Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
14 minutes ago, reef said:

Then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. 170-200 hours of sunshine in September would be record-breaking. Even the exceptional September 2003 only just about managed it.

I honestly don't get some people in here. Its like they crave warm and sunny weather in summer but set the bar too high so they can have a whinge about it, essentially meaning they don't enjoy the very weather they actually want!

Yes some folks really have a different idea perhaps of what to expect of a British Summer.

Now i could understand the griping by some if we had a repeat of Summer 2007 where large areas of the UK exceeded 150% of the average rainfall for the 3 months!

Edited by phil nw.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
3 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

Yes some folks really have a different idea perhaps of what to expect of a British Summer.

Now i could understand the griping by some if we had a repeat of Summer 2007 where large areas of the UK exceeded 150% of the average rainfall for the 3 months!

We had the cloudiest June on record, as well as the 8th wettest. Why is it such a bad thing to be wanting a relatively sunny (but not record-breaking) September to make up for the summer month that we lost?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
22 minutes ago, reef said:

Then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. 170-200 hours of sunshine in September would be record-breaking. Even the exceptional September 2003 only just about managed it.

I honestly don't get some people in here. Its like they crave warm and sunny weather in summer but set the bar too high so they can have a whinge about it, essentially meaning they don't enjoy the very weather they actually want!

June was the cloudiest month on record for many stations in England. The previous cloudiest June was in 2012. If we can get 2 of the dullest Junes on record in 4 years, I'm sure a September that is very sunny but not record breaking isn't too much to ask. 

After all, how many very sunny April's have we had in recent years?

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted

I haven't moaned about August's weather at all so far, as it has been very average on all counts.

I like normal summers here, I don't like cool and cloudy summers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
42 minutes ago, B87 said:

We had the cloudiest June on record, as well as the 8th wettest. Why is it such a bad thing to be wanting a relatively sunny (but not record-breaking) September to make up for the summer month that we lost?

You have asked me to respond to something i havent said!

I am only discussing the 3 months of Summer and yes June was wet as i showed in my earlier post but the last 6 weeks have been quite dry in our respective locations.That was my point really, not all bad-in fact a lot of useable weather since the start of July. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

After a rather poor first half of June here in the south, it really hasn't been that bad a summer, whilst we have only had a couple of days where 30C has been reached or exceeded, there have been plenty of very warm and sunny days mixed in with the cooler ones. Today being a perfect example.

Next week ironically after all the moans might end up better that we initially thought. We could easily see fine weather for the whole week with temperatures above average, especially the further east you go. The GFS operational should deliver temperatures in the mid to high twenties in the south up until the following weekend which is better than Monday/Tuesday being hot and the rest of the week being near normal and changeable.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

You have asked me to respond to something i havent said!

I am only discussing the 3 months of Summer and yes June was wet as i showed in my earlier post but the last 6 weeks have been quite dry in our respective locations.That was my point really, not all bad-in fact a lot of useable weather since the start of July. :)

Summer is usually quite dry in my location; it's normal for the grass to go brown (as it finally did in late July). The rainfall isn't the problem, it's been the record cloudiness of June, followed by a cloudier than average July. August seems sunny by comparison but it has actually seen slightly below average sun for the first 11 days (though will catch up in the next week).

Edited by B87

Posted
19 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

After a rather poor first half of June here in the south, it really hasn't been that bad a summer, whilst we have only had a couple of days where 30C has been reached or exceeded, there have been plenty of very warm and sunny days mixed in with the cooler ones. Today being a perfect example.

Next week ironically after all the moans might end up better that we initially thought. We could easily see fine weather for the whole week with temperatures above average, especially the further east you go. The GFS operational should deliver temperatures in the mid to high twenties in the south up until the following weekend which is better than Monday/Tuesday being hot and the rest of the week being near normal and changeable.

Yeah, I guess that's the funny thing - the highest temps will be lower than originally thought but the nicer weather will last longer. Pretty much all of next week looks nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

amazed at GFS only predicting 22C for my location for tuesday! looks warmer than that, or maybe because it's too late for real heat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

amazed at GFS only predicting 22C for my location for tuesday! looks warmer than that, or maybe because it's too late for real heat

That's a nonsense when we've achieved very nearly 30c in October. Plus the all time record was set in mid-August. You do come up with some strange theories I have to say.

• Like 7

This has been a very humid Summer, the countryside is the most overgrown i've ever seen it, whats happened is Sub 546 dam airmasses never make it this far south, if you look at Summers in the past you could rely on some decent fresh spells not the downgraded ones us cool weather fans have had to suffer, can't wait for an end to this seemingly endless humidity, its really getting very tiring indeed.

On a side note next weeks heat has been massively downgraded esp at night, none of those silly 21C mins. :D

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Nick L said:

That's a nonsense when we've achieved very nearly 30c in October. Plus the all time record was set in mid-August. You do come up with some strange theories I have to say.

I agree, anywhere up to mid-October can be summer like if things fall right. In 2015 April and September into October had great anti-cyclonic spells, much better than Summer itself imo.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Met Offce only going for 22C here. The heatwave has vanished. 

Its looking below average here now with that strong E/SE wind! Just shows how the models can flip all year round.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really nice summers day on the cards,lovely fresh breeze,plenty of sunshine. Thankfully that plume event has now been binned,one of the least comfortable types of weather in my opinion. Looking very good for next week,good temps,bit of freshness,whats not to like!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yes, plenty of pleasant and usable weather on the table for next week! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

And it just gets better here... Still blowing a hoolie and we have drizzle grr. Absolute Swearing AGAIN take of a settled weekend!

Not really bothered what happens during the week. Warm sunny weather is most important at the weekends.

• Like 2

Posted

I see a lot of cloud in the forecast for here, maybe not so good.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After one gorgeous day yesterday with lots of sunshine recorded, it's back to perma-Autumn here with grey skies and howling winds. Next week looks quite pleasant at least. Shame about the heat downgrade but still, should be nice enough if cloud keeps away.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I see a lot of cloud in the forecast for here, maybe not so good.. 

GFS also suggests we'll struggle to breach the low twenties.

Posted

Just had drizzle here..

Think August will almost certainly be a poor month locally.

Posted

Bridgwater was breezy and we had loads of cloud yesterday so warm forecast didn't happen, although the clouds finally shifted for the evening. Nice enough to sit out but certainly not the warm summers day we were told to expect. Now we've had three hours of rain which only Mr. Micheal Fish forecast yesterday. Hmmph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

A good weekend forcast?? It has been light showers and drizzle with dull low cloud all morning,have had my coat on doing some guttering work,no fun,is this heatwave ever going to turn up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

A good weekend forcast?? It has been light showers and drizzle with dull low cloud all morning,have had my coat on doing some guttering work,no fun,is this heatwave ever going to turn up?

No heatwave on offer i'm afraid. And coat on?! Suppose the old and frail do need them at times......only joking:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Turned out quite nice here, the cloud has broken and plenty of sunshine, temps a reasonable 24C. No complaints.