Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Had 1 inch of rain deary me.

Now its the wettest june since 2007.

Not quite as wet as june 1998 yet though.

Surprised its wetter than 2012?

Wettest June here since 2012, but 2013, 2014 and 2015 were all relatively dry.  A lot drier than 2012 here with about half the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A screenshot posted by BBC Weather ahead of tonight's weekly forecast suggest a north westerly flow developing during next week

CmI8E8aXIAAUi-K.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Dissapointing outlook, a notably cool start to July - indeed significantly below average in the north, with maxes some 4-5 degrees below the norm, we saw a similiar deviation late July last year. The optimism and splendour of late May/early June has quickly evaporated, lets hope it can return mid July.

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, virtualsphere said:

Surprised its wetter than 2012?

Wettest June here since 2012, but 2013, 2014 and 2015 were all relatively dry.  A lot drier than 2012 here with about half the rain.

June 2012 was wet but 1 inch less currently,july was far wetter in 2012.

July 1998 was a lot dryer.

• Like 1

Posted

Shocking again this morning the models.Someone seems to hate the UK. You can guarantee if there was only 1 low prressure system on the entire earth it will be over UK..Like a moth like a flame. You can also guarantee once September comes..we will get 2 months of dry weather..

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted

Every year since 2000 at least there has been at least 1 month, sometimes 4, with a 2c anomaly against an average CET month. We haven't had 1 so far this year. Let's hope July doesn't go that low and August ends up well above average. I suspect October will once again be well above average.

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

Shocking again this morning the models.Someone seems to hate the UK. You can guarantee if there was only 1 low prressure system on the entire earth it will be over UK..Like a moth like a flame. You can also guarantee once September comes..we will get 2 months of dry weather..

, Just spent 2 months back in Skipton and the weather was for the most part not bad, seems to have gone down hill for most parts since I left. As much as I love Blighty, its such a delight to be back in Austria to wake up to warm sunshine on most days. Certainly recent summers have become hotter and drier over here . Wish we could distribute some summer weather your way.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, carinthian said:

, Just spent 2 months back in Skipton and the weather was for the most part not bad, seems to have gone down hill for most parts since I left. As much as I love Blighty, its such a delight to be back in Austria to wake up to warm sunshine on most days. Certainly recent summers have become hotter and drier over here . Wish we could distribute some summer weather your way.

Austria is the middle of europe and gets it weather from the southern europe or from eastern europe..Eastern Europe as had some blistering summers in recent years..The uk is Northwest of europe facing the atlantic we get all the crap. To be fair its not just UK really  Northern france and the low countries get pretty similar weather.. Shame we seem to be  a in rut of poor summers.. and thanks for the offer  for sunnier warmer weather..:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
35 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A nice start to the final day of June hardly a cloud in the sky currently

Not down here dull cloud laden skies ..this had to be dullest and coolest June along with 1991 that I can remember

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

June is still going to finish above the 61-90, 81-10, and even the 2001-2015 mean nonetheless. Hasn't felt like it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

June is still going to finish above the 61-90, 81-10, and even the 2001-2015 mean nonetheless. Hasn't felt like it.

Minima no doubt. My minima have been above average but maxima will come in below.

Posted

1991 had a decent July and August. Don't give up hope.

Late May and early June were excellent but it's really gone downhill since then. A real shame. You can't get a good summer if the good spells are cancelled out by bad ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

Minima no doubt. My minima have been above average but maxima will come in below.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Not the worst june here by any means but only had a couple of warm sunny days earlier in the month,the rest been cloudy or showery or both and temps being poor too often.What makes it feel worse is it following a shocking wet winter and a spring that was cold with any sunny days spoilt with a constant cool wind.The warm sunny days we have had this year are shockingly short whereas I spent most of October last year in a t shirt,the seasons seem to be all mixed up !

Posted
45 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

Not the worst june here by any means but only had a couple of warm sunny days earlier in the month,the rest been cloudy or showery or both and temps being poor too often.What makes it feel worse is it following a shocking wet winter and a spring that was cold with any sunny days spoilt with a constant cool wind.The warm sunny days we have had this year are shockingly short whereas I spent most of October last year in a t shirt,the seasons seem to be all mixed up !

Yes long range seasonal models possibly indicating a higher chance of a blocked pattern autumn. Summer may arrive in September properly! Now wouldnt that be ironic:fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Saw an interesting map on another forum that showed June having a cooling trend in Western Europe since 2000 but a warming trend in Eastern Europe.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Average high in June here was 19.4C. 1981-2010 average is 18.8C. So a bit warmer than normal but nothing we haven't seen before. June 2003 and 2006 had average highs of 22C.

Sunshine - unsure, probably around 120 hours.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

July 1st 2015, 8am: cloudless blue skies, 22C and climbing fast.

July 1st 2016, 8am: totally overcast and raining, 15C and going nowhere.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I much prefer this year's 1st July! Last year was revolting. 

• Like 1

Posted

This day last year was glorious.

Leaving my house to catch the train to work in just a t-shirt (and shorts of course) and it was already showing 27 degrees on my phone at 8am. Felt like being on holiday in Spain or the South of France.

Coming home on the packed commuter train, absolutely drenched in sweat while the staff passed out bottles of water. It was bliss.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
15 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I much prefer this year's 1st July! Last year was revolting. 

Oh yes,last year this time was shocking,truly horrible conditions,this year so much more comfortable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

This day last year was glorious.

Leaving my house to catch the train to work in just a t-shirt (and shorts of course) and it was already showing 27 degrees on my phone at 8am. Felt like being on holiday in Spain or the South of France.

Coming home on the packed commuter train, absolutely drenched in sweat while the staff passed out bottles of water. It was bliss.

Your idea of heaven is to many pure hell!!

• Like 3