Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

It just feels like we have moved 1,000 miles south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
54 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Cracker yesterday. Reached 27.7C here I see many places achieved 31C including Cambridge, Gravesend and Heathrow. I reckon today these locations could be reporting 32C. Phew it's gonna be a scorcher! :)

The latest Met Office Fax Charts show the slow moving Cold Front demarking the boundary between hot (for us) and average (behind it) has put back the clearance from the SE corner on Friday by a few hours, so cloud and rain could still be spoiling the day until later than yesterday's charts were suggesting. And then courtesy of a developing slack Low moving up from France, the front changes direction and returns as a Warm Front bringing warmth but some patchy rain back for Saturday.

Charts for Fri 12.00, Sat 00.00 and Sat 12.00:

Met Off Fax Chart on Wed for Fri26Aug 12.00.jpgMet Off Fax Chart on Wed for Sat27Aug 00.00.jpgMet Off Fax Chart on Wed for Sat27Aug 12.00.jpg

Interesting. Looks like Saturday could be hot again for S England? Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted

24.5c on the coast at 9am, seriously....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had an interesting bed time. 'Binman' who's house is now let and therefore we are expecting new neighbours any time soon came back at 10pm, every light in the house on, car lights flashing on/off in front of our house, voices, bangs, doors opening and closing, windows banged shut.He is also finding it funny to dump his wives old tights around the village or i should say our house, already picked up 4 pairs and just found another 2. Then his 'old' neighbour came home from work and also flashed our house with his new supar dupar car headlights and the lady a few doors down was fussing around as a van appeared and parked in her drive. All this and the temperature in the house was just over 27c with our new hamsters making a racket downstairs. It all happens here in this village.

But anyway. Nice and sweaty hot already, no breeze and i'm sitting under a slight thunderstorm, but won't happen chance.

ho hum time for a coffee and tellytubbies.  

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted

Bring on the bloody winter now.

Barely slept last night, woke up at about 3 in a bed of sweat, absolutely scorching even at night. At least in the day it's easier to do things to cool yourself down, night time in this weather is just an absolute nightmare. Butt naked with no covers and still feeling like you're in the dessert :D

• Like 1

Posted

Get your self a fan, best buy you can have in the summer bar a air com.

Get decent one they are very quiet nowadays.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sky was cloud less, now some cloud building. Starts as little wisps then eventually get to castellanus. Alined SW to NE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

According to the HP, it's dry, sunny, calm and 0C; one of those values is a wee bit suspect, however...:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Get your self a fan, best buy you can have in the summer bar a air com.

Get decent one they are very quiet nowadays.

Absolutely agree, for less that £20 you can get a nice quiet fan that makes sleeping easy. I do the same in Spain, no need for aircon. 

27C here already, loving this weather (especially as I have the week off work hehe). Fingers crossed for a decent weekend.

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely agree, for less that £20 you can get a nice quiet fan that makes sleeping easy. I do the same in Spain, no need for aircon. 

27C here already, loving this weather (especially as I have the week off work hehe). Fingers crossed for a decent weekend.

For all your moans about the weather.
You have timed a week off to perfection, lol......

You now forgo the right to moan about the wind or rain lol......:D

• Like 2

Posted

think today is going to be a scorcher even hotter than yesterday. I don't think I have ever been so hot on a southeastern train last night... yes I am a bit overweight but wow I have never sweated so much. shorts and flip flops tonight. I kid you not. packed them this morning cant deal with that again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

I have an industrial strength turbo one:diablo:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

For all your moans about the weather.
You have timed a week off to perfection, lol......

You now forgo the right to moan about the wind or rain lol......:D

The roster gods were kind this month for sure.

Do I moan that much? Didn't realise lol. Have to say that it's only really Spring and especially Summer that is very important to me weather wise. I detest cloud, wind and suppressed temps in Summer, as I get older I struggle with it mentally. So a month like June does me no favours but this August has been very nice for the most part. It's also due to having an unusually high number of poorer summers in the last decade. Cumulative effects, and all that!

• Like 3

Posted

26.2 here but feels a lot hotter in the humidity, dp is also very high at 18.1. Would not want to be in the hot spots today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Another beautiful day here, although a bit more cloud than yesterday. Currently at 30.9C, but it's rising quickly, so possibly could reach 32-33C later. 

Edited by LetItSnow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Very hot outside, little bit of cirrus around. Nudging 30C, maybe 31. 

Posted

31C here. Feels hotter than yesterday as there is little wind. Must be lovely on the beaches :)

Posted

If those first lot of storms holds together, things could get going in a few hours for some, mostly eastern parts of west country though with  south central England though I think. They made it over Biscay so must be elevated.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Worth a look at http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/ right now - ignoring the values that are obviously wrong, most of the region currently 30C+ and areas to the east of London comfortably 32C-34C. 

Maxed at 30.5C even here by the coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well weatheronline is having issues so getting a temperature for my area is proving difficult but it looks likely that it is around 28/29C here, not as hot as further south due to that north easterly wind developing. It has been sunny all day long.

Ah meteociel you lifesaver

temp_uk.png

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Just reached 32.0C here. Absolutely sweltering inside the house. Cooler weather can't come soon enough!