Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nice and sunny but windy. 18.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Poor start to the day but improved as the afternoon went on with some decent sunshine.

downhill again now though with rain looking likely before too long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Thoroughly miserable wet day up here, maybe better for other parts of the region and certainly so for other parts of the country but seeing the sun at Wimbledon later will do nothing for the spirits of those like me stuck under the cloud and rain.

Anyway if this is the best that mid summer can offer then role of September when no doubt dry conditions will arrive or better still October when two weeks in the Western U.S. beckons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

You are not alone Ian wet and thoroughly miserable here feels Humid but all in all Pants.

C.S 

Posted

The North West in prime position once again to soak up all the rain today.  That last week in May, first few days of June when the dull weather was cloaking the east coast and West was best in terms of dry, sunny, warm weather is but a long distant memory.  It was always going to revert to type before too long.

Posted

14c and drizzling here right now. That's officially worse than last summer, when I thought 16c was cold...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Awful day that wouldn't be out of place in late October or November.  Felt very chilly when I went out in the afternoon (in fleece-lined hoodie and knee shorts) explained by the miserable 14C breeze.  Moderate to heavy rain that began in the early hours and kept up all morning.  Currently Liverpool ATIS reports 14C with DP 12C, showers in the vicinity, pressure 1009mb.  Currently dry, roads still wet, the breeze has dropped out, I'd say now F1,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Well I'm enjoying summer so far.. :)

Posted

Two weeks until my summer vacation 

in the algarve currently a very nice

hot 32c cannot wait forgotten what

heat feels like 

C.S

Posted

Slow start to the day but a bit of sun since mid afternoon and thankfully dry throughout.

will it last, hopefully but after this years pathetic excuse of a summer,  I doubt it.

Posted

Overall a nice day here not wall to wall

sunshine by any means but when the

sun breaks through feels very warm

C.S

Posted

The dreaded southwesterly airstream has plagued us today - resulting in a filthy day, low cloud down to about 100 metres meaning poor visibility, light rain or drizzle on and off, and a mucky humid feel - damp cloaking everything - where is the Friday in July feeling?

Posted

Looking hot for Tuesday even here now. Charts show a patch of 31 around Manchester as well as the one near London. That will be a bit of a shock to the system. Personally I'd prefer a week at 23 to 25 over one boiling hot day then back to 19 and overcast a couple of days later.

Posted
3 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Looking hot for Tuesday even here now. Charts show a patch of 31 around Manchester as well as the one near London. That will be a bit of a shock to the system. Personally I'd prefer a week at 23 to 25 over one boiling hot day then back to 19 and overcast a couple of days later.

I'm with you on that one, that's why late spring, early summer is probably my favorite time of year, and type of weather.  The last week of May and first few days of June were perfect.  When it starts tipping the scale to late 20's and 30's then you know in this country the humidity will rise and the hot sticky nights will make for uncomfortable sleeping.  The only upshot of such weather is the potential of some decent thunderstorms breaking out.

I've got an outdoors job now, and I would prefer a day of cold drizzle than the feeling of working inside an oven.  I probably wouldn't if I was enjoying the day on a beach somewhere though.  Horses for courses.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Evening North Westerners! Looking at this no lower than 20c tomorrow night for the most built up areas of Manchester. Close to that for parts of Merseyside as well. Tuesday's going to be a hot day for sure with a warm start like that.

5569_jho0.png

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted

Met office going for 30c here, not good for working in

Edited by carl1980

Posted

Severe weather warning for tomorrow and into Wednesday. With charts like this I'm not surprised.

578cca7190c70_ukcapeli(1).png.d16ccff38bf965cdaa7e15388de3ca75.png

Posted

Looks good, hope we get some juicy t-storms, love the smell and atmosphere in the air when a genuine continental imported storm approaches.  Having the summer 'heat' and not being rewarded with a good storm, is like getting a few sub zero days in the winter and then having a slow moving weak weather front lift temperatures ahead of it's moisture, then dropping rain instead of snow.  A tad disappointing.  

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Would be great to have a thunderstorm with more than the normal 0.2 strikes per minute

Posted

All in all a disappointing day,mainly cloudy with odd glimpse of Sunshine,very muggy though Temperature of 26c

And as I type a Rain Shower is passing through,looks like the temperature will peak tomorrow with 30c a possibility,before

Thunderstorms Tuesday night and first thing Wednesday,23c looks like the high on Wednesday,before back to 19c On

Thursady and Friday.

C.S 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Amazing no one is discussing the potential storm action overnight into tomorrow. Is it so bad in NW England that everyone has given up?

Once the cap breaks tonight with energy of circa 1500j/kg and lifted index of -7 it will pick off tomorrow morning for sure . Not even the Welsh hills can stop this one

I'm aiming to get a good view to the NW by travelling up to the Peaks. That's assuming storms make it to the Manchester area (ish) as they trundle N/NE'wards.

Posted

Jesus it's hot, just worked out the humidex for here and it's 37C! Have had to come in from mowing the large lawn here to rest and dunk my head in the sink. This is definitely heat stroke weather working outside in the open.