Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Same feel to the day here in Romford as yesterday, suns out now, and warming the air up again... i wouldn't mind something like this again ... Thomasz Shcafernaker said this cloud is probably 6+ miles high, and this is the bottom bit :) ....  (on twitter to me) 

That white bit in middle is actually lightning in cloud :)

Unknown-1.jpeg

Yesterday 8pm.

Edited by Ste L
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

As is the norm, the rain it raineth just before the school run. it's is pouring.

On a better and less smelly note I have a brand new shower after the old one blew up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A cloudy day here, outbreaks of rain and a few heavier downpours thrown in. It did feel quite warm despite the cloud, up to around 18C today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
26 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Torrential rain in Wymondham this afternoon, causing surface flooding.

Indeed, 15mm recorded here, flood defences into front barns overtopped! Brings the June total to 52mm already :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had some very heavy rain this morning, torrents of water gushing down the road! Cleared up a bit now, the sun even came out for 15 seconds when it felt quite warm. Loads of cloud about though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nowt here, so far...Mostly cloudy but with some sunny intervals, still quite warm/muggy - 18C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Feels quite tropical out, neighbour's banana tree is thriving

How are your melons coping with all this rain? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, stainesbloke said:

How are your melons coping with all this rain? 

LOL They like the warmth but have been drowned in their pots three times.  I had to pour the water out. They are growing slowly but the courgette plants are four times the size of the melon plants.:cc_confused: They are in pots too.

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

LOL They like the warmth but have been drowned in their pots three times.  I had to pour the water out. They are growing slowly but the courgette plants are four times the size of the melon plants.:cc_confused: They are in pots too.

Ooh dear melons don't like it too wet, I hope they survive and the sun is back soon. Put my melons in the greenhouse so they look alright. Courgettes going mad lol...

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Ooh dear melons don't like it too wet, I hope they survive and the sun is back soon. Put my melons in the greenhouse so they look alright. Courgettes going mad lol...

If we get a decent August and September which some have predicted for the South East, then they will do very well in the greenhouse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Loving the tales of woe about @lassie23 melons! Ironic to have a name with "water" in it, and consist of 92% water, and then not be able to cope with a soggy pot! I might start calling them "I don't like too much water melons"? :D

Back from Wales and checked my weather station - found that the deluge that caused the flooding in my local High Street on Saturday gave 17mm of rain in an hour.

Lots more heavy showers around today, developing and moving E/NE into East Anglia, and the Realtime Lightening website shows a few active cells too, the latest near Maldon in Essex.

12.35 Radar Tues14June 12.35.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Let's just hope that, for the sake of common decency, Lassie covers his melons with an extremely thin, white tee-shirt?:shok:

• Like 3

Posted

Hehe, wet melon competition?! We could show off our cucumbers and courgettes, if they get big enough :D

Torrential rain again here....

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

Wow! Super heavy rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

lovely big drops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hold the front page - distant rumble of thunder from a small cell close to Fakenham. That makes 2 rumbles of thunder this year!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It is chucking it down here now, it could last a while. No thunder or lightning though the detectors suggest there might be some under this cell.

Posted
4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Let's just hope that, for the sake of common decency, Lassie covers his melons with an extremely thin, white tee-shirt?:shok:

Melons under wraps here:good::laugh:Raining again:smile:

• Like 1