Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Didn't sleep to bad last night. Woke up to it being 22c at around 7:30am. Temperature is no 24c with a lovely cooling wind and wall to wall cloud. 

Good day for getting all the washing done. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms and Blizzards.

26/7C Here in Bedford, some broken low cloud and a nice breeze.

Sleep was ok last night with all the windows open.

My commiserations for those of you working in this weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Creeping up towards 28c here again, but it's pretty breezy and the sky is starting to fill with milky white cloud now. I think this is about the peak of the heat, I did think we might squeeze 30c again, but that may be reserved for somewhere in Norfolk which has the clearer skies. Not a bad day though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I was quite surprised to see the milky cloud, although the sun is trying it's best to come though. The wind is lovely. Perfect drying weather. Both for the kitchen i have washed inside and out and the line of washing. This temp with the wind is perfect for me.

The ants have gone for now:ninja:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

My nearest official weather station ( Herstmonceux, 11.7 miles away ) has now reported an impressive rise in temperature in the last hour.

21.5c at midnight and now 24c at 1am.

Mine did that but earlier. The midnight tem was at around 24.

The lowest temp for between midnight and 8:00 was 21.2 at 8:00 lol. Now it's much cooler than yesterday but more humid, with lots of cloud blowing about in 30mph gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
21 minutes ago, Dami said:

I was quite surprised to see the milky cloud, although the sun is trying it's best to come though. The wind is lovely. Perfect drying weather. Both for the kitchen i have washed inside and out and the line of washing. This temp with the wind is perfect for me.

The ants have gone for now:ninja:

I didn't realise a big lump of cloud was going to sweep in either.....though looking at the satellite sequence over the last few hours, it does appear that the back edge is well defined, and it should clear through this afternoon to leave more sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, cjwardy said:

Anyone noticed what's heading out of north France towards the SE?

Ferry?

• Like 7

Posted

I was in Kingston yesterday afternoon - topped out at 32c and indeed a similar value in East Ham but by the time I got home, the refreshing breeze from the Estuary had brought the temperature down to 28c. Very warm overnight - haven't heard if the night time record went.

After early sunshine, a veil of milky high cloud has invaded and the temperature has eased back to 23c. I think 30c is looking doubtful now but interesting to see another pulse of heat through the weekend with 27-28c quite possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Full cloud cover here now and feeling ok with the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Where did Summer go? 22c cloudy, ridiculously strong wind, and not a particularly warm one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

nah no storms for me but hubs went to the shop and brought chocolate shortcake, donuts and cookies.

Posted
38 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

Where did Summer go? 22c cloudy, ridiculously strong wind, and not a particularly warm one

its on its way back in the next hour or 2 lol

• Like 1

Posted

Night from hell definitely up there with the worst ever the house has cooled down a bit but it must have been 30 plus upstairs never got much sleep I envy your breezes, another lovely albeit more pleasant day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Currently 28C with hazy sunshine and fresh but hardly refreshing SSW breeze. 29C indoors!

Couldn't we have a 'melting' smiley? So glad I'm not a plastic surgeon!:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right, Ice cream's are on me. What does everyone want?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now under undulatus clouds. It's a muggy as Hell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
1 hour ago, Swave Snow said:

its on its way back in the next hour or 2 lol

Phew! Thought we'd lost it then, I finally see some sun out of my office window :) 

Posted
2 hours ago, dubmuffin said:

Had worst winds for a while here in North Kent really blowing a gale this morning and cloudy but now died down and blue skies and roasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
6 hours ago, Weather Boy said:

Does anybody know what the overnight London min was this morning and whether the record was broken?  I'm guessing not.  I'm also assuming that London will see the highest minima.

My min was 20.1C. I think that's the first time I've recorded a double digit min starting with a '2' and therefore it's a record for me.

Looking at the met office previous 24 hour records it looks like the main contenders were Crosby, Heathrow and Benson.

Crosby kept good heat up until 6am, where it was still 22.6c, but it then fell off a cliff down to 19.1c at 7am

Benson kept its heat for longer, then dropped to 22.0c by 7am

Heathrow kept most of its heat falling to 22.8c at 5am and climbing shortly after, I'm pretty sure that this was the highest minimum temperature last night, the site bottomed out at 22.8c again this morning at 10am

The UK overall record is 23.9c from Brighton, 3rd August 1990, I have no idea of local London records

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map#?map=Temperature&zoom=7&lon=-2.89&lat=53.19&fcTime=1468944000

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcpsvg2yz

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
46 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

Looking at the met office previous 24 hour records it looks like the main contenders were Crosby, Heathrow and Benson.

Crosby kept good heat up until 6am, where it was still 22.6c, but it then fell off a cliff down to 19.1c at 7am

Benson kept its heat for longer, then dropped to 22.0c by 7am

Heathrow kept most of its heat falling to 22.8c at 5am and climbing shortly after, I'm pretty sure that this was the highest minimum temperature last night, the site bottomed out at 22.8c again this morning at 10am

The UK overall record is 23.9c from Brighton, 3rd August 1990, I have no idea of local London records

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map#?map=Temperature&zoom=7&lon=-2.89&lat=53.19&fcTime=1468944000

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcpsvg2yz

Cheers for that.  I read on here that the record was London.  But looks clear that the record was nowhere near being broken.

Thanks,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started off sunny and windy, then cloudy and windy, after that sunny and windy again. Now less wind foggy and humid as hell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

After a cloudy morning it brightened up with very long sunny skies before a few clouds bubbled up for an hour or two. 

Its now back to sunny skies with a sheet of clear blue moving in from the SW. Yes please.

Another stunning day and just reached 29.5c here. 

Although I'm in the yellow warning area of rain, as confirmed by the met office very hit and miss, let's hope so. With the way things are shaping up here going into the evening, I see little sign of any showers with clouds disappearing fast. Makes a change. 

BBQ this evening  it is then :-)