Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had the same weather as yeaterday, very light convective showers. One was a bit heavier but no thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

I hope so! I'm looking forward to being outside a lot more. Might even be allowed a weather station on the shed, who knows! (management of my flats told me I couldn't have one!)

Although my tiny garden loved the rain, I'd rather be traipsing up and down the stairs and have the opportuney to go to the park and enjoy some sunshine. I walked home in that rain showers and hour ago...and even though I had a waterproof coat on, I was cold...COLD!! in July!!

Yep, disgusting weather continues! Scraped 19C at Heathrow, really bad. Challenging for home grown produce (rotting fruit, butternut squash not growing much) but the gooseberries are fabulous this year. How long is the wait for an allotment? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yesterday was okay I guess, it was dry with some sunny spells in the end. Temperatures were disappointing at 18/19C.

Today should be better with temperatures back to around the seasonal norm with some fine sunny spells.

Posted
10 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, disgusting weather continues! Scraped 19C at Heathrow, really bad. Challenging for home grown produce (rotting fruit, butternut squash not growing much) but the gooseberries are fabulous this year. How long is the wait for an allotment? 

Allotments are a shifty business in my town and they get closed and developed, so I applied for one in a nearby village a 10 minute bike ride away. Because most people in the village already have gardens, the allotments have a short waiting list, so I might be invited to view this October! 

I'm pleased to hear lassie's courgettes are doing ok - but my vine pumpkins are really slow this year. In the heat of 2013 I grew s 36kg pumpkin at my Dad's old garden - if there is one thing I know about the squash family is they love sunshine. I wonder how the commercial growers are doing?

Back to the weather and this week has been so annoying. the flip flop-ing of the charts mean I have change my plans for the weekend about 5 times and even cancelled a hotel booking. Sunday is looking reasonable - but that will probably change again tomorrow!!

Wonder what this winter will be like? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Allotments are a shifty business in my town and they get closed and developed, so I applied for one in a nearby village a 10 minute bike ride away. Because most people in the village already have gardens, the allotments have a short waiting list, so I might be invited to view this October! 

I'm pleased to hear lassie's courgettes are doing ok - but my vine pumpkins are really slow this year. In the heat of 2013 I grew s 36kg pumpkin at my Dad's old garden - if there is one thing I know about the squash family is they love sunshine. I wonder how the commercial growers are doing?

Back to the weather and this week has been so annoying. the flip flop-ing of the charts mean I have change my plans for the weekend about 5 times and even cancelled a hotel booking. Sunday is looking reasonable - but that will probably change again tomorrow!!

Wonder what this winter will be like? 

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/twocontent.aspx?type=hpnews&id=3300&title=Winter+2016%2f17  

Link to an early look at winter from theweatheroutlook. My courgettes are starting to rot:vava:Sunny and warm here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lovely day so far today, clear blue sky, warm with a breeze to make things comfortable. Perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not as warm as it has been during the morning, the cardie firmly in place and not taken off.

Was a bit cloudy first thing, but even when it broke up, the clouds do look rainy so i wasn't surprised we had some drizzle in the forecast later. In fact I was even say it looked a bit stormy.

We are now over cast with the sun trying it's best. 

Swimming tomorrow so i'll let it warm up a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had our first properly sunny day for a while yesterday, with fluffy cumulus.  Normal service may be resumed today, as the clouds have rolled in and are trying to block the sun.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
Correcting typo.

Posted
On 7/14/2016 at 15:17, lassie23 said:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/twocontent.aspx?type=hpnews&id=3300&title=Winter+2016%2f17  

Link to an early look at winter from theweatheroutlook. My courgettes are starting to rot:vava:Sunny and warm here

Thanks for the link, interesting. I'm sure I read someone on Twitter joking with meteorologist about the freezing winter ahead. I've known courgettes go mushy when the balance on sun and rain isn't right. My pumpkin flowers are over-run with ants at the moment..really not holding out hope for any pumpkins this year.

Yet another sunny morning is cloudy by lunchtime.  Gutted Sundays is looking humid and cloudy rather than sunny now. And now it's raining....

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
5 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

We had our first properly sunny day for a while yesterday, with fluffy cumulus.  Normal service may be resumed today, as the clouds have rolled in and are trying to block the sun.

30 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Thanks for the link, interesting. I'm sure I read someone on Twitter joking with meteorologist about the freezing winter ahead. I've known courgettes go mushy when the balance on sun and rain isn't right. My pumpkin flowers are over-run with ants at the moment..really not holding out hope for any pumpkins this year.

Yet another sunny morning is cloudy by lunchtime.  Gutted Sundays is looking humid and cloudy rather than sunny now. And now it's raining....

Not unsurprisingly, it's now grey and breezy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not that great a day here, a lot of cloud and some drizzle, not overly warm as a result. Things will improve tomorrow with temperatures hitting the mid twenties in any sunshine both tomorrow and Sunday. Monday and Tuesday look like absolute belters with lots of sunshine and increasing temperatures. Typically it will likely go bang Tuesday night into Wednesday. Oh well the British summer for you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The beeb are forecasting 28c in London on Tuesday

Saturday 25c

Sunday 25c

Monday 26c

Tuesday 28c

Wednesday 25c

Thursday to Sunday 22c to 23c

I'll be surprised if 30c isn't hit by Tuesday

• Like 1

Posted

Low 20's here in Bedford. Shame that after a week of wearing shorts and t-shirts in 19C bubs be will back to normal school uniform in 24C.

must go i have a pokemon on my foot.:drunk-emoji:

Edited by Dami

Posted

I'm convinced we will exceed 30c here Tuesday and Wednesday does look hot.

Wednesday could be potentially the hottest day of this brief 'plume' for the east depending on the swiftness of the breakdown 18C isotherm tapping Beccles! :shok:

Quite a serious build of heat although short-lived a big cool down on Thursday turning markedly fresher could be a relief for some, I think there could be some huge 'fireworks'.

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I'm convinced we will exceed 30c here Tuesday and Wednesday does look hot.

Wednesday could be potentially the hottest day of this brief 'plume' for the east depending on the swiftness of the breakdown 18C isotherm tapping Beccles! :shok:

Quite a serious build of heat although short-lived a big cool down on Thursday turning markedly fresher could be a relief for some, I think there could be some huge 'fireworks'.

image.pngimage.png

Yes, potential is there for some quite violent storms. I just wish the heat would hang about a bit longer!

Posted

Plenty of sunshine to start up here, travelling east to Great Yarmouth, a good weekend forecast there with temperatures peaking at 24/25C on both days.

Next week looks pretty good, Netweather's medium range model has maximum temperatures of 29C/31C/31C for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Not bad I think.

Posted

cloudy here.

29C is too hot.

message ends.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Summer has yet to even get going this year, but the next 4-5 days looks wonderful, Tuesday in particular looks glorious. 22C here and feeling quite humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

26.8c cloudy:drunk-emoji: Think london will hit 32 next week Now 28.3c in the sun, at this rate it will be 40cby Tuesday

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Currently sitting at 26c it's going hazy with cloud building in, maximum temperature 27C

It honestly doesn't feel that warm with a light westerly breeze not bad at all. I have a feeling the Beeb are playing safe with regards to the maxima(s).

image.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

26c even on the coast.
To hot,sea breeze needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning day, reached 26c here today and the sun felt very hot. 

Going to make the most of every minute over the next 5 days (got the week off) 32/33c easily achievable come Tuesday with Wednesday looking like another hot day, not as hot as Tuesday but still 'very summer' 

Enjoy everyone, see you back on here once it cools down and the next 'heat search' starts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a beautiful day it's been. Let's hope the heat will bring us some awesome thunderstorms at the end of the heat streak.

Posted

not too bad, some sunny spells and a high of 25c.