impetus. As you say, those developments over Surrey may well be heading our way. :)

They appear to be weakening - part of the "pulsing" effect, perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Not sure where 30 plus comes for tomorrow also comments on very warm on saturday.

Again MO 7 dayer shows 21 c for sat for here and 25c for tomorrow.

Not sure I would use that Euro 4 to be honest everytime I look at it from posts on here its rather poor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Not sure where 30 plus comes for tomorrow also comments on very warm on saturday.

Again MO 7 dayer shows 21 c for sat for here and 25c for tomorrow.

Not sure I would use that Euro 4 to be honest everytime I look at it from posts on here its rather poor.

I wouldn't be suprised if 30c was reached after all only last night BBC / met showed 29c for toady but infact 32c was reached widely and above in a few places . I think they are playing it safe after saying 30s a couple of weeks ago which ended up as mid to upper 20s. Easy for me to say hey. :-)

Posted
12 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

They appear to be weakening - part of the "pulsing" effect, perhaps?

I've been out earlier this evening but have just checked the latest high res model output Chris, and they did suggest the instability would melt away later this evening - exactly what appears to be happening. So I suspect we've missed the storm action this evening (but showers may still effect us). On a more positive note, the same models show a better chance of seeing some storms here in the east of our Region tomorrow late afternoon. We'll see! :)

Posted
Just now, Blessed Weather said:

I've been out earlier this evening but have just checked the latest high res model output Chris, and they did suggest the instability would melt away later this evening - exactly what appears to be happening. So I suspect we've missed the storm action this evening (but showers may still effect us). On a more positive note, the same models show a better chance of seeing some storms here in the east of our Region tomorrow late afternoon. We'll see! :)

At least I may sleep better that way!

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure tonight will be as cool as the forecast was saying, guess we'll see. They think the min will be around 18, I just hope it is cooler than last nights 21.

Posted

Pressure seems to be rising here again, is the European high supposed to fight back?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

still raining here

And still warm, 23C

• Like 1