Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

28C here now, lovely :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Absolutely ecstatic that it's like this having taken the day off. 26C and sunny with some cirrus around. Also glad that the cloud bank is much further NW than expected!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Dull and miserable here,temp 16.7c, its like a world away here from what parts of the uk are getting lol. Not that i care much for heat anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Too hot for me today, thankfully I'm in work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
14 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Too hot for me today, thankfully I'm in work!

It's either sunbathing in the garden or sat in an air conditioned office in weather like this for me. Anything in between normally requires me travelling around in a suit which can be a bit annoying.

Fortunately today it is the former. A very pleasant 28.8C imby at present. Haven't noticed the humidity just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Pure misery for me today,half mile walk with 25kg tool bag in London is no fun,way way to hot. Felt like one of the lost Foreign Legion soldiers staggering back to the oasis of the car!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Level 3 heatwave alert issued

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 10:07 on Tue 23 Aug 2016

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1200 on Tuesday and 0900 on Friday in parts of England.

There is now high confidence that temperatures are increasing today (Tuesday 23 Aug) with the highest temperatures across eastern parts of England. High daytime temperatures along with warm overnight temperatures mean that trigger criteria for Eastern England are very likely to be met, with moderate confidence that criteria will also be met in SE England and London. Warmest conditions are likely to be across central/west E England as well as London and northern parts of SE England on Tuesday. On Wednesday and Thursday (24 and 25 Aug) the warmest conditions are expected across the east of E England as well as London and central/east SE England. The highest temperatures are likely to be more isolated on Thursday as more cloud is expected.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Level 3 heatwave alert issued

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 10:07 on Tue 23 Aug 2016

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1200 on Tuesday and 0900 on Friday in parts of England.

There is now high confidence that temperatures are increasing today (Tuesday 23 Aug) with the highest temperatures across eastern parts of England. High daytime temperatures along with warm overnight temperatures mean that trigger criteria for Eastern England are very likely to be met, with moderate confidence that criteria will also be met in SE England and London. Warmest conditions are likely to be across central/west E England as well as London and northern parts of SE England on Tuesday. On Wednesday and Thursday (24 and 25 Aug) the warmest conditions are expected across the east of E England as well as London and central/east SE England. The highest temperatures are likely to be more isolated on Thursday as more cloud is expected.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

This country really is not built to cope with heat!

Posted

Sun came out................briefly here but looks like another bit of rain's going to head in. Still cool (much more inviting)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

30C here now, gorgeous day! Though humidity at only 37% so hardly feels oppressive and there is a moderate breeze. Mind you, I'm sunbathing in my garden, not in a suit or uniform which wouldn't be that great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Watch out for some potentially torrential thunderstorms breaking out across southern parts of Scotland later today the southern extent is uncertain but maybe the far north west of England and Northumberland could see some thundery activity too

Posted

Euro4 showing the UHI effect brilliantly for London tonight...

UK_temp_euro04_1608230600_1608240500.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

So so thankful this weather will soon be gone,fine for lying in your back garden sunbathing,working in it in central London is a nightmare,no fun at all,bring on Autumns cool mists and sleep filled nights!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Tomorrow looks around 24-25C here, which I think is nicer than 33-34C. I like temps in the 30s just for the sake of them, but they are definitely not pleasant, especially not in the UK where houses are designed to retain heat so things get way too warm way too quickly. 

21-23C with sunshine every day from May to September would make me very happy.. with thunderstorms thrown in for good measure.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

30C here now, gorgeous day! Though humidity at only 37% so hardly feels oppressive and there is a moderate breeze. Mind you, I'm sunbathing in my garden, not in a suit or uniform which wouldn't be that great.

Max today here was 29.7C in a sheltered W-facing garden with last night's minimum 15.1C.  Looks like this could be the last hot day this year as this wretched excuse for a "summer" limps towards its grave.  A day of blue skies with some cirrus, it's been over five years since we had a totally cloudless sky.

• Like 1

Posted

Despite being such a small group of islands, its amazing the weather differences we can get over relatively short distances with parts of the South East having higher minimum temperatures than Ireland and Western Scotland has had maximums lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

The heatwave in the south right at the end of summer is revenge for the us Northerners having hotter days right at the start of summer. Its just sods law that that front has to appear right on cue to cut us off.

Posted

A magnificent 17ºC in Edinburgh today - and cloudy with rain since 3.30pm. Long may that continue!

• Like 2