Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Truly horrendous summer we are having down here, the only saving grace is the humidity keeping it at least somewhat mild, but the relentless 30km/h wind even takes the edge off that! Temperatures have only hit 20C or higher on 3 occasions since 28th June and worst of all the cloud, it is like they have taken the South Coast and moved it 400 miles north since 2007. Long gone are the days it seems when 200+ hours of sunshine were possible in this region in July pretty much every summer month, as well as the possibility of getting multiple thunderstorms in summer. This summer isn't as bad as 2007 or 2012 but it isn't far off and is worse than pretty much any summer we had here from 1989-2006 with boring nothingness being the theme of summer these days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Sorry don't agree, it's really not great. It has been consistently below average for nearly 4 weeks now with sunshine levels very disappointing. The wind is also very gusty for this time of year. Like I said: crap!

ok we'll agree on crapish then! Totally agree though regarding the sunshine level,even though i'm not a fan even i can say sunshine totals have been very poor. Gusty winds are slightly up on the usual but nothing out of the ordinary. End of next week could bring you something more akin to your liking. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

ok we'll agree on crapish then! Totally agree though regarding the sunshine level,even though i'm not a fan even i can say sunshine totals have been very poor. Gusty winds are slightly up on the usual but nothing out of the ordinary. End of next week could bring you something more akin to your liking. 

It's just the consistency of the rubbish weather that gets to me. At least in May and early June we had some nice days mixed in with the dross but since then it has been relentless. Ok, it's not quite 2012 poor but still very depressing. Basically, everything is 300-500 miles further south than normal. Like you say, though, some hope for later next week. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

It's been rubbish here, by now we really should be seeing mid 20s days as standard, but we have only seen 3 days of 25c all year! June averaged 3 hrs of sun a day when it should be averaging 7. The first week of July had almost average sun, but any chance of a normal month has gone out the window now.

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It's just the consistency of the rubbish weather that gets to me. At least in May and early June we had some nice days mixed in with the dross but since then it has been relentless. Ok, it's not quite 2012 poor but still very depressing. Basically, everything is 300-500 miles further south than normal. Like you say, though, some hope for later next week. 

Yep agree,i am no fan of summer at all but even i must say this dross as you well put it is crap,fingers crossed that glimmer of hope becomes more positive over the next few days. Us cave dwellers will just have to put up with it for a bit,your turn is long over due for the heat in my opinion.

• Like 1

Posted

Ive just worked out that for the last 10 Augusts to match the long term average high, August 2016 will need to average 31c! That's 4c higher than the current warmest August (1995 with 27.0c).

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weatherguru14 said:

Very promosing for  a  settled spell  next week. Please let it come true.. If not am gonna screammmmmmm

How many times have the models hinted at a return to normal, only for it to be pushed back and back though?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, B87 said:

How many times have the models hinted at a return to normal, only for it to be pushed back and back though?

Yes thats very true.. Law of averages.. ones going to turn out right?? its got to asn't it?? :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

It is a novelty hearing those in the south crying because of the rubbish weather.Am surprised it has only hit 23 today as it has reached the dizzy heights of 20 here today,it actually feels a little warmer,mind you it is wet and windy !

Posted

I quite enjoyed today. 24C and while a bit cloudy and windy, it was still kinda nice to sit in. Nicer than the house anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Max of 22.4C today, but it also rained on and off.. it was breezy, but the breeze was warm. I was actually surprised by how warm it felt outside. Very pleasant. Just wish the sun would have come out.. dull all day.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Think the correct word is muggy,bad nights sleep,hopefully this crap airflow soon gets cut off and something fresher arrives. Should do by monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well if yesterday was bad, today is truly dire with heavy drizzle, more wind and November-like light levels. Meanwhile, just across the Channel, proper summer weather with Paris at a lovely 25C already.

Posted

mRMeQbu.jpg

Limited heat, bouts of rain forecast for UK and Ireland

High pressure sitting to the west of Ireland and the U.K. will keep extreme heat at bay and also direct Atlantic depressions between Iceland and the British Isles.

While the center of the depressions will often pass near or north of Scotland, rain will frequent much of the U.K. with the heaviest falls expected in Northern Ireland, western Scotland and northwest England.

"After a wet start to 2016, the unsettled weather will continue into the summer months, which means there could be enhanced localized flooding, especially in areas that are trying to still clean up from the floods in early winter," AccuWeather Meteorologist Tyler Roys said.

Frontal boundaries accompanying the depressions will sweep through the U.K. and Ireland, ending any warmth and resulting in seasonable temperatures for much of the summer months.

The frequency of these fronts and a flow off the Atlantic Ocean for much of the summer will result in no extended heat waves for the Isles.

These fronts will also bring occasional thunderstorms with downpours, lightning and small hail.

So far its gone this way:hi:

Posted
9 hours ago, markyo said:

Think the correct word is muggy,bad nights sleep,hopefully this crap airflow soon gets cut off and something fresher arrives. Should do by monday.

Low of 17C last night, slept for 12 hours non-stop. Hard to believe some people were awake last night struggling to sleep because it's too warm!

Edited by cheese

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Low of 17C last night, slept for 12 hours non-stop. Hard to believe some people were awake last night struggling to sleep because it's too warm!

Each to their own i'm afraid. Many people would have found last night uncomfortable due to the humid feel and not just the temp. You must be very lucky not to find such nights a tad frustrating for sleeping,i loath weather like this,it is totally pointless grey crap. We are all different in the way we feel the effects of weather,something you should take into account before you post. Take in the winter,i'm certain you would be complaining of cold weather long before i even noticed it but i wouldn't go down the route of hard to believe or the you must be joking statements that are often posted to push my point of view. Nothing against good banter far from it you just need to understand that everybody's view is different.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

Each to their own i'm afraid. Many people would have found last night uncomfortable due to the humid feel and not just the temp. You must be very lucky not to find such nights a tad frustrating for sleeping,i loath weather like this,it is totally pointless grey crap. We are all different in the way we feel the effects of weather,something you should take into account before you post. Take in the winter,i'm certain you would be complaining of cold weather long before i even noticed it but i wouldn't go down the route of hard to believe or the you must be joking statements that are often posted to push my point of view. Nothing against good banter far from it you just need to understand that everybody's view is different.

Not necessarily - I like cold winters. I just don't like cold summers. Proper four-season climate is what I desire, sadly lacking in the UK.

Posted
22 minutes ago, cheese said:

Not necessarily - I like cold winters. I just don't like cold summers. Proper four-season climate is what I desire, sadly lacking in the UK.

Fair point,our four seasons i'm afraid seem to have deserted us. I suppose my idea of a cold summer differs from yours by a good degree. This summer in my opinion has not been cold at all,just way to cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not cold down south, high humidity here for a while now. We seem to just have autumn all year round, might as well have an autumn thread up 24/7

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Not cold down south, high humidity here for a while now. We seem to just have autumn all year round, might as well have an autumn thread up 24/7

Another year, another perma-Autumn! Very boring as there's no interesting weather whatsoever. At least May and June had some convective interest to take the edge off the otherwise generally crap conditions. The sun finally came out here this afternoon and temperatures scraped up to average, sadly all a bit academic with yet more howling wind. Saying all that, some very nice charts coming out especially ECM...summer to finally arrive later this week (by summer I mean 80F+ and lots of sun)?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

The only way I can tell what time of year it is these days is by the day length. December-14C and cloudy. April-14C and cloudy. June and July-14C and cloudy. October-14C and cloudy. Christmas 14C and cloudy. No lying snow. Hardly any frost. Hardly any thunder. 25C happens about as often as 30C did in the 1990s. 

This isn't what we signed up for when we accepted the Kyoto Protocol. 

• Like 1