Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

When is this Atlantic garbage due to clear up? Considering it's 'flaming' June, it really is vile here, gloomy, rain on and off and feeling cold at 17C. I thought there were meant to be storms again today....?

Heavy showers here at the moment.  The next week or so looks crap, considering our average high for this time of year is 21c and we should be getting about 5-10 hrs of sun per day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Much more workable day,less humid no headache felt so much better. Not everybodies cup of tea i know but for myself so much easier and less tiring .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Despite the improving outlooks from GFS and ECM the beeb are having none of it with low pressure set to return early next week either those models are wrong or we're gonna see a big backtrack from the beeb / met office

46463463.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36523062

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Despite the improving outlooks from GFS and ECM the beeb are having none of it with low pressure set to return early next week either those models are wrong or we're gonna see a big backtrack from the beeb / met office

46463463.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36523062

It's a strange one isn't it? 
The text forecast from the MetO suggests some kind of North/South split, with the drier, warmer and sunnier weather in the South.

I'm not sure how long ago it was, but I remember a similar graphic being posted by somebody, perhaps a month ago? showing low pressure slap-bang on top of the UK, and the data we have access to didn't show it quite like that. I can't remember what the complete outcome was, but I know it wasn't what the beeb had suggested.

Today saw an consecutive eight day reign of 20+ degrees come to an end here, hopefully it won't be too long before it starts again?! :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Just seen the bbc long range forecast myself.. Why is louise lear so positive?? its like   yeahhh its been raining for 4/5 days in a row.. and its going to continue for a few more days.. and yeahhh 2 day high pressure only to be replaced by more low pressure and more rain woahh  its great!!.. seems very giddy for low pressures and slow moving rain in the summer.. thats what we all need aint it..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I feel like giving up on this climate sometimes. I really do. I am so fed up of this unrelenting cloud. I seriously feel like I'm one sandwich short of a picnic at this stage. Just about anywhere in the world would be an improvement on this festering dump.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Latest chat on Model Output Discussion leaves me with The Fear (for Glastonbury week (next week,) that the BBC may have been right all along, and that the better outpurt (for next week) of earlier yesterday may have been wrong. Bummer!

Still praying for a last minute switcharound for next week though </hopecasts>

Posted

Staying unsettled till at least friday then a more settled period into next week,not to hot and not to cool,suits me perfectly!

• Like 1

Posted

A benign week next week maybe. Low pressure to the Nw so a little rain for many but better than this week. A bit of sun a lot of cloudy weather I'm guessing. The jet seems to have no energy at the mo bringing slack conditions and if HP doesn't build north enough it's very much a typical British summer 2 weeks.

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

I feel like giving up on this climate sometimes. I really do. I am so fed up of this unrelenting cloud. I seriously feel like I'm one sandwich short of a picnic at this stage. Just about anywhere in the world would be an improvement on this festering dump.

It's been a total joke down here; just 45 hrs of sun recorded for the first half of June, easily the cloudiest on record so far.

We are well overdue a run of summers averaging 60 hrs above normal, seeing as that's what we've had to put up with for the past 10 years!

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely vile down here.

Britain is absolutely a wonderful place to be when the weather is nice, unfortunately we get about 3 decent summer days a year and only 1 of those will fall on a weekend.

One of the most wretched climates on the planet

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreadful period of weather here, stopping me from getting out onto the allotment on my days off work....yes, it's June apparently! Had better weather just before Christmas. No sign of the forecast sunshine and thundery showers; just rain, cloud, more cloud and a bit of drizzle, no sun at all and chilly. Can't wait for it to bugger off!

Posted
2 hours ago, Matthew Wilson said:

A benign week next week maybe. Low pressure to the Nw so a little rain for many but better than this week. A bit of sun a lot of cloudy weather I'm guessing. The jet seems to have no energy at the mo bringing slack conditions and if HP doesn't build north enough it's very much a typical British summer 2 weeks.

Our forecast doesn't seem very 'typical' to me. It's mostly below average temperatures, lots of rain, and barely any sun.

A typical summer here means partly cloudy with temps in the low to mid 20s. The grass hasn't even started to go brown yet as its been so wet and cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

It's far from 'typical'. It's very, very cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Warming up nicely here in Darlington with the sunshine let's see if this sets off some thunderstorms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
34 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It is the month of the European monsoon season after all:ninja:

Well much of Europe is sharing in this filthy weather, France has seen floods, not good :nonono: Maybe this means July and August will be hot and sunny??........

Posted
24 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Has felt extremely oppressive so far this summer. Florida-style humidity.  Dewpoint 13C currently.  Feel like I'm in a warm sponge.  Unbearable.  

Don't strain yourself! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well much of Europe is sharing in this filthy weather, France has seen floods, not good :nonono: Maybe this means July and August will be hot and sunny??........

Hopefully August and September will be better, that's when the plants need the sun the most.

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Has felt extremely oppressive so far this summer. Florida-style humidity.  Dewpoint 13C currently.  Feel like I'm in a warm sponge.  Unbearable.  

May be not quite florida style humidity but must agree it has been uncomfortable so say the least at times. Fear not fresher conditions are coming!

• Like 1