Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Think its safe to say now this heatwave reported in the press is very much dead,little warm up but nothing else. Would be so much better if people didn't try bringing peoples hopes up by posting charts which in my opinion are to far out to take any notice of what so ever,the key is looking for that change over the whole spectrum of output and not focusing on the "good stuff"...but what do i know,i'm just some northern cave man!

• Like 2

Posted

Not that cool last night at 9c and today`s rain has once again died a death pressure is high,been quite sunny early on then cloudy but still with a weak sun glimpses poking out inbetween not bad at all.

Wales forecast yesterday showed rain.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Probably the most vile weather of the entire summer so far here, which is saying something. Always disgusting when you have to close the bedroom window in summer because you're too cold. I've had to wear a jumper as well.

I had high hopes for this summer after a very good start, and there was that plume a few weeks back, but boy have we had to endure some awful rubbish for it. There's been far too much Atlantic mediocrity gobbling up huge chunks of the season for it to possibly be placed in the better-than-normal category.

It's been better than 2015 at least - a rubbish summer in a rubbish year for weather.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Where did this rain come from? Wasn't originally forecast by the BBC. Useless buggers. 

Oh well, just one more cold day to endure before things warm up. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Where did this rain come from? Wasn't originally forecast by the BBC. Useless buggers. 

Oh well, just one more cold day to endure before things warm up. 

A model cock up that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Probably the most vile weather of the entire summer so far here, which is saying something. Always disgusting when you have to close the bedroom window in summer because you're too cold. I've had to wear a jumper as well.

I had high hopes for this summer after a very good start, and there was that plume a few weeks back, but boy have we had to endure some awful rubbish for it. There's been far too much Atlantic mediocrity gobbling up huge chunks of the season for it to possibly be placed in the better-than-normal category.

It's been better than 2015 at least - a rubbish summer in a rubbish year for weather.

yes, disgusting day

Posted

Sorry to say it's my kind of weather today,still in shorts and t-shirt,no way at all cold or even cool for me. Loving the freshness. We are all just programmed differently i suspect to certain types of temperature. Don't get me wrong at all,for summer today was crap,just not crap for me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
48 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Not that cool last night at 9c and today`s rain has once again died a death pressure is high,been quite sunny early on then cloudy but still with a weak sun glimpses poking out inbetween not bad at all.

Wales forecast yesterday showed rain.+

It's raining steadily here.

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Sorry to say it's my kind of weather today,still in shorts and t-shirt,no way at all cold or even cool for me. Loving the freshness. We are all just programmed differently i suspect to certain types of temperature. Don't get me wrong at all,for summer today was crap,just not crap for me!

It was an okay day for the most part.. sunny spells, dry, albeit on the cool side. This rain just turned up out of nowhere - but at least it's late. Would be worse if it was 12pm.

Edited by cheese

Posted

At this point I'd be quite happy to never see or hear the word "fresh" ever again. :whistling:

I actually like the cold when it's winter. Having to wrap up in August is the pits though, and after the horrific mildness of last "winter" it just takes the biscuit! Thank god I'm spending the coming winter in Central Europe (having said that the UK will probably have another 62/63 now).

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Nick L said:

A model cock up that one.

I wonder how good todays forecasters are, compared to those of the past.

Shame all the super computers, models, could not be 'unplugged' for 10 days, and see how forecasters would cope, with just obs  and maybe sat imagery.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
19 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Shame all the super computers, models, could not be 'unplugged' for 10 days, and see how forecasters would cope, with just obs  and maybe sat imagery.

Now that would be interesting......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
39 minutes ago, markyo said:

I think you were born with an unusual thermostat !

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

My stat is set cool to say the least! Pity my job has so much heat and humidity!:wallbash:

Posted
30 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Many of us would be screwed because the met courses (the university ones anyway) teach you nothing in terms of actual forecasting. Meteorology courses are designed to get you onto a PhD and research, not operational forecasting, it's a shambles.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

Maybe yes, maybe no...but in very early January 1996, I was out in the garden, in just a T-shirt (and jeans!:cold:) - the temperature was -9C!:D

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Many of us would be screwed because the met courses (the university ones anyway) teach you nothing in terms of actual forecasting. Meteorology courses are designed to get you onto a PhD and research, not operational forecasting, it's a shambles.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Does that mean your education was a shambles too? :oops:

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, cheese said:

Does that mean your education was a shambles too? :oops:

If I started on a rant about the content of my degree we'd be here all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not an awful day here like some have experienced but still disappointing for early August. Loads of cloud yet again and felt almost chilly out of the sun, especially this evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Reading about Reading's meteorology course when I was deciding between meteorology, maths, and physics actually put me off! It was a good decision, I'm now doing theoretical physics and I absolutely love it. Having said that, I think if Reading still offered the meteorology and physics course when I was applying I would have gone for it, nowhere else offers it as far as I know.

Back to Summer, and today was actually just how I like it. Walked a long way today, usually I'm used to coming home soaked in my own perspiration, but today was much more comfortable. Breezy, 17-19C, and no baking hot sunshine either. Perfect!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A pretty good day here, decent sunny spells, and felt warm.

Currently at Studland fishing, very nice down here too.

20160810_215524.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

A max of 17c here today which isn't great for early August, but working outside it did feel quite pleasant at times. Been raining on and off for around 6 hours and it's starting to become more persistent now.

Looks likely we will see mid twenties or so here early next week, although nothing to suggest there's anything to challenge the summer high of 29c set back in July.

Posted

I think we've been luckier in the south-west. Although it's been cool with only the one very short plume last month, we have at least had plenty of sunshine to offset that, and much less rain than the Midlands or north during July. The last few days have been cold and felt more like early autumn, but dry and sunny bar the one soaking last week. 
Really I could do with some more heat and the next plume looks like being far too short-lived again. 

I would love a proper heatwave. Glad I had a month off in June down by the med where I had exactly that :rofl: