Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Blue skies, light winds and 28C currently, wonderful. 6 more weeks of this please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

BBC update at 3pm

29C London - warmest day of the year so far

27C Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull;

26C Liverpool, Plymouth; 25C Edinburgh;

24C Belfast;

23C Newcastle;

19C Inverness

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I can take some heat but not with this humidity-very draining.Dry heat with these temperatures i can just about tolerate but this is not for me.

Roll on Thursday!

thurs.pngthurs max.png

Much more like it.I can enjoy my golf and other outdoor activities in that sort of temperature.

30C + heat is only enjoyable if you are on holiday or by a pool with a cold drink and some shade to hand.Phew!

My personal preference of course so those of you that like these conditions enjoy whilst it lasts.:)

• Like 3

Posted

It doesn't feel humid to me dew point only 8C this is the dry heat perfectly bearable currently 28C, I expect the humidity to shoot up overnight.

perfect summer weather:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It doesn't feel humid to me dew point only 8C

8 or 18?  :blink2:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well summer days do not get any better than this, sparkling blue skies, light winds, 28C and humidity of just 30%. Absolutely perfect.

Tomorrow will probably be a bit too much but still it is great to see the return of some proper summer heat after a rather mediocre summer so far.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Some differing reports on the humidity levels it seems.

Birmingham airport reports 79% dew point currently 17C.

histGraphAll.gif

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGBB/2016/7/18/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Nuneaton&req_state=&req_statename=United+Kingdom&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=71&reqdb.wmo=03535

so approaching the discomfort zone for me especially with little or no air movement..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, AderynCoch said:

Same here. Clear in the morning before the sun suddenly turns into a cloud magnet in the afternoon. It's happened far too often this summer and it had better not happen tomorrow...

Think it's the high humidity levels. Drier, hotter air will be in place tomorrow and the local forecast does indeed show cloudless skies, not even fair weather cumulus. We have a dew point of 19C here. 

• Like 1

Posted

We've peaked at 27.8C with a dewpoint of 19.6C so its quite uncomfortable. Tomorrow will be cooler here with the onshore breeze though.

Posted
1 minute ago, reef said:

We've peaked at 27.8C with a dewpoint of 19.6C so its quite uncomfortable. Tomorrow will be cooler here with the onshore breeze though.

Yes it's weather like this that make living in the centre of England uncomfortable.No sea breeze here,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
33 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

Some differing reports on the humidity levels it seems.

Birmingham airport reports 79% dew point currently 17C.

He

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGBB/2016/7/18/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Nuneaton&req_state=&req_statename=United+Kingdom&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=71&reqdb.wmo=03535

so approaching the discomfort zone for me especially with little or no air movement..

Here is the current recorded dewpoints across the UK

pointrosee_uk.png

You can clearly see the drier air sitting over the south east, hence the lower humidity and more pleasant feel despite the surface temperatures actually being higher.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Here is the current record dewpoints across the UK

pointrosee_uk.png

You can clearly see the drier air sitting over the south east, hence the lower humidity and more pleasant feel despite the surface temperatures actually being higher.

Thanks for the snapshot.

The highest 'humidex' ('feels like') numbers are across central parts today due to having the worst of both worlds (or best if you like humid heat) plus the least in the way of wind. So if you're over there it theoretically feels like the mid-30s at the moment...! :shok:

Posted

Reached 27.2C , and it's been a sunnier late afternoon. Not unusual for max temps to occur around 5-6pm during warmer weather.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Here is the current record dewpoints across the UK

pointrosee_uk.png

11 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Thanks for the snapshot.

The highest 'humidex' ('feels like') numbers are across central parts today due to having the worst of both worlds (or best if you like humid heat) plus the least in the way of wind. So if you're over there it theoretically feels like the mid-30s at the moment...! :shok:

Cheers guys.I thought it was my age not coping with the odd hot day,lol

I came off doing just 9 holes practice at 11.30am with wet hair golf shirt etc.That in spite of wearing a light cap and golf shorts and taking plenty of cold water.Had a hand towel to dry off club handles,face etc so i guessed it was humid!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely!

image.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

Meteociel also do the 'humidex' charts.

humidex_uk_bii2.png

I did notice Linton on Ouse having a 21C 'humidex'. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I've got 60% humidity here but haven't had the cloud problem either. Some fair weather cumulus have been floating about but it's been essentially sunny since the mist/fog cleared by 10am. As such, it's been pretty stuffy. However, I like that feeling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really uncomfortable today in south wales,humidity very high,so much harder work wise in these conditions. Would like to recommend the person who invented aircon,at least i can get to sleep tonight!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've ever been a fan of humidex, it highly exaggerates values. Heat index and apparent temperature are more apt for this country.

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Really uncomfortable today in south wales,humidity very high,so much harder work wise in these conditions. Would like to recommend the person who invented aircon,at least i can get to sleep tonight!

I don't know anyone with air-con - and I have friends all over the country!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've ever been a fan of humidex, it highly exaggerates values. Heat index and apparent temperature are more apt for this country.

Yes I thought that. They use it in Canada, for example the low 30's apparently felt closer to 40 when I was there.
It almost always seems higher than the temperature too so it's as if it considers 0% or unusually low humidity as 'normal'.

It's reached 26.2C here today (not bad for near the coast with a sea breeze), but the humidex said it felt like 33C earlier, It didn't...

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1